PDA

View Full Version : Winter Caravan

scounts22
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I know the dates and locations are out, but do we know who will be appearing at each location? I haven't heard anything, didn't know if I missed it or if the info hasn't been released yet.

indyred
01-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Where are the dates and locations posted? I looked all over the Reds website on MLB.com a couple days ago for it and didn't see it. I hope they come to the Louisville Slugger museum again. It would be nice to know what player's are involved.

jmac
01-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Where are the dates and locations posted? I looked all over the Reds website on MLB.com a couple days ago for it and didn't see it. I hope they come to the Louisville Slugger museum again. It would be nice to know what player's are involved.

I dont have the exact dates but I think it is around the 28th.
As far as who....dont know but remember last year....I recall Josh Hancock , Luke Hudson and Dave Williams to name a few.

Shaknb8k
01-09-2007, 11:51 PM
The dates were listed at RedsFest but i dont remember any of them except that they are coming to Charleston, WV but im not sure when.

upsman
01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4169&d=1165108489

scounts22
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM

I thought I saw it posted online, but now I can't find it. They did have it at Redsfest too, maybe that's the only place I saw it. I guess they haven't released information about it yet, must still be too early.

RadioWink
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
My AM in Cynthiana is hosting the caravan on 1/26 from 11-1. Guests are: Marty, Wayne, John Allen, Brandon Phillips and the Minor League Player of the Year (to be announced 1/24).

Shaknb8k
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
In the past years have they had a southern and northern leg of the winter caravan? And if they have do the same people for the most part stay on that leg of the tour. I hope its true cause i would love to meet Phillips and Krivsky.

redsmetz
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
In searching the Reds sight, they announced the Caravan dates around now in 2005, but much later in the month last year (perhaps due to the ownership change). I would think the dates will be forthcoming shortly.

Reds Fanatic
01-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Here is some more info on this years caravan. This includes hours and radio stations covering the caravan.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/fan_forum/caravan2007.jsp

The 2007 CINCINNATI REDS WINTER CARAVAN will make 26 stops in 21 cities
in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana!
NORTHERN LEG | SOUTHERN LEG | LOCAL RADIO INFO

The 2007 Reds Winter Caravan, sponsored by Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network, is scheduled to make 26 stops in 21 cities and towns in four states covering four days and 1,300 miles. The caravan kicks off Thursday, January 25 and will include 13 fan stops that will be open to the public, 12 Hot Stove stops at Reds on Radio affiliates, a field renovation dedication in Louisville and a visit to Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington.

The 2007 tour will consist of two separate caravans touring simultaneously. The 13 stops open to the public will be free, and at each stop the Reds will raffle off 2 tickets to the 2007 Opening Day game against the Chicago Cubs.

Already scheduled to appear in stops on the Northern Leg are manager Jerry Narron, pitcher Todd Coffey, outfielder Chris Dickerson, new Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman and senior vice president of business operations Phil Castellini. The Southern Leg group includes general manager Wayne Krivsky, executive vice president and chief operating officer John Allen, Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman, infielder Brandon Phillips and the organizationís Minor League Player of the Year, which will be announced at the LaSalle High School Stag on January 24.

NORTHERN LEG FAN STOPS (free and open to the public)
DATE LOCATION TIME
Thursday, January 25 Columbus (OH), Flannagan's Dublin 7:00 to 9:00
Friday, January 26 Marion (OH), BW3s 10:00 to 11:00
Findlay (OH), Fricker's Noon to 2:00
Lima (OH), Lima Mall 6:00 to 8:00
Saturday, January 27 Muncie (IN), Damon's 3:30 to 5:30
Indianapolis (IN), location TBA 7:00 to 9:00
Sunday, January 28 Dayton (OH), Fricker's in West Carrollton Noon to 2:00 p.m.

SOUTHERN LEG FAN STOPS (free and open to the public)
DATE LOCATION TIME
Thursday, January 25 Louisville (KY), Shawnee Park field renovation ceremony 5:00 to 5:30
Louisville (KY), Louisville Slugger Museum 7:00 to 9:00
Friday, January 26 Cynthiana (KY), Cynthiana Country Club 11:00 to 1:00
Lexington (KY), Shriners Hospital for Children 2:00 to 3:00
Lexington (KY), Beaumont Centre Family YMCA 5:00 to 7:00
Saturday, January 27 South Point (OH), Big Sandy Superstore 2:00 to 3:00
Huntington (WV), Huntington Mall 4:00 to 6:00
Sunday, January 28 Ashland (KY), Ashland Town Center Noon to 2:00 p.m.

LISTEN TO THE REDS WINTER CARAVAN LIVE ON LOCAL RADIO
DATE LEG, LOCATION, STATION TIME
Thursday, January 25 Southern, Batesville (IN), WRBI Radio, 103.9 FM 11:00 to noon
Northern, Hillsboro (OH), WSRW Radio, 1590 AM 11:30 to 12:30
Southern, Madison (IN), WXGO Radio, 1270 AM 1:30 to 2:30
Northern, Chillicothe (OH), WBEX Radio, 1490 AM 2:00 to 3:00
Southern, Louisville (KY), WKRD Radio, Extra Sports 790 AM 3:30 to 4:30
Northern, Washington Court House (OH), WCHO Radio, 1250 AM 4:00 to 5:00
Friday, January 26 Northern, Marion (OH), WMRN Radio, 106.9 FM 10:00 to 11:00
Southern, Cynthiana (KY), WCYN Radio, 1400 AM 11:00 to 1:00
Northern, Findlay (OH), WBVI Radio, 96.7 FM Noon to 2:00
Southern, Lexington (KY), WLAP Radio, 1580 AM 3:15 to 4:30
Northern, Lima (OH), WIMA Radio, 1150 AM 4:00 to 5:00
Southern, Lexington (KY), WBUL Radio, 98.1 FM 5:00 to 7:00
Saturday, January 27 Northern, Celina (OH), WKKI Radio, 94.3 FM 11:00 to Noon
Southern, Grayson (KY), WUGO Radio, 102.3 FM Noon to 1:00
Northern, Portland (IN), WPGW Radio, 1440 AM/100.9 FM 1:30 to 2:30
Southern, South Point (OH), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WTCR 103.3 FM 2:00 to 3:00
Northern, Muncie (IN), 1340 ESPN Radio, 1340 AM 3:30 to 5:30
Southern, Huntington (WV), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WKEE 100 FM 4:00 to 6:00
Sunday, January 28 Northern, Dayton (OH), WONE Radio, 980 AM Noon to 2:00
Southern, Ashland (KY), WVHU 800/WIRO 1230/WZZW 1600/WKEE 100 FM Noon to 2:00

Shaknb8k
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Look like ill be making my way to Huntington....Im excited about it....Is there any question who the minor league player of the year?

TOBTTReds
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Look like ill be making my way to Huntington....Im excited about it....Is there any question who the minor league player of the year?

It will be a circus if Homer is there.

FutureRedsGM
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Can someone who has been to this before let me know what goes on there? Is it worth going to? I might attend the Louisville SLugger one.

justincredible
01-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Sweet. I live about 3 miles from the Indy location.

I've also never been to one before so I will definitely check this out.

maniem
01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Sweet. I live about 3 miles from the Indy location.

I've also never been to one before so I will definitely check this out.

Justincredible, I live in Fishers also. Where is the address of the Indy location? I couldn't find it anywhere. I would also like to check this out for the first time.

justincredible
01-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Justincredible, I live in Fishers also. Where is the address of the Indy location? I couldn't find it anywhere. I would also like to check this out for the first time.

Look at that first link up in this thread. The poster it shows has Pinheads as the location. A guy I work with said that it was at Pinheads last year too.

What part of Fishers are you in?

maniem
01-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Look at that first link up in this thread. The poster it shows has Pinheads as the location. A guy I work with said that it was at Pinheads last year too.

Very nice, cool place to have it. I might check it out this year. I live really close to Conner Prairie. You?

justincredible
01-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Very nice, cool place to have it. I might check it out this year. I live really close to Conner Prairie. You?

I think I've heard of Conner Prairie. I live kinda back in the subdivisions behind the Marsh at 146th.

RadioWink
01-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Just got word that Chris Sabo will join the Southern Leg of the Caravan.

justincredible
01-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Just got word that Chris Sabo will join the Southern Leg of the Caravan.

Dang. Unfortunately I am in the Northern leg. :thumbdown

Degenerate39
01-15-2007, 07:16 PM
From CincinnatiReds.com

Reds announce Caravan schedule
Growing tour set to visit 21 cities across four states in January
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- Four states, 26 stops, 21 cities, four days and 1,300 miles.
Plus, a whole lot of Reds-related conversation -- quite possibly at a town near you.

That's the ambitious itinerary for the 2007 edition of the Reds Winter Caravan, sponsored by the Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network, which has been expanded and will cover more territory in the region than in recent years.

Set to roll from Jan. 25-28, a pair of simultaneous trips will each include 13 fan stops that are free and open to the public, plus 12 Hot Stove stops with Reds radio affiliates.

By comparison, the 2006 Caravan made eight stops and covered 1,165 miles. This is the 11th consecutive year the Reds have held a Caravan trip for their fans.

Fans in the outer edges of the area who might have migrated to the Indians, Cubs or Braves, the Reds will be looking to see you on this year's caravan.

"We're doubling it," senior vice president of business operations Phil Castellini said. "Our approach is that this team is in a small market but has been a regional team. Our goal is to get back into the region and draw fans back to the Reds."

The Northern leg of the Reds Winter Caravan will include manager Jerry Narron, reliever Todd Coffey, outfielder Chris Dickerson, new broadcaster Thom Brennaman, Reds Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Browning and Castellini.

Among the stops on the northern leg are Columbus, Marion, Findlay and Dayton in Ohio and Indianapolis and Muncie in Indiana.

On the Southern leg will be general manager Wayne Krivsky, second baseman Brandon Phillips, 1990 World Series hero Chris Sabo, Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman and chief operating officer John Allen.

The group headed south will pass through Louisville, Cynthiana and Lexington in Kentucky and Huntington in West Virginia among other places. This trip will also feature a youth field renovation dedication in Louisville and a visit to Shriners Hospital for Children in Lexington.

At each stop, the Reds will raffle off a pair of tickets to 2007 Opening Day against the Cubs. The groups will field questions from fans, sign autographs and pose for photographs. Sales representatives will be on hand to discuss season tickets and group sales. The Reds Hall of Fame and Museum and Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network will display exhibits.

More caravan participants will be announced next week.

Shaknb8k
01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Couple Questions..... Will the people @ the winter caravan sign anything that you bring? Or how exactly does it work? If so what in the world should i get John Allen to sign or should i just go with a picture?

harangatang
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I've never been before and I plan on going this year, does anyone have any advice on going? Any restrictions?

AccordinglyReds
01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
As for the two above posted questions, I have never gone, however my grandfather went when it was in Louisville maybe four or so years back, when Austin Kearns was there. He gave me two 8.5" x 11" sheets with players names and open space for the players' autographs. So basically everyone who was at the Southern Leg trip, you can get autographs from. These sheets must have been handed out, or a fee was paid. That I don't know. I would hope that the players would sign anything Reds related, but I'm not sure.

I know this doesn't help tremendously, but I thought it was some insight. ;)

I'm hoping to make it to the Lexington stop at 5pm-7pm, however, I'd rather go to the Louisville Slugger stop, but my school schedule does not permit me. :(

harangatang
01-18-2007, 03:36 AM
As for the two above posted questions, I have never gone, however my grandfather went when it was in Louisville maybe four or so years back, when Austin Kearns was there. He gave me two 8.5" x 11" sheets with players names and open space for the players' autographs. So basically everyone who was at the Southern Leg trip, you can get autographs from. These sheets must have been handed out, or a fee was paid. That I don't know. I would hope that the players would sign anything Reds related, but I'm not sure.

I know this doesn't help tremendously, but I thought it was some insight. ;)

I hoping to make it to the Lexington stop at 5pm-7pm, however, I'd rather go to the Louisville Slugger stop, but my school schedule does not permit me. :(Thanks alot.

AccordinglyReds
01-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks alot.
No problem. I wish I had some more information myself.

RadioWink
01-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Thought those of you stuck at work during the Caravan might want to log onto mlb.com. They contacted me today about streaming our station's audio of the Caravan stop in Cynthiana, KY on Friday (1/26) from 11-1pm. I gladly accepted! Not sure if any of the other stops are streaming over mlb.com.

indyred
01-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I went to the stop last year in Louisville. I highly suggest you bring your own stuff to get signed. The reds weren't selling any merchandise last year. They basically just handed out flyer's on there different ticket promotions. So go prepared with your own pictures/balls/bats or whatever you want to get signed.

Reds Fanatic
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Thought those of you stuck at work during the Caravan might want to log onto mlb.com. They contacted me today about streaming our station's audio of the Caravan stop in Cynthiana, KY on Friday (1/26) from 11-1pm. I gladly accepted! Not sure if any of the other stops are streaming over mlb.com.

From 2 to 3 today you can listen to the Chillicothe caravan stop at this page.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/fan_forum/caravan2007.jsp

indyred
01-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Any news for this seasons caravan?

Moosie52
01-03-2008, 11:02 AM

Last year it was at Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria in Greenwood on the southside of Indy.

redsfanmia
01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Last year it was at Jonathan Byrd's Cafeteria in Greenwood on the southside of Indy.

It was also at Pinheads in fishers.

scounts22
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Saw this posted on ORG, the 2008 schedule!

http://www.redszone.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5165&d=1199917216

mroby85
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
do they plan on announcing which players are at which locations? that could make a big difference as to whether it's worth making the trip or not.

scounts22
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
do they plan on announcing which players are at which locations? that could make a big difference as to whether it's worth making the trip or not.

Northern Leg: Krivsky, Brandon Phillips, Todd Coffey, Tom Browning, Marty Brennaman, and Gapper.

Southern Leg: Dusty Baker, Ryan Freel, Jay Bruce, Thom Brennaman, Jeff Brantley, Phil Castellini, and Mr. Redlegs.

wlf WV
01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Would you go ,or have you gone?

mroby85
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
so phillips would be in Lima?

scounts22
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Would you go ,or have you gone?

I've gone before, and I would go again. I've never been able to make it at the start of the event, but it's an easy way to get an autograph if that's what you're looking for. I think they also have a Q & A session and things of that nature. The link I posted before probably provides that kind of information.

so phillips would be in Lima?

Yep.

donnelly_31
01-20-2008, 12:37 AM
I would definitely recommend going.....in particular to the columbus one at flanagans. A couple years back Kent Mercker stuck around and bought beers for people. I actually had a conversation about steroids in baseball with him..........more interesting now that the mitchell report has been released

ABEsolutely
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
We went to the southern leg of the Caravan tonight.
Just a goofy bit--Freel and I were telling some "fan" that Freel was Mr Redlegs. The guy said, "Are you someone I should know?" So I put the Mr Redlegs table tent in front of Freel as he said "I'm Mr Redlegs." Then he made fun of his Steelers jacket as he walked away. Freel's a funny dude.
Oh, and he loved our fish's name--Freel. Then he freaked out when we told him he's dead...
Brantley definitely wanted out of there. Thom was great. Jay Bruce wasn't the most comfortable. But he liked it when I told him I looked forward to seeing him in the Reds outfield for a bunch of years.
Great time though. I hope they come back to the area again

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
It has to be weird for the new guys

redsfan1966
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Flannagan's in Dublin (Northern Leg) was as the kids say "off the hook" tonight...What a blast....at least 700 (according to Flannagan's owner--I think there was many more)attended....Marty B was in rare form from ragging on Kyle Lohse to razzing a fan who referenced the Cubs to stating emphatically that the Indians should be ashamed for getting rid of Brandon Phillips. One uncomfortable moment was when Marty stated that no other "freaking current player except for Ken Griffey Jr." attended Joe Nuxhall's viewing--with Brandon sitting two chairs to his right. But all in all it was great fun, even though getting any type of interesting answer from Wayne Krivsky was like pulling teeth. The boys stayed 45 minutes past the ending time to make sure everyone got autographs and pix. Major props to all involved--including Flannagan's itself. Also, shout out to Wheels---it was cool seeing you again.

DTCromer
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Flannagan's in Dublin (Northern Leg) was as the kids say "off the hook" tonight...What a blast....at least 700 (according to Flannagan's owner--I think there was many more)attended....Marty B was in rare form from ragging on Kyle Lohse to razzing a fan who referenced the Cubs to stating emphatically that the Indians should be ashamed for getting rid of Brandon Phillips. One uncomfortable moment was when Marty stated that no other "freaking current player except for Ken Griffey Jr." attended Joe Nuxhall's viewing--with Brandon sitting two chairs to his right. But all in all it was great fun, even though getting any type of interesting answer from Wayne Krivsky was like pulling teeth. The boys stayed 45 minutes past the ending time to make sure everyone got autographs and pix. Major props to all involved--including Flannagan's itself. Also, shout out to Wheels---it was cool seeing you again.

Brandon was in Cincy for like 1.5 years with Joe. There are many other Reds leaders on this team who have been with the franchise much longer that I'm disappointed in not being at his funeral.

redsfan1966
01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
good point DT---more I think about it--the comment was probably directed to an Adam Dunn or Ryan Freel more than Brandon...

Bip Roberts
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Brandon was in Cincy for like 1.5 years with Joe. There are many other Reds leaders on this team who have been with the franchise much longer that I'm disappointed in not being at his funeral.

Joe wasnt around that much since like 04

reds2221
01-25-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm going to the huntington stop tonight. It'll be my first time going and i can't wait!

robmadden1
01-25-2008, 12:22 PM
WBVI's web stream sucks too much noise in it. Sound like they got a radio up to a mic and its out of tune. I hope its just listenable enough for the caravan. I hope they broadcast it over the web.

mroby85
01-26-2008, 01:39 AM
We went to the one in Lima tonight, very good time, got autographs of BP, Browning, and Marty. It was in kind of a rush due to the crowd which was very large.
I asked Krivsky if they'll get Bedard, which i didn't expect any kind of answer, just making conversation, he said "probably not" because they would have to give up way too much to get him. Phillips was yet again very personable, and Marty didn't seem to be in the best mood, but thats what makes him great, lol. Overall, a good time.

donnelly_31
01-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Anyone know why Todd Coffey wasn't at the Columbus stop? Did he get reassigned to the Riverbats or Lookouts winter caravan where he belongs

redsfan1966
01-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I was told by a member of the Reds staff during the Caravan at Flannagans that Todd's wife became ill and he had to attend to her. Must admit I do agree with your assessment of where he belongs, donnelly....

redsfan1966
01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Caravan pix from the first two days are on reds.com....

shredda2000
01-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I was told by a member of the Reds staff during the Caravan at Flannagans that Todd's wife became ill and he had to attend to her. Must admit I do agree with your assessment of where he belongs, donnelly....

His wife had an emergency appendectomy (per another thread)

mroby85
01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
lucky for us, it wasn't brandon phillips ;)