PDA

View Full Version : LAA/CIN Trade Proposal

Newman4
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Reds Get: SP Ervin Santana and OF Garret Anderson

Angels Get: SP Eric Milton and OF Adam Dunn

Reds take on Anderson's huge contract but actually save money overall by getting rid of Milton's $$$. Reds get 24 yr. old starter with 16 wins last year and .700 something OPS Against. Angels get complement to Vlad's RH bat in Dunn.

mth123
01-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Reds Get: SP Ervin Santana and OF Garret Anderson

Angels Get: SP Eric Milton and OF Adam Dunn

Reds take on Anderson's huge contract but actually save money overall by getting rid of Milton's $$$. Reds get 24 yr. old starter with 16 wins last year and .700 something OPS Against. Angels get complement to Vlad's RH bat in Dunn.

While I think that this is way more creative than anything the Reds have done in a while, I don't trade Dunn unless I'm overwhelmed. I like Santana and would certainly take him in the right deal, but he doesn't overwhelm me. Anderson is a negatgive IMO (but I guess Milton is too so getting rid of him may cancel this out).

I'd pass.

Redhook
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd do it if Garret Anderson was 5 years younger.

BigRed
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't think that the Angels or anyone will take on Milton and will not part with Santana without asking for one of our better prospects such as Votto, Cueto, Bruce, or Wood. If you make this trade, we have no one with any pop in our lineup. I don't see this working out. Anderson doesn't cut it, there would have to be a mix of another top pitching prospect or a possible closer coming our way or I don't do it.

Degenerate39
01-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I hate it I want to keep Dunn.

flyer85
01-07-2007, 12:04 AM
ugh.

The fact that Santana is an extreme flyball pitcher scares the heck out of me and Anderson is finished.

Krusty
01-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Rather send Dunn to LA Dodgers for RHP John Broxton and OF Andre Either.

fewfirstchoice
01-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I have a feeling Wayne-O is up to something.Been way to quiet around the Reds.I think you will see a Reds trade happen shortly.

Chip R
01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd do it if Garret Anderson was 5 years younger.

Well, now you're just tempting Wayne to get him.

toledodan
01-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, now you're just tempting Wayne to get him.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :lastyear:

Jpup
01-07-2007, 06:11 AM
no deal.

Krusty
01-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a feeling Wayne-O is up to something.Been way to quiet around the Reds.I think you will see a Reds trade happen shortly.

I think he waits till spring training to see what he has. Actually it is easier to make trades after you see firsthand where you might have a hole in the roster during spring training.

Kc61
01-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I think he waits till spring training to see what he has. Actually it is easier to make trades after you see firsthand where you might have a hole in the roster during spring training.

Spring training is not a typical time for big trades. Happens once in awhile, not often. Main focus in spring training is cutting down rosters, occasionally a waiver pick up of a cut player, not making trades. The season for player movement is drawing to a close in the next couple of weeks.

Krivsky says he is pitching and defense focused. We are in January and, so far, the only major league pitcher added this off-season is Mike Stanton. Who is essentially a replacement for Mercker/Schoenweis.

camisadelgolf
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
According to baseball-reference.com, Jeff Conine is Garret Anderson's eight-most similar batter.

On a side note, I think one of the moderators needs to create a "Adam-Dunn-for-Ervin-Santana" forum--it seems like one of these threads is started every day.

Newman4
01-07-2007, 10:05 PM
According to baseball-reference.com, Jeff Conine is Garret Anderson's eight-most similar batter.

On a side note, I think one of the moderators needs to create a "Adam-Dunn-for-Ervin-Santana" forum--it seems like one of these threads is started every day.

Kirby Puckett is #6 most similar :rolleyes:

I have no clue have they come up with those rankings. But, they don't get you very far.

As far as the Dunn/Santana forum, I guess a missed the plethora of posts on this subject. Hmmm.

MississippiRed
01-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Rather send Dunn to LA Dodgers for RHP John Broxton and OF Andre Either.

I don't know much about Broxton, but am willing to trust Krusty on him. I love Ethier, though. I think he will be a very good player for a long time.

BoilerBC11
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd much rather have Adenhart and Aybar, if were gonna be trading with the Angels...

What do you think it would take to pick up these players??