PDA

View Full Version : Todd Hollandsworth

Krusty
01-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Anybody think the Reds could possibly sign him to a minor league deal and invite him to spring training?

If you look at the roster, the Reds could use a lefthanded bat coming off the bench especially if the Reds go with two catchers. That would limit Valentin somewhat as a pinch hitter. Hollandsworth can play all the outfield positions and could be insurance in case Denorifa and Hopper struggle in spring training.

Opinions?

TOBTTReds
01-26-2007, 02:16 AM
I would rather give a chance to Hamilton. I think signing TH would give him the squeeze in the OF. Give him a chance without someone breathing down his neck to replace him. If he fails, it won't be hard to get a Hollandsworth type bat in there.

Tom Servo
01-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Been there, done that.

Heath
01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Been there, done that.

..and wasn't here long enough to get the t-shirt.

Pass. But thanks for asking.

RedLegSuperStar
01-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Didn't Philly already sign him to a contract?

BRM
01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
This is the latest Rotoworld has on him.

The Phillies have offered free agent Todd Hollandsworth a minor league contract.

Hollandsworth, who hit .246/.275/.429 in 224 at-bats for the Indians and Reds last season, continues to hold out for a major league deal.

Degenerate39
01-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Please don't sign Todd Hollandsworth.

toledodan
01-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I would rather give a chance to Hamilton. I think signing TH would give him the squeeze in the OF. Give him a chance without someone breathing down his neck to replace him. If he fails, it won't be hard to get a Hollandsworth type bat in there.

i think thats what the reds have in mind as well.:thumbup:

dougflynn23
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
:) Assuming the Reds carry 11 pitchers and 2 catchers, there will be 5 open bench spots outside of Valentin. I'm assuming that Castro, Denorfia, and Conine have pretty much locked up 3 of those 5 slots. That leaves Keppinger and Bellhorn to fight for slot #4, and Hamilton and Hopper for #5. I've always liked Todd Hollandsworth, but I'd rather see Hamilton stick on this team.

I really like a Valentin, Conine, Bellhorn, Castro, Denorfia & Hamilton bench.

savafan
01-26-2007, 09:43 PM

If for no other reason, it's different than what we're used to. I kinda like that bench too.

Dracodave
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM

Assumming Votto Tears up Triple A...

That bench becomes..

Hatteberg, Valentine, Conine, Castro Denorfia & Hamiliton.

A even better bench.

I dont see Bellhorn making that much of a impact.

Krusty
01-26-2007, 10:52 PM
My only problem is having a young hitter like Hamilton sitting on the bench everyday.

Z-Fly
01-26-2007, 11:07 PM
What else are you going to do with Josh Hamilton? You can't really start him. What else are you going to do but cut him loose? Assuming you don't want to trade for his rights.

redsfanfalcon
01-27-2007, 10:35 AM
The only thing Hollandsworth did for us last year was make a nice diving catch (I believe it was in extra innings when the game was on the line). Stay away...stay FAR away.

Krusty
01-27-2007, 10:44 AM
What else are you going to do with Josh Hamilton? You can't really start him. What else are you going to do but cut him loose? Assuming you don't want to trade for his rights.

Remember the Devil Rays owe us a player for Brenden Harris.

Z-Fly
01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Remember the Devil Rays owe us a player for Brenden Harris.

I believe that someone gave a quote (From the Rays), that said Harris would not be enough in return for Hamilton.

It was posted somewhere in redszone. I am sure it was in the Brenden Harris to D-Rays forum. I am just to lazy to look it up.