PDA

View Full Version : Golden Tones of Don Sutton heading to DC

Heath
01-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Good for him. While he is not the most "analytical" color man, I do enjoy listening to the guy talk. He even did a good job on some Match Game episodes in the mid-'70's

Nationals tab HOFer Sutton as TV color commentator

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Hall of Fame pitcher Don Sutton will be the Washington Nationals' new TV color analyst.

The club and the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network announced Monday that Sutton will replace Tom Paciorek alongside play-by-play announcer Bob Carpenter.

Sutton retired from baseball in 1988 and worked as a TV analyst on Atlanta Braves games on TBS.

Sorry it cost Wimpy his job. He needs to go back to Chicago.

Yachtzee
01-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Good for him. While he is not the most "analytical" color man, I do enjoy listening to the guy talk. He even did a good job on some Match Game episodes in the mid-'70's

Gene Rayburn: "Don Sutton has a unique hairstyle. It looks like he has a BLANK on his head."

macro
01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Gene Rayburn: "Don Sutton has a unique hairstyle. It looks like he has a BLANK on his head."

Wow, I could almost hear that bass guitar from Match Game after I read that!

:lol:

It's a coincidence for me that this thread would be posted today. I have been in the process of converting twenty years worth of stuff on VHS to DVD, and just this morning I did Game 1 of the 1979 NLCS. Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek welcomed Sutton to the booth for his very first time that night.

Oh, and the game went extra innings, and...

...never mind. :(

RANDY IN INDY
01-17-2007, 08:28 AM

A toy poodle.

Heath
01-17-2007, 10:02 AM

The RedsZone Match Game. Not available in stores.