PDA

View Full Version : One for the Story Books - Adam Dunn's walk off Grand Slam Video

Grounds_Crew
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this is by far one of the most memorable games of my life time...if not THE most memorable. The Reds scored 9 runs in their last two at bats to rally and beat the Indians. Adam Dunn capped it off with the game winning Grand Slam in the bottom of the ninth. Now, THAT's a walk off!

Enjoy...I know I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_MOY-k_M4

EDIT: And THAT is why we need to keep Adam Dunn as a life long Red!

OnBaseMachine
01-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Awesome video...gave me goosebumps. Thanks!

I agree, keep Adam Dunn a lifelong Red!

dougdirt
01-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Best game I have ever been to.

Degenerate39
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I remember this game and how excited I was when Dunn hit that grand slam.

Grounds_Crew
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM

I was in the dugout! :D :D :D :D :D :D

KronoRed
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Ugh could have done without the night ranger music ;)

Grounds_Crew
01-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Ugh could have done without the night ranger music ;)

That's the song he comes to the plate with. He picked that song...so it was only fitting, in my opinion! It gave me chills....I guess because I'm so used to hearing that song when he gets up to bat. I loved the video.

reds1869
01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for posting that link. I will never forget attending that game with my father; best game I've ever watched in person.

redsfan30
01-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Man am I ever ready for baseball to begin.

I can't imagine a game I witness in person ever surpassing that game.

Tom Servo
01-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Gave me goosebumps as well. I can't wait for the season to begin! Still a while away, but pitchers and catchers in only 3 weeks.

We complained about 2006 and the bullpen and the Trade, but ultimatley the team surpassed expectations and gave us a lot of great comeback and walkoff memories. Maybe 07 we can put it all together. :beerme:

wheels
01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Adam Dunn is clutch.

savafan
01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
One of the greatest baseball moments ever in my opinion.

kbrake
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Ditto.

KittyDuran
01-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Hmmm... it's been removed!:(

savafan
01-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn...MLB is evil!

vaticanplum
01-26-2007, 08:44 PM
You can watch it on mlb.com. I watch it every couple of weeks.

redsfanfalcon
01-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Me too. I could hardly talk to my buddy (who is a Tigers fan) on the way home, I was so hoarse.

savafan
01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
You can watch it on mlb.com. I watch it every couple of weeks.

You don't have to pay to watch videos on mbl.com??? (I was under the impression that you did...)

IowaRed
01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
http://700wlw.com/timages/page/media/Dunngamewinninggrandslam.mp3

jmcclain19
01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
You don't have to pay to watch videos on mbl.com??? (I was under the impression that you did...)

The top plays are free - and fed at 350kps

Check out the Reds section
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cin

Pretty much 3-4 clips for every game the last 3 years. I spent a couple of hours on there the other night.

Man I miss baseball.

jmcclain19
01-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Also - to mention about watching videos on MLB.com - they splice videos together for the highlight clips.

After watching a couple hundred the other night - a good chunk of the last two seasons, it's amazing how many times that George Grande and Chris Welsh aren't talking about the play on the field when something good happens for the Reds. I'm sure sample size plays a part, but it's amazingly noticeable when you poke around on MLB.com for a while.

harangatang
01-27-2007, 01:36 AM
June 30, the very first link

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cin&ym=200606

StillFunkyB
01-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Also - to mention about watching videos on MLB.com - they splice videos together for the highlight clips.

After watching a couple hundred the other night - a good chunk of the last two seasons, it's amazing how many times that George Grande and Chris Welsh aren't talking about the play on the field when something good happens for the Reds. I'm sure sample size plays a part, but it's amazingly noticeable when you poke around on MLB.com for a while.

I was thinking the same thing.

I am sure Welsh, and Grande are nice guys, but when you watch the clips your really can see how bad they really are.

There is such a huge difference between them and Marty. Not even the same galaxy. When Marty made that call for the walk of grand slam the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Goosebumps galore. George Grande, not so much.

I would much rather have someone like Marty doing TV play by play, and having George Grande host all the pregame stuff, and the interviews etc...

Welsh doesn't bother me all that much. He's a former player, and a color guy. Six of one, half dozen of the other IMHO.

forfreelin04
01-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I remember watching it on TV with my dad. As soon as Castro his his homer in the 8th, I told him the Reds were gonna win. He should listen to me more often!

Don't forget Wickman hadn't given up a homer all year!

alexad
01-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I remember watching it on TV with my dad. As soon as Castro his his homer in the 8th, I told him the Reds were gonna win. He should listen to me more often!

Don't forget Wickman hadn't given up a homer all year!

Great game as I had the family at this game. We almost left, but my oldest son 9 said dad you never leave a game until it is over, plus the youngest wanted to see the fireworks. We saw the fireworks thats for sure when Dunn went yard ducks on the pond.

Sean_CaseyRules
01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Definately THE greatest game I had EVER been to and it will remain that way until I see our Redlegs win a World Series!

Tom B
01-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I went to this game with my father and brother in law who are Indians fans, and the whole time they are rubbing it in my face about how bad the Indians were beating up on the Reds. I delt with it kindly (mostly because they were Diamond Club seats and I was just happy to be sitting that close to the action and pretty lit up from the free booze.) I will never forget their faces as they watched the Reds come back and esp when Adam hit that Grand Slam. Greatest game I will ever attend, so fun!!

redsfanfalcon
01-28-2007, 12:21 AM
I was also at the game in addition to this one when the Reds were in Cleveland facing Chuck Finley, I'd say 5 years ago, and they were down 6 and came back and won it. Two of the biggest deficits they've been down, and I've seen them come back. That is why I NEVER leave a game early.

TC81190
01-28-2007, 01:40 PM
This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner MLB Advanced Media because its content was used without permission

:censored: :rant: :angry:

DoogMinAmo
01-28-2007, 02:58 PM
http://700wlw.com/timages/page/media/Dunngamewinninggrandslam.mp3

Goosebumps, sheer goosebumps. But how is it humanly possible to score 9 runs in the last 2 at bats?

Jaycint
01-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Totally agreed, easily the best game I have ever attended, was sitting down the right field line and watched that baby zip by me.

Redsland
01-28-2007, 07:40 PM
But how is it humanly possible to score 9 runs in the last 2 at bats?
He means the last two innings worth of at-bats.

I agree that the statement as constructed is a bit odd.

Grounds_Crew
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
He means the last two innings worth of at-bats.

I agree that the statement as constructed is a bit odd.

Listen to how Marty called it. He said the exact same thing. I was merely quoting Marty. Don't kill the messenger.

"The Reds have rallied to beat the Indians with 9 runs in their LAST TWO AT BATS. They win it 9-8"

Sean_CaseyRules
01-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I can't stop watching it! I watch it at least 5 times a day now! I can't wait until PACR!!!!!!!

paintmered
01-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Probably the best game I've seen in person. The game where Gagne got tossed for hitting Dunn and Griffey hit a walk-off home run in extra innings in 2002 is up there too.

Redsland
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Don't kill the messenger.
I wasn't. I was merely explaining what Marty was trying to communicate.

:beerme:

Grounds_Crew
01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I wasn't. I was merely explaining what Marty was trying to communicate.

:beerme:

:drink: I'll drink to that!

kbrake
01-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Probably the best game I've seen in person. The game where Gagne got tossed for hitting Dunn and Griffey hit a walk-off home run in extra innings in 2002 is up there too.

I was at that one too. My last game at Riverfront. Ranks 3rd for me behind Dunn's walk-off and Randa's Opening Day walk-off.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Had the pleasure of going to that game with two Reds fans and two Indians fans, they made it to the other side of the river before I even noticed they left.

Sabo Fan
01-30-2007, 12:07 AM
I was at that game with about five other people, three of whom were ripping on Dunn pretty much all night (K's too much, bad defense, hates puppies, you know the type). Anyway, I keep defending Dunn and tell them that they'll be sorry when he comes through big later on.

That was during the first inning or so and about halfway through the game it was looking pretty ugly and my little group was giving me a rough time. So as the Reds start chipping away I make the comment that at this point, I'd be happy if Dunn made it to the plate one more time with an opportunity to at least tie the game. Turns out he got that and more and I engaged in some serious gloating following the win.

What made that ending really incredible was the fact that pretty much everyone had stayed in the ballpark, partially because it was the Indians and partially because fireworks followed the game. It was the second loudest moment in a stadium I've ever experienced, behind only Griffey Jr's introduction on Opening Day 2000.

Reds Freak
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I got chills after listening to that call from Marty and wanted to listen to other famous calls in Reds history, but after an hour of searching I have had no luck. I know this has been asked on here a hundred times but where can you get famous calls? How did you find that clip from WLW? I searched WLW's site three times but haven't found anything. I searched the Reds web site and all I came up with was video. Can anyone help?

Grounds_Crew
02-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I got chills after listening to that call from Marty and wanted to listen to other famous calls in Reds history, but after an hour of searching I have had no luck. I know this has been asked on here a hundred times but where can you get famous calls? How did you find that clip from WLW? I searched WLW's site three times but haven't found anything. I searched the Reds web site and all I came up with was video. Can anyone help?

I'll second that request for audio clips.