PDA

View Full Version : Winter Caravan . . . Louisville Tonight

FutureRedsGM
01-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Anyone going to the Slugger Museum tonight? The article on the oficial reds page leads me to believe that Homer Bailey may be there (2006 minor league player of the year).

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070123&content_id=1784361&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

indyred
01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm going to go check it out. Get a few auto's. So it's going to be Bailey, BP and Sabo as the main guys. Along with Marty, Narron and some front office people? Not sure what to get signed. I think I'll check online and print out a few pictures. I went last year there. It was packed for the first hour or so, then it died down and there was no wait. See if they have any good deals on bats in the gift shop.

FutureRedsGM
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, when I first posted this earlier today, I thought I was going, but now it seems that chances are slim. Are there vendors there selling Reds gear? I'd like to get a Bailey autograph.

indyred
01-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Last year no, on the Reds selling stuff there. They had sales people there passing info on tickets and some local sponsors giving away stuff. Best to bring your own stuff to get signed. Otherwise it's kind of a waste. Unless you want them to sign a season ticket pamphlet.

indyred
01-26-2007, 12:43 AM
It was pretty packed tonight. Homer was the star of the show. Good thing he can sign fast. He was at a table with Marty. At times Marty looked pretty bored. Homer was getting all the attention. Marty was very nice when I did talk with him, even signed his HOF 2000. He was very good with the kids. Phillips was very talkative. His line with Wayne was very slow. BP took time with everyone, seems like a great guy. He was last one still signing at the end. Anyone else go?

TDHND
01-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Sounds like it would have been a neat event. To bad I live to far away.

Shaknb8k
01-26-2007, 01:19 AM
How was it set up? Like different lines for the players like RedsFest or how did it work?

adampad
01-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Will they sign things you bring, like balls and such....or do they sign a preprinted sheet they hand out?

Caseyfan21
01-26-2007, 01:51 AM
Will they sign things you bring, like balls and such....or do they sign a preprinted sheet they hand out?

Either one. In past years they've signed both but in Columbus they seemed to be enforcing the 1 item per person rule.

indyred
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
How was it set up? Like different lines for the players like RedsFest or how did it work?

They had seperate lines for each table. They would sign anything you wanted. I know for Homer they wanted a one item per person. But I saw a guy in front of me spread out 6 baseball cards for him to sign. Homer didn't look very happy about it , but signed all six for him anyways.

Shaknb8k
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
They had seperate lines for each table. They would sign anything you wanted. I know for Homer they wanted a one item per person. But I saw a guy in front of me spread out 6 baseball cards for him to sign. Homer didn't look very happy about it , but signed all six for him anyways.

Was there enough time to get through all of the lines or did you have to pick and choose?

indyred
01-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Was there enough time to get through all of the lines or did you have to pick and choose?

It wasn't a problem getting through all the lines. Homer was a very quick signer. He had the longest lines, but they moved real quick. Phillips line was the slowest, just because he chatted it up with everyone. I don't think anyone left without getting what they wanted.

redsfan1966
01-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Sounds like the southern leg of the caravan is the one to be at...no offense to the northern leg, which I attended Thursday, but when Todd Coffey is the main draw..well, you get my drift....call me crazy---of course---but I may just make a little weekend trek to a southern leg site---Huntington WV perhaps....

MartyFan
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey, If I take my video camera will they let me vid?

kbrake
01-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I was at the stop in Lima tonight and while I wish we could have gotten Homer or Phillips are way it was still nice. I was fine with Thom Brennamen getting hired but after tonight I am really excited that he has joined on with the Reds. I am not a fan of his fathers, but Thom seems like he will be very refreshing. One more thing, while I find it hard to like Jerry Narron as a manager, I find it even harder to not like him as a person.

MartyFan
01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
kbrake:

I feel the same way about Narron...did he talk at all about Hamiliton?

Dod you see people there with video cameras?

harangatang
01-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I was at the stop in Lima tonight and while I wish we could have gotten Homer or Phillips are way it was still nice. I was fine with Thom Brennamen getting hired but after tonight I am really excited that he has joined on with the Reds. I am not a fan of his fathers, but Thom seems like he will be very refreshing. One more thing, while I find it hard to like Jerry Narron as a manager, I find it even harder to not like him as a person.I'll be going to the Muncie stop tomorrow...I only have one thing for them to sign and the person going with me has nothing. Did they have anything to buy there to sign or not?

redsfan30
01-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I'll be going to the Muncie stop tomorrow...I only have one thing for them to sign and the person going with me has nothing. Did they have anything to buy there to sign or not?

In the past they've had autograph cards available for everyone.

AccordinglyReds
01-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I went to the Lexington stop today before heading back to Louisville for the weekend, and it was very quick. There was only one line and you were able to go to each person in order. There wasn't as big of a crowd as I thought there would have been, though. Nevertheless, it was nice. BP seems like a really friendly person. One notable question asked, was if Phillips and other players ever listened to Tracy Jones. BP simply did not know who he was. ;)

kbrake
01-27-2007, 12:39 AM
kbrake:

I feel the same way about Narron...did he talk at all about Hamiliton?

Dod you see people there with video cameras?

Yeah Jerry talked about Hamilton. He pretty much just gave the typical line on Hamilton though. You know, something like "guy has all the talent in the world, has made mistakes in his past but is doing what he can to get his life straight. we hope he makes the team yada yada yada"

As for the cameras no I did not see any but Lima is a very small stop. I really dont know how it would be at some of the bigger stops.

kbrake
01-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I'll be going to the Muncie stop tomorrow...I only have one thing for them to sign and the person going with me has nothing. Did they have anything to buy there to sign or not?

There was not much to buy. They did have a few copies of Tom Browning's book (the only thing I actually took with me to get signed) but other than that there was nothing really. They did have little autograph sheets though with all their names on it.

harangatang
01-27-2007, 12:51 AM
In the past they've had autograph cards available for everyone.

There was not much to buy. They did have a few copies of Tom Browning's book (the only thing I actually took with me to get signed) but other than that there was nothing really. They did have little autograph sheets though with all their names on it.
OK thanks alot. Up here you can't find anything.