PDA

View Full Version : It's official - C.Trent the new Redlegs beat writer.

Heath
01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Here's the latest from C.Trent - first blog with his picture.

More on Ross

If you could just avoid looking to the left and seeing that monstrosity (I mean, really. I know I'm not an attractive man, but good God, I'm not that hideous. Honest).

Anyway, talked to both David Ross and Wayne Krivsky and both are understandably happy about the deal. Ross was in Cincinnati today for his physical and all that jazz before heading back home to Florida tomorrow.

with the two-year deal, Ross said he feels like he's found a home here in Cincinnati.

"I really love it here," Ross said. "After being in L.A. a long period of time, I then bounced around in '05. It's good to have a home, to feel like I have a home. It'’s a good feeling in this city. People really welcomed me here."

With the move, the Reds avoided arbitration with Ross, which pleased Krivsky.

The Reds still have two arbitration-eligible players -- Aaron Harang and Kyle Lohse. Teams and agents must exchange arbitration numbers by noon tomorrow. Krivsky said he's had "open communication" with both players and their agents.

# And, well, if you're still here even though that thing to your left is scaring off the ladies and small children, you can be guaranteed to not see that in person in Indianapolis, even though the Reds recently announced a Winter Caravan stop there. Reds manager Jerry Narron, pitcher Todd Coffey, outfielder Chris Dickerson, Reds Hall of Fame pitcher Tom Browning, new Reds broadcaster Thom Brennaman and senior vice president of business operations Phil Castellini will be on that stop, at Jonathan Byrd'’s Cafeteria in Greenwood, Indiana (just south of Indianapolis) on Saturday, January 27 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Here's the new man in the Photo.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/blogphotos/rosecrans_160x464.jpg

Hey, Trent, stop in and say hi.

paintmered
01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Trent did a remarkable job covering the Bearcats. Do yourself a favor and bookmark his page sooner than later.

reds44
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm going to miss Marc. I'll take everyone's word that he did a great job with the Bearcats, and I look foward to reading his stuff.

Joseph
01-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure he'll do a fine job as long as he writes the occasional article for the established fan once in a while.

Blimpie
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey, Trent, stop in and say hi.I was thinking: "Hey Trent, how about getting a coat that fits you..."

Reds4Life
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Trent did a remarkable job covering the Bearcats. Do yourself a favor and bookmark his page sooner than later.

Indeed, his UC blog was outstanding. I remember him reporting on the blog, from the shoe, after the South Carolina game when Cronin was hired. Nobody else had that info that fast, he was the first to report it from what I remember.

westofyou
01-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm going to miss Marc. I'll take everyone's word that he did a great job with the Bearcats, and I look foward to reading his stuff.

I miss Jeff Horrigan, Marc too, but Jeff was really good as well.

Caveat Emperor
01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Anyone who wears black Chucks is OK in my book. :thumbup:

vaticanplum
01-16-2007, 12:35 AM
I give the outfit a B+.

pedro
01-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Like the shoes and the shirt but not a fan of the cuffed jean look. plus I think your supposed to take the hanger out of the jacket before you put it on. OTOH, he doesn't look like he plays a lot of golf so he does have that going for him.