PDA

View Full Version : Encarnacion goes 5-5 in Dominican League on Thursday

Grounds_Crew
01-26-2007, 02:03 AM
I was just about to go to bed and saw a highlight on ESPN of the Dominican League. Edwin Encarnacion went 5-5 with a HR and scored 2 runs. Niiiiice! I really think this kid is gonna be a great part of the Reds.

Degenerate39
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
If his defense improves this season I'll be very happy with him.

Heath
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
His defense will improve this season so I'll be very happy with him when he gets to balls that no one can get to.

D10 - thought i'd help with your quote.

I hope he doesn't leave his bat in Winter Ball. We are going to need it this year.

bucksfan2
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Is he playing too much baseball??? I know he is young but wouldn't you want a player your counting on for a lot of production this year take a break in the offseason? Im not saying become lazy like Kearns did a few years back but to limit the amount of grind the body takes by playing in the winter league.

Superdude
01-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Im not saying become lazy like Kearns did a few years back but to limit the amount of grind the body takes by playing in the winter league.

Is it really that much of a physical grind for a hitter? We obviously don't want Harang throwing 70 innings every off season, but if EdE wants to play, I don't see how it could hurt him.

TDHND
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I saw this morning about this. If he can improve his game playing winter ball then I'd wish more players would do that to improve.