PDA

View Full Version : Brewers Agree to Terms with Balfour

Ltlabner
01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Apparently Dan'O still has a man-crush on ole Grant Balfour. That or Grant has naked pictures of OBrien.

Brewers agreed to terms with RHP Grant Balfour on a one-year, $415,000 contract.

Balfour has pitched just 68 innings as a major leaguer, but he was arbitration eligible. The right-hander underwent Tommy John surgery in 2005 and later had tears in his labrum and rotator cuff repaired. It seems unlikely that his old stuff will ever return, but the Brewers are hoping he still has some potential as a reliever. He'll open the season in the minors.

Story from rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=3306)

Heath
01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Apparently Dan'O still has a man-crush on ole Grant Balfour. That or Grant has naked pictures of OBrien.

Brewers agreed to terms with RHP Grant Balfour on a one-year, $415,000 contract.

Balfour has pitched just 68 innings as a major leaguer, but he was arbitration eligible. The right-hander underwent Tommy John surgery in 2005 and later had tears in his labrum and rotator cuff repaired. It seems unlikely that his old stuff will ever return, but the Brewers are hoping he still has some potential as a reliever. He'll open the season in the minors

Story from rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=3306)

By the way, inside sources have said that the Reds finished second in the running for Balfour. Rotoworld.com was ready to release the following.

-The Reds are really smoking some wacky weed again. $415k for a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years. Who is really running the insane asylum at Redleg HQ? This guy is perfect for a role in Major League since Balfour didn't even have a prime. Wayne Krivsky needs the car keys taken away by Uncle Bob.

:rolleyes:

Bigredfan#1
01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
One thing about Balfour, if he could get healthy he was a power pitcher, he could have helped the bullpen and of course that is a big if!!

Tom Servo
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
They also have Joe Valentine if memory serves correct, so DanO's definatly got some pull in Milwaukee. I'm just suprised DanO hasn't got Jason Romano or Anderson Machado jobs with the Brewers though.

forfreelin04
01-13-2007, 11:11 PM
By the way, inside sources have said that the Reds finished second in the running for Balfour. Rotoworld.com was ready to release the following.

-The Reds are really smoking some wacky weed again. $415k for a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years. Who is really running the insane asylum at Redleg HQ? This guy is perfect for a role in Major League since Balfour didn't even have a prime. Wayne Krivsky needs the car keys taken away by Uncle Bob.

:rolleyes:

I think Wayne K has naked pictures of Rotoworld's mother judging by the resentment for the last 6 months.

TOBTTReds
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I got to catch a bullpen session for Balfour today. Coming off of TJ and two shoulder surgeries, he still pumps it in pretty good. He has a great fluid motion and was around 88 today. I think he could throw 80 mph+ standing flat footed.

He talked a bit about before his surgeries he could throw 95 or so with little effort. I believed it after I saw him throw. His curve is nasty as well. Nice guy, and I wish him luck with the Brews.

Always Red
02-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, good luck to Balfour, we hardly knew ye.

I wish someone would pay me to rehab full-time...

redsmetz
02-03-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought the Brewers picked him up ages ago (a couple of months?).

TOBTTReds
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Few weeks ago.