PDA

View Full Version : A trade and a free agent signing I would look at,maybe

fewfirstchoice
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
If I were Mr. K. I would look to trade Lohse to the Cubs for J.Jones.Then I would sign V. Zambrano(spelling).This would give us a great offensive OF but it would still lack defensive ability.
1)Harang
2)Arroyo
3)Milton
4)Zambrano
5)Bailey or free agent siging or trade for a player.I believe this would make the Reds a better team than they are now for sure.The Cubs want a starter fror Jones and I think Lohse would be enough,plus their dollars will about equal out.Zambrano will probably cost 2-3 million to sign but I think he could be worth it for sure.I would also like to see the Reds trade for Lieber.I think he could be had for a reasonable price.Maybe Coffey and Salamon would do it?I think it would.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-15-2007, 01:41 AM
5)Bailey or free agent siging or trade for a player.I believe this would make the Reds a better team than they are now for sure.The Cubs want a starter fror Jones and I think Lohse would be enough,plus their dollars will about equal out.Zambrano will probably cost 2-3 million to sign but I think he could be worth it for sure.I would also like to see the Reds trade for Lieber.I think he could be had for a reasonable price.Maybe Coffey and Salamon would do it?I think it would.

What about The Lizard? Why does almost everyone count him out? I honestly believe that he will be a SOLID 4 or 5 starter in the coming years for the Reds.

Topcat
01-15-2007, 02:18 AM
If I were Mr. K. I would look to trade Lohse to the Cubs for J.Jones.Then I would sign V. Zambrano(spelling).This would give us a great offensive OF but it would still lack defensive ability.
1)Harang
2)Arroyo
3)Milton
4)Zambrano

Jaque Jones is a huge steaming pile of garbage and his contract is "miltonesque"

Jpup
01-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Where would Jones play?

Natty Redlocks
01-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Jacque Jones is a huge steaming pile of garbage and his contract is "miltonesque"

I'd take Jones --who would happily play RF and stay healthy -- over, say, Ken Griffey Jr. any day at this point. And his contract isn't bad at all for this market.

Sorry for any confusion.

redsmetz
01-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Fixed. I'll take Jones --who would happily play RF and stay healthy -- over Tinkerbell any day at this point.

Just a question of fairness here - is it appropriate to show something as a quote which has been altered as you have done? It's one thing to take the statement and rephrase in your response, but your use of the Quote box makes it look like Topcat said this.

Natty Redlocks
01-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Just a question of fairness here - is it appropriate to show something as a quote which has been altered as you have done? It's one thing to take the statement and rephrase in your response, but your use of the Quote box makes it look like Topcat said this.

You're right; I apologize.

BEETTLEBUG
01-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Would the Cubs take Loshe for Jaque Jones? He is a lefty we need a righty but what then do they trade Freel?

Highlifeman21
01-15-2007, 10:02 AM
What about The Lizard? Why does almost everyone count him out? I honestly believe that he will be a SOLID 4 or 5 starter in the coming years for the Reds.

Define "solid".

Sean_CaseyRules
01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
A solid 4 or 5 starter to me, is someone who can go out there and give us a real legitimate chance to win that day. Not like how the 4-5 starterrs have been for us in the last couple years, we could almost mark a loss on that 4th and 5th day. I believe that he will be a pretty good pitcher for his role with the team.

flyer85
01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Reds need a RH power bat, not a very questionable LH one.

Heath
01-15-2007, 01:28 PM
The only thing Jones has going for him is that he's an ex-Twin.

But he's still not worth it.

Doc. Scott
01-15-2007, 02:25 PM
The Cubs aren't trading Jones for Lohse. Jacque had a decent year in 2006 and his contract isn't out of line for the market any more. And they don't really have anyone else to start in their OF.

Signing Victor Zambrano is an NRI sort of thing, not a move with a lot more upside than bringing Paul Wilson back.

fewfirstchoice
01-15-2007, 03:33 PM
The Cubs are just looking to unload Jones contract so they can sign Cliff Floyd.Im willing to bet they would trade Jones for Lohse.It would free up about 3 mil to sign Floyd with.

Heath
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
The Cubs are just looking to unload Jones contract so they can sign Cliff Floyd.Im willing to bet they would trade Jones for Lohse.It would free up about 3 mil to sign Floyd with.

Great. Glad that the Cubs want to unload Jones. Just don't do it in Cincinnati.

IslandRed
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Didn't Zambrano destroy his elbow and have Tommy John surgery last May? There's no guarantee he'll even be able to pitch when the season starts, and he wasn't all that great before he started hurting anyway. I could see signing him to a NRI but we shouldn't make plans around him holding down a rotation spot.