PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most famous RedsZoner?

max venable
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Anybody that visits this forum famous? Somewhat famous? Okay, is anyone that visits this forum known (recognized) by more than 500 people?

Click all that apply, we'll see how famous we are as a group.

Also, post why you think you might qualify for the "most famous" (even if that means not really famous at all) RedsZoner.

deltachi8
01-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I once deliverd a taco pizza to Tommy Smothers, does that count?

max venable
01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I once deliverd a taco pizza to Tommy Smothers, does that count?

Dang! I should have thought to include that in the poll.

Ltlabner
01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I just did a google search for my name and found someone else out there with my exact name. My name isn't very common at all so to see someone else out there with it is kinda freaky.

But in general, except in the vast empire in my brain, I am not famous.

Cedric
01-05-2007, 02:52 PM
1- My livejournal account comes up as the first search. My full name is odd.
2- Sports
3- spoke at college commencement because of role at University.

Nothing famous by any stretch though.

max venable
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Nothing famous by any stretch though.

That may be true, but we're looking for the most famous 'zoner. I doubt if any of us are truly "famous." :thumbup:

BoydsOfSummer
01-05-2007, 03:02 PM
I fit 4 of them and I played semi-pro football but didn't get paid.

Autographs can be had through the mail for a small fee.

Chip R
01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Wheelhouse is an actor and was on at least one episode of Law and Order as a character who killed a woman named Boone. I don't think he really had to get too much into character for that role. :lol: Wally Post is a professional drummer and has played with Joan Osbourne among others. M2 and WOY got an article about the Reds published in Baseball Prospectus about 3-4 years ago. Marc Lancaster is a RedsZoner.

Ltlabner
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Wheelhouse is an actor and was on at least one episode of Law and Order as a character who killed a woman named Boone.

Really...wow. I wonder if Sam Waterson is as cool in person as he appears in his role as John J. McCoy?

marcshoe
01-05-2007, 03:09 PM
I've slipped to number 24 when I google my name! This calls for action; I used to be on the first page. :eek:

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I won a NKOTB look-alike and dance-alike contest in 1990. (Jon Knight, mullet and all.) I signed autographs for about a hundred 12 year olds after the contest.

I had a short story published in a Lawrence, KS humor journal back in college (I forgot to mark that).

There was a blurb about my web site (www.spitter.com) in an issue of ESPN: The Magazine back in 2000. Griffey was on the cover; I have a framed copy on my wall.

I was on a "Quiz Bowl" show back in junior high. My team (me and three kids who were at least two years younger than me) took second.

marcshoe
01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I was on a "Quiz Bowl" show back in junior high. My team (me and three kids who were at least two years younger than me) took second.

That's where my TV appearance came in as well. I was on "High-Q", a local high school quiz show, when I was a high school senior.

I've had a short story published, and maybe a couple of other things. I also used to (very briefly) be a local sportswriter, so the newspaper thing's automatic.

Danny Serafini
01-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm one of those people who technically fits a few of these but no one outside of my house would know who I am. :laugh: Sad to see I've slipped off the first pages of the Google search though.

RedsManRick
01-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I had 15 minutes of internet fame thanks to my college a cappella group's video of a gag-song (nintendo redefined) hitting the hot viral sites like college humor. We also sang in front of 2500+ people a few times, but that's the extent of my fame.

Yachtzee
01-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I prefer to live in the shadows. :cool:

gonelong
01-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I have absolutely no doubts that I am on a few infamous lists.

Not famous by any standard, just how I like it.

GL

deltachi8
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I have absolutely no doubts that I am on a few infamous lists.

Not famous by any standard, just how I like it.

GL

I thought infamous was beyond famous....the INfamous El Guapo

Chip R
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I thought infamous was beyond famous....the INfamous El Guapo

Naw, infamous means you are famous for doing something notorious - like Puffy.

Redsland
01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
My industry loves to shower itself with awards, and I've won my share of them. As a result, I have good name recognition around the country, and I've been featured in a number of trade magazines and a handful of books. Thanks to that exposure, I've been asked to do a little bit of speaking and that sort of thing.

Outside of my industry, I'm primarily known as "the guy who drives around with his blinker on."

Johnny Footstool
01-05-2007, 04:38 PM
That's where my TV appearance came in as well. I was on "High-Q", a local high school quiz show, when I was a high school senior.

This one was called "Kid-Q". The cutoff age was 13, so it was mostly eighth graders like myself, plus my 11 year old teammates (whom I think answered a total of 2 questions throughout the tournament). The questions were just as hard as High-Q -- "What organelle is responsible for digestion within animal cells?". The prize was a trip to the local water park.

Super_Barry11
01-05-2007, 04:48 PM

I was on High-Q too!! Good times!! (We got our butts kicked.) :laugh:

Red Leader
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I was on the Uncle Al Show. I did the birthday twist. I was on Clubhouse 22 in Dayton when I was little, too. Perhaps you guys remember me? :laugh:

Ltlabner
01-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Now that I think about it, I was on a local Cincy TV Show called "Safety Patrol" or something like that as a kid. It was filmed at Ch 9, I think. You answered safety questions and if you got one wrong you went to jail. I spent most of my time hamming it up in the jail cell.

marcshoe
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I was on High-Q too!! Good times!! (We got our butts kicked.) :laugh:

We lost by one question to Jackson, Ohio. I don't remember the question, but the answer was "Pilgrim's Progress". I still remember the way the girl (the only person on their team who answered any questions) spit out the words. The exact question had been asked during warm-ups, and our team just plain froze when they asked it again.

Blimpie
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I thought infamous was beyond famous....the INfamous El GuapoThe funniest part of that movie was when El Guapo's crew of banditos all chipped in and got him something for his 40th birthday....a sweater.

vaticanplum
01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Really...wow. I wonder if Sam Waterson is as cool in person as he appears in his role as John J. McCoy?

I talked to Sam Waterston for about an hour once. I was pretty drunk and it was still one of the most fascinating conversations I've ever had. He is VERY smart, a great conversationalist, a very curious and genuine guy, and is actually somebody who still has great passion and belief in what he does after years and years in what can be a messy business.

He's aging, though. You really see it in his face and his breathing up close.

He also has a daughter who acts, Elisabeth, she's very nice as well.

RedsManRick
01-05-2007, 06:19 PM
The funniest part of that movie was when El Guapo's crew of banditos all chipped in and got him something for his 40th birthday....a sweater.

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A *plethora*.
Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Best exchange ever.

Caveat Emperor
01-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I have my own podcast, does that count? :cool:

MrCinatit
01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
When I put my name in Google, I was trumped by many - including a cricket player. Yeah. A freaking circket player. My published name comes up second.
"MrCinatit" on Google, though...allllll me.

vaticanplum
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow, I'm the only me on google. That's awesome.

I fit seven of these but the only thing I could really be considered "famous" for is not on here ;)

also, how has no one commented on this:

I won a NKOTB look-alike and dance-alike contest in 1990. (Jon Knight, mullet and all.) I signed autographs for about a hundred 12 year olds after the contest.

my cousin would have been deeply in love with you, Johnny. I was always a Joe McIntyre girl myself.

toledodan
01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Now that I think about it, I was on a local Cincy TV Show called "Safety Patrol" or something like that as a kid. It was filmed at Ch 9, I think. You answered safety questions and if you got one wrong you went to jail. I spent most of my time hamming it up in the jail cell.

i watched that show when i was a kid. also i remember burger chef. damn were old.:D :beerme:

i've bowled 12 300 games but that doesn't make you famous anymore.:bang:

Raisor
01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
According to Puffy, I'm dating three Play Boy models, which is nice...

TeamCasey
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I have publications in scientific journals. Lots of published folks!

RBA
01-05-2007, 08:30 PM
I was one of Time Magazines's Person of the Year 2006.

MrCinatit
01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I was one of Time Magazines's Person of the Year 2006.

I saw that - you look exactly like me.

Yachtzee
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow, I'm the only me on google. That's awesome.

I fit seven of these but the only thing I could really be considered "famous" for is not on here ;)

also, how has no one commented on this:

my cousin would have been deeply in love with you, Johnny. I was always a Joe McIntyre girl myself.

My freshman year of college, I was rockin' the Jordan Knight "Mushroom Cloud" hairstyle until I worked as an usher for an NKOTB show. It was then that I figured out why 12-year-old girls always seemed to have a crush on me, but the ladies my own age would have nothing to do with me. I had my fraternity brother's girlfriend shave it off the next day.

Yachtzee
01-05-2007, 08:52 PM
i watched that show when i was a kid. also i remember burger chef. damn were old.:D :beerme:

i've bowled 12 300 games but that doesn't make you famous anymore.:bang:

You wouldn't happen to be Amish, would you? ;)

RBA
01-05-2007, 09:12 PM
What if it's against FCC regulations to show my talent on TV? ;)

RedsBaron
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
I technically can be included in several of the caetgories mentioned in the poll, even though I am by no means "famous."
1. I did once sign several dozen autographs. Perhaps a dozen or more years ago I spoke at a career day at Genoa Elementary School. For some reason I was a "hit" with the students. One student came to get my autograph. The next thing I knew dozens of the kids had lined up behind him and I signed autographs for them all. I have no idea why I received that reaction, and it has never again happened.
2. I was on TV when I was about 6 years old, singing with a youth choir on a local religious program. Since then I have occasionally, not often, been on TV being interviewed about a pending legal matter. I have also been quoted in the local newspapers on legal matters.
3. I've technically been "published" in reported appellate cases in legal publications. For that matter, I've had the occasional letter to the editor published, including a letter published in the Wall Street Journal years ago.
4. My name is unusual, so if I "google it" it readily comes up, again for legal matters.
5. I once spoke at a political rally in front of the WV State Capitol. I don't know if 1000 people were present, but there were at least a few hundred.
6. Does meeting Chuck Yeager and getting his autograph and meeting Martina McBride and being photographed with her count?;)

BUTLER REDSFAN
01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
my sister was on the franklin,ohio "it's academic" team. They were filming their episode at channel 48's studios the day of the xenia tornado. In the middle of filming they called a tornado warning and told everyone to get in the basement...

TeamCasey
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I forgot I was on Romper Room! :)

George Foster
01-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I was the equipment manager for the UK BatCats in undergrad. I had to stay in the dug-out after the game to gather jackets, bats, etc. As I was leaving this 4 or 5 year old said, " Sir could I have your autograph?" I said sure! He had a piece of paper. I said, " no way, how about this?" And I pulled out a brandnew SEC baseball. I ask him his name and signed it to Austin. He said, " wow..thank-you and he hug me. I almost started to cry. I said, "hey kid wait a second." I pulled out another SEC baseball and I said, "will you sign my ball?" His eyes lit up and he said..."what's your name?" Swear to God!:laugh:

I keep that ball with all my other signed balls...for good luck!

George Foster
01-05-2007, 10:18 PM
I forgot I was on Romper Room! :)

I was on Romper Room as well and also Mr. Cartoon in Hunington WV!!!

RedsBaron
01-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I was on Romper Room as well and also Mr. Cartoon in Hunington WV!!!

I forgot about Mr. Cartoon. I was on that TV show, too.

Heath
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I was the student radio sports director and disc jockey of WWSU in Dayton for a couple of years, and the 2 month graveyard shift DJ at the OLD WAZU-FM in Dayton. I played lots of metal rock.

Good times.

Chip R
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
If it weren't for vintage base ball, I could only check about one or two of these. I have given autographs before to kids while in uniform. That's always pretty neat even though they will probably throw it away. My picture has been in the Enquirer once or twice. I've been on TV from marching in the Opening Day parade and playing ball - and neither one is necessarily a skill. I've never been published - although that would be very cool. I don't think I've ever been in a national magazine although my picture has been taken so often I just might have by accident. I haven't played professionally, not even the few times I've played for the Red Stockings. ;) Speaking in front of 1,000 people would not be a good thing. I have trouble in front of a few. Thank goodness I've never done anything stupid enough to be notorious.

toledodan
01-05-2007, 11:27 PM
You wouldn't happen to be Amish, would you? ;)

no not amish!:laugh: i loved kingpin though.:thumbup: :D

IslandRed
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Let's see, what did I do back when I was younger and more interesting:

Published, yes. Worked for the sports department of a daily paper for a few years, part-time, just doing grunt editing work but I wrote a few things. I also published a few articles for fantasy baseball magazines about a decade ago.

Name on Google, barely. I go by my middle name, it's fairly common.

Featured in a local paper, yes. High school academics and, several years ago, I was writing an online rumor mill about college football recruiting. (This was when it was just starting to become a big business. I gave it up shortly thereafter, I wasn't doing it for money.) One of the state newspapers did a piece about recruiting and the Internet and I had some quotes in there.

On TV for talent, I did one of the high-school team quiz shows also. Forget what it was called.

Also did the college-DJ thing.

In other words, stuff that everyone but me and my parents has long since forgotten.

vaticanplum
01-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I have my own podcast, does that count? :cool:

What's your podcast CE, is it baseball or even sports-related? I'd love to hear how it measures up to your typed PBP :)

Unassisted
01-06-2007, 12:26 AM
I've had my name in the credits of local TV shows before.

My name appears in the credits of my employer's software.

I run my employer's message boards. Since my employer is in a booming tech industry and there are many posts there with my name attached to them, spammers have begun including my name and portions of my posts as part of nonsense text on spam blogs to drive up their search score on Google. I guess that makes me famous among spammers. :lol:

smallbattle
01-06-2007, 01:49 AM
does talking in front of 1000 people count if they're my kids?

GAC
01-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Did a Google search of my name and found a ...

Mormon NFL player
Professor of Economics University of California
A Conservative Member of Parliament
An editor of RHETORIC SOCIETY QUARTERLY
A Canadian newspaperman, soldier, outdoorsman, humorist, journalist during WW1
A physicist at the IBM Research Division
A Hollywood sound mixer for "Curb Your Enthusiasm", and such classics as "George Bush Goes to Heaven" (no kidding) and "L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies: Return to Savage Beach"

But only one with the same name has ever set themselves on fire. So lets see them top that! ;)

RedsBaron
01-06-2007, 07:31 AM
I had forgotten about my days as sports editor of my high school paper. I had a column in the school paper every issue, and I also had an article every week during football season in the Wayne County News.

MrCinatit
01-06-2007, 08:53 AM
does talking in front of 1000 people count if they're my kids?

:eek:

You have 1,000 kids!!??!!

:clap:

WVRed
01-06-2007, 09:12 AM
My name comes up for Deans List.:)

Just sayin'.

marcshoe
01-06-2007, 09:37 AM
So, does anyone have their own Wikipedia listing?

creek14
01-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Where's the *Slept with a professional athlete* choice? :evil: :devil: :evil:

cincinnati chili
01-06-2007, 09:48 AM
M2 and WOY got an article about the Reds published in Baseball Prospectus about 3-4 years ago.

There's also at least one prominent member of Prospectus who occasionally posts here.

cincinnati chili
01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Where's the *Slept with a professional athlete* choice? :evil: :devil: :evil:

Stop telling everyone about me and Brady Anderson.

Heath
01-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Stop telling everyone about me and Brady Anderson.

Darn - those Gabrelle Sabatini rumors just won't go away.

HumnHilghtFreel
01-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Back in about 4th or 5th grade, I was interviewed at school by Andrea Cambern, the Columbus Channel 10 news lady.(P.S. she said I was cute on the air, which at the time was the highlight of my life)

I think it was about the proficiency tests.

I had a small following on an old blog, but I wouldn't call any of that published work.

So I guess I'm not too famous.

Yachtzee
01-06-2007, 10:38 AM
I was a college DJ too, at Kent State. For one semester, I even had the prime lunch-time shift, which was broadcast to all the dining halls. However, you could only pick up our station in the dorms and dining halls. No broadcast to the population at large. What with the transmitter for WKSU on campus (so strong you could hear it through the phones), it's unlikely our signal would have made it far anyway.

I used to come up high in web searches, back in the days when I designed web sites (In the early days of the WWW), but now that I'm out of that business, you're more likely to find listings from genealogy websites, as I have a fairly common first name and a fairly common last name among German immigrants. There is a hit for a coach for a Conference USA football team.

I won a contest once through the Baseball Hall of Fame. They actually "published" a few baseball-oriented haikus I submitted. I won a book of baseball poetry.

I could have tried out for the "Academic Challenge" team for my school, but I was already catching abuse from the football players for being a soccer player and didn't want to compound things by joining the "nerd squad." I regret that decision.

RedsBaron
01-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I once had an opportunity to host my own local radio talk show. Maybe 15 years ago I was representing a group that wanted to hold a rally on a local court house lawn. The County Commission had created a limited public forum, but then refused to give access to the forum to the group I represented based solely upon the content of their viewpoint. Anyway, I was able to secure access for the group, and received some publicity as a result.
A few weeks later I received a phone call from a local religious radio station, with an offer for me to host my own radio talk show. I declined. Not only did I not have the time to host a show, I had no wish to give daily voice to whatever opinions I might have over the radio. I knew that I would put my foot in my mouth in short order.

blumj
01-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Ha, I just googled my name and found out someone who's been famous for years was born with the same name as me.

max venable
01-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Anybody here ever written a book (and had it published)?

Blimpie
01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
I escorted B52s lead singer Fred Schneider around Gainesville, FL for a little while to help him find some good used record stores.

I felt sorry for him after I nearly ran him over in my car while he was jaywalking across University Avenue.

Yachtzee
01-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I escorted B52s lead singer Fred Schneider around Gainesville, FL for a little while to help him find some good used record stores.

I felt sorry for him after I nearly ran him over in my car while he was jaywalking across University Avenue.

He didn't tell you about his "Monster (http://www.theb52s.de/lyrics/lyrics10.htm)," did he? :eek:

Blimpie
01-06-2007, 12:55 PM
He didn't tell you about his "Monster (http://www.theb52s.de/lyrics/lyrics10.htm)," did he? :eek:Nope....but "Love Shack" was the # 1 song in the land on that day, so I don't think he was concentrating on a solo career at the time.

creek14
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm one of five national subject matter experts in what I do.

But since only RZer who really knows what I do is paint, I guess that doesn't make me too famous. :cry:

Chip R
01-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm one of five national subject matter experts in what I do.

But since only RZer who really knows what I do is paint, I guess that doesn't make me too famous. :cry:

Who are the other four experts in Dunnology? ;)

MrCinatit
01-06-2007, 05:48 PM

Yeah, but it was with a really, really, really, really, really, really bad publisher.
Really bad.

Falls City Beer
01-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I've had essays included in book-length anthologies; does that count? I kinda guess not, eh?

Though I have two manuscripts in the hopper as we speak--one very likely to get published; the other, highly doubtful.

oneupper
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM
In Venezuela I was a regular "invite" on TV talk shows about financial/economic topics. Kind of like those talking heads on CNBC taken to a much smaller scale.

When I Google myself I get about 5 pages. Most of it is me...is that what the poll question is about?

I keep a low profile these days...my clients prefer it that way.

RBA
01-06-2007, 11:16 PM
I got one of these yesterday....

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/ima/ribbons/dodmerit.jpg
http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/ima/medals/dmsm.jpg http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/ima/medals/defmeritserv_back.jpg

:D

Chip R
01-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Congratulations, RBA!! Well done.

Javy Pornstache
01-07-2007, 12:42 AM
I am a semi-active professional athlete, but looking to become more active. Have signed autographs.

Have appeared in the local paper over time a few times, and over the Internet in similar stories.

My name is more common than I thought it was... I have a last name common in my geographic region but I wouldn't consider it a nationally common name. First name isn't super popular but not an odd name. Just didn't expect as many in Google results as there were, but I am in the midst often.

I, too, have been a radio DJ, and with a pretty decent listenership at times, though not top in the market or anything like that by any means (does this double up for me speaking in front of a 1000 at a time?)......

......Even if not, I technically have spoken in front of 1000 as that was about the amount of kids in school for an assembly in which I was a finalist in the 5th grade spelling bee. I was eliminated on the first word in the final stage. (it's very cheap of me to include that. Haha. :D).

I was once picked to be on the TV show "Blind Date", though I didn't even aspire to be on it on my own. I was picked out of a group by a colleague with connections to a casting director on that show, who was told to pick one guy and one gal out of a group for a local taping of the show, and I was one selected. I didn't completely realize what the show was about with all the editing they do and "thought bubbles" at that time.

I would like to work on one I haven't had a chance to check off, I'd like to be published, and is something I'm working on, on-again, off-again.

That covers my selections, I reckon.

vaticanplum
01-07-2007, 12:57 AM
RBA was Rich Aurilia and is now Mighty Mouse apparently. I think he wins.

GAC
01-07-2007, 04:45 AM

I read one once. Does that count? :evil:

GAC
01-07-2007, 04:46 AM
In Venezuela I was a regular "invite" on TV talk shows about financial/economic topics. Kind of like those talking heads on CNBC taken to a much smaller scale.

When I Google myself I get about 5 pages. Most of it is me...is that what the poll question is about?

I keep a low profile these days...my clients prefer it that way.

That you Mr Hoffa? :mooner:

RedsBaron
01-07-2007, 06:49 AM

Have you finished coloring all of the pictures?;)

MrCinatit
01-07-2007, 07:23 AM

I once did, too, but those darned pop up pictures kept hitting me in the eyes.

max venable
01-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Okay...camisadelgolf, dabvu2498, Smokin Joe, TeamCasey, you are the ones who checked the box saying that you'd be known for doing something notorious or stupid. Stories, please...

TeamCasey
01-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I spent many adolescent summers on one of the finger lakes. There was a boy scout camp on the other side of the lake. A bunch of us dressed in black and rowed over one night. Not only did we terrorize the scouts by tapping on the sides of the canvas tents and making scratching noises. We also set ALL of their boats, canoes, inner tubes, and the one motor boat loose on the lake.

We knew they could recover everything. It took them all day. We weren't trying to be destructive, but the engine fell off the speed boat somehow and sunk to the bottom of the lake. Oooops.

Yachtzee
01-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I spent many adolescent summers on one of the finger lakes. There was a boy scout camp on the other side of the lake. A bunch of us dressed in black and rowed over one night. Not only did we terrorize the scouts by tapping on the sides of the canvas tents and making scratching noises. We also set ALL of their boats, canoes, inner tubes, and the one motor boat loose on the lake.

We knew they could recover everything. It took them all day. We weren't trying to be destructive, but the engine fell off the speed boat somehow and sunk to the bottom of the lake. Oooops.

Which lake? My in-laws live in Bath, just south of Keuka Lake.

TeamCasey
01-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Waneta

paintmered
01-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm first on a Google search for my name. But in all fairness, there is only one other person in the world that shares my name that I know of. He gets a few hits too.

savafan
01-08-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm well known, but I don't think I'd say famous. I was very famous in my hometown of Piqua for a time back when I was named one of the top 25 poets in the world under the age of 25. I've been published all over the place, and have signed autographs both for my writing as well as for fans of my acting.

I'm also notorious for several things in my past, most notably for something that occurred involving hacking back when I was in high school in the early days of the internet, or what were called BBSs at the time.

GAC
01-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Have you finished coloring all of the pictures?;)

First things first.... I'm still trying to connect all the dots!! :mooner:

registerthis
01-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I signed a woman's chest once, when my band opened for Def Leppard. :cool:

thatcoolguy_22
02-17-2007, 05:47 PM
I was in a band in college and we were apart of a few local shows that had well over a thousand people there.

2 poems of mine have been published.

In newspaper in highschool because of soccer and baseball.

I forgot to put i signed an autograph. A couple of fans bought our cd and thought we were going somewhere with our "musical talent" (or lack there of)...

I can't think of anything else atm but I can assure you no one knows me outside of friends and family.

GAC
02-18-2007, 04:55 AM
I spent many adolescent summers on one of the finger lakes. There was a boy scout camp on the other side of the lake. A bunch of us dressed in black and rowed over one night. Not only did we terrorize the scouts by tapping on the sides of the canvas tents and making scratching noises.

Oh, you said "scratching" noises. I mis-read that bein that it involved girl scouts. :mooner:

redsmetz
02-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Well this was surprising:

2 I wrote an article for a magazine (it was pretty cool to see a bylaw with my name on it! Plus I had a poem published in a collection of poetry when I was a teenager. Numerous letters to the editor.

3 My name popped up 5th which surprised me.

4 See two above, first item

5 The Cincinnati Business Courier did a story on my business; I was mentioned in a brief blurb in City Beat magazine.

8 I used to go to some conferences from time to time where folks from our church used to do presentations. I'm sure one or another had at least 1000+ folks (I even did a "Germany tour" speaking about three times while was visited my brother finishing up his studies there - that was fun working with a translator!).

Side note: Number one should have happened. I developed my signature for it, but I never became truly famous. Now I just use it as a Notary.

GAC
02-18-2007, 07:01 AM
It has to be minor league phenom Jim Coombs. I can't believe his name has not even been mentioned.

WebScorpion
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM
My security clearance forbids me from answering any of these questions. In fact, I probably shouldn't even have told you that. I am the LEAST famous person in RedsZone...I don't even exist. No one has ever met me, or spoken to me. Nobody lives at my address or answers my phone. I'm not sure exactly how it happened but...I do have one friend. Just one. He has seen me and knows how to contact me. You will find a picture of 'the official' me in the RedsZone Gallery, and that's what I look like when I want to look like that...but most of the time I look different. ;)

BoydsOfSummer
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
I know who you are.

Colonel Flagg.

RichRed
02-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I know who you are.

Colonel Flagg.

AKA "The Wind."

GAC
02-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Who works for the CIA, the CIC, and the CID. ;)

DBRtheYankee
02-21-2007, 11:19 PM
I played JUCO baseball for 2 years and it was on local TV. Thats the extent of me being famous.... lol