PDA

View Full Version : Based on the HOF voting, who's the best player?

Handofdeath
01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Davey Concepcion got 74 votes. Dave Parker got 62. I still think that Parker was the superior player.

George Anderson
01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Davey Concepcion got 74 votes. Dave Parker got 62. I still think that Parker was the superior player.

If you look also Concepcion received one more vote than Alan Trammell. I'm a big Davey fan but Trammell to me is more deserving.

Handofdeath
01-09-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry but they have got to change the voting. The writers look like bigger morons every year.

Team Clark
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry but they have got to change the voting. The writers look like bigger morons every year.

I agree. I looked at the bottom of the list and it really gets under my skin to see Tony Fernandez, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti and Bobby Bo getting votes. C'Mon. I just hope those votes are not taking away from more deserving players.

Yachtzee
01-09-2007, 04:24 PM

I don't think Parker would have gotten to nearly as many hit to the hole at short.

Bigredfan#1
01-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Parker's drug problem costs him. Davy just happened to play in Smith's era and it took a little of the shine off of his defensive ability, but I believe he should be in.

Handofdeath
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think Parker would have gotten to nearly as many hit to the hole at short.

And if Concepcion had attempted to make those two throws Parker made in the 79 All Star Game I would have had the over/under on bounces at about 25.

Yachtzee
01-09-2007, 04:45 PM
And if Concepcion had attempted to make those two throws Parker made in the 79 All Star Game I would have had the over/under on bounces at about 25.

Of course, if Parker made the throw from SS to 1B with his cannon, he'd probably plant the first baseman into the first row of seats. :)

tomd63
01-11-2007, 07:18 AM
I agree. I looked at the bottom of the list and it really gets under my skin to see Tony Fernandez, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti and Bobby Bo getting votes. C'Mon. I just hope those votes are not taking away from more deserving players.

I'd always heard that these votes are usually given to players by the beat writers who covered them in appreciation for their past cooperation. I don't think it affects the overall vote, they are just tacked on in additiion to who they think belongs in the HOF.