PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Brands

Dom Heffner
01-27-2007, 01:21 PM
I have driven a car made by Ford everyday for the past 15 years. My Dad worked there for 40 years and old habits are hard to break. Of couurse relative pricing is nice, too.

Love ties by Ermenegildo Zegna. Expensive, but once you wear one, you don't want anything else. Hand made and heavyweight, I laughee until I bought one. Don't pay Meiman Marcus prices ($140 plus), though. Ebay has them at less than 50% of that.

My girlfriend is hooked on MAC makeup and Coach.

Anybody here have brands they like?

Cedric
01-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Fruit of the Loom

RedFanAlways1966
01-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Levi Strauss jeans. Nike gym shoes. Gibson guitars and D'Addario strings. Campbell's soup.

RedsBaron
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
New Balance athletic shoes and Allen Edmonds dress shoes are two of my clothing favorites. I will sometimes "go cheap" when it comes to some articles of clothing, but when it comes to shoes I don't really even consider much else.

KittyDuran
01-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Steve and Barry's Jeans, LA Gear leather shoes - plain, ISO Bouncy Creme (can only find it at Ulta), Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3 and Clinique lipsticks, Maybelline white coverstick concealer, Wella hair products, Pears soap, Noxema, Crest Scope toothpaste, Croft & Barrow sweaters and fleeces, Parfum de Coeur body sprays, Hanes workout bras, UDF chocolate malts, Rimmel cosmetics (cheap!).

SunDeck
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a couple:

http://www.brewersofindianaguild.com/Logos/Label-Upland-PaleAle.gif

http://static.flickr.com/35/72616472_e28ee697d4_m.jpg

dman
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Levi's Jeans
A-1 Steak Sauce
Justin Boots

westofyou
01-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm loyal to

Rock Shock "Judy" Front Shocks
Adobe Software
Bridgeport IPA
Logitech Mouse
Claussen Pickles
Peets Coffee

macro
01-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Toyota automobiles
Yamaha motorcycles
Yamaha drums
Arachnid dartboards
Michelin tires
Skippy peanut butter
Dockers casual dress pants
Hanes underwear
Crest Pro-Health mouthwash
Rawlings baseball gloves
Vault soft drinks
Sharpie markers

GAC
01-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I have driven a car made by Ford everyday for the past 15 years. My Dad worked there for 40 years and old habits are hard to break. Of couurse relative pricing is nice, too.

Love ties by Ermenegildo Zegna. Expensive, but once you wear one, you don't want anything else. Hand made and heavyweight, I laughee until I bought one. Don't pay Meiman Marcus prices ($140 plus), though. Ebay has them at less than 50% of that.

My girlfriend is hooked on MAC makeup and Coach.

Anybody here have brands they like?

I've been a Ford man for most of my adult life. But my Dad was big on Chryslers (Plymouth). Growing up I think we had two or three of the Plymouth station wagons that were the push button automatics.

I just bought my first Honda this past summer - an Odyssey van. We love it. Of course it's the wifes and I rarely get to drive it. I still have my two Fords (both Sables). But I'm going to buy me a new Honda Civic this spring and give the Fords to the kids to drive.

Clothing....

Arizona jeans
Dockers
Arrow shirts with a button down collar (casual wear)
polo style T-shirts (solid color)

pedro
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Converse Chuck Taylors
Champion Sweatshirts
The Cincinnati Reds

RollyInRaleigh
01-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Rawlings baseball gloves
Mizuno iron's (golf)
Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls
Scotty Cameron Putters
Levi's Jeans
Russell Sweats
Nike baseball shoes
Mizuno running shoes
New Era 5950 fitted caps (Reds, of course)
Authentic Diamond Collection baseball gear
Charmin
Lever soap
Coca-Cola
Padron Cigars
"Cold" Beer
Southern Hospitality

GIK
01-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Levi's, Hanes tees and New Balance shoes. I own three Fords and had four leading up to them.

Ltlabner
01-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Sony
Volvo
Gibson Guitars
Mesa-Boogie Amps
Sig-Sauer

RFS62
01-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Winn grips
Rossingnol Skis
Wilson racquets
Wilson A2000 gloves
Nike shoes
Delorme GPS
Canon cameras and lenses
Cleveland wedges
Scotty Cameron putters
Titleist ProV1's
New Era 5950s
Sony TV's
Bose speakers
Cincinnati Reds

Red in Chicago
01-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Coca-Cola-Actually I switched from Coke to Coke Zero, now that I'm getting older;)
Heinz Ketchup-Is there any other brand worthwhile?
Bounty Paper Towels-The quicker picker-upper:thumbup:
Crest Toothpaste
Listerine
Clorox and Lysol-but you already knew this, right:evil:

letsgojunior
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Gucci
Prada
DKNY
Gap
NY & Co
Clinique
Jan Marini
Lancome
Aveda
Elizabeth Arden
Estee Lauder
Bath & Body Works
Starbucks
Motorola
Cold Stone Creamery

RFS62
01-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Clorox and Lysol-but you already knew this, right:evil:

I figured you had an endorsement deal.

;)

edabbs44
01-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Polo
Joseph Abboud suits
Gap or JCrew jeans
Nike sneakers
Nathan's hot dogs

MWM
01-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Cheerios
Nature Valley
Wheaties
Fiber One
Nissan Maxima
AMD Processors
Ecco
Newcastle Beer
Papa Murphy's Pizza
Quizno's Subs

Falls City Beer
01-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Free stuff
Goodwill

bucksfan
01-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Samuel Adams, Champion sweatshirts, Levis, Dockers, Smartwool socks, Rocky boots, Nissan (I really like my truck!), Rawlings

IslandRed
01-28-2007, 01:17 AM
On any given warm day, there's a very good chance I will be spotted driving a Honda while wearing a Polo t-shirt and drinking a Diet Coke.

Such sightings often occur at the "On The Run" (Exxon) mini-mart, where I can get a 32-ounce fountain soft drink for 62 cents.

I've bought nothing but Sure anti-perspirant for years because it's the only one I can find that's unscented.

I've loved every piece of clothing I've ever bought or received from Land's End.

GAC
01-28-2007, 05:00 AM
Cheerios
Nature Valley
Wheaties
Fiber One

Shouldn't padded toilet seat be on your list? :mooner:

dman
01-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Shouldn't padded toilet seat be on your list? :mooner:

And Charmin

01-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Sierra Nevada IPA
New Balance running shoes
Charmin- gotta be 2 ply
Blistex Lip Ointment
Cadbury Eggs

reds1869
01-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Apple
Nike
Nintendo

RollyInRaleigh
01-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Forgot a few.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Wheaties
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Rawlings Glovolium
Lexol leather conditioner
Bose Speakers (Thanks for reminding me RFS62-we love our Bose system)
Titleist Vokey Wedges
Garmin (Bought my wife for Christmas-awesome)

vaticanplum
01-28-2007, 12:27 PM
The only brands to which I am truly faithful are Crest toothpaste and Dove soap. Anything else has to prove itself to me over and over again as a good product at a fair price for me to buy it, and my loyalty can change the second a price goes up or the quality goes down.

I'll lay out some money (when I have it) for something I really love, like a dress, but that's usually a one-time thing and it doesn't mean I'm loyal to the brand itself forever. I'm a great shopper if I do say so myself, I can almost always tell you where you can get the cheapest and best and most beautiful or clever of anything and in my experience brand usually has little to do with that. It's one of my few major talents, borne out of love for the activity of shopping itself.

TeamCasey
01-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Crest
Dawn dishwashing liquid
New Balance sneakers
I will be a Coke Zero convert when they make a decaf version.
Cover Girl makeup
Playtex over the shoulder boulder holders.
Hanes undergarments
Flaming Hot Cheetos
Secret anti-perspirant

pedro
01-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Free stuff
Goodwill

how about free will & good stuff.

westofyou
01-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Arm and Hammer Toothpaste
Carmex Lip Balm
Matador Records

deltachi8
01-28-2007, 01:32 PM
whatever is on sale

Highlifeman21
01-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Southwest Airlines
Miracle Whip
Ruth's Chris Steak House
Sabona bracelets
Club Glove Travel Bags

Redhook
01-28-2007, 01:55 PM
The steaks at The Fresh Market
Adidas sneaks
Old-Spice deoderant
Cleveland wedges
Graeter's ice cream
American Crew after shave - good stuff

creek14
01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
There are only a few items that I absolutely will not purchase another brand.

MAC Mascara
Perscriptives moisturizer
Channel lipstick
Tide detergent
French's mustard
Clark's shoes
American-made automobiles

Chip R
01-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Suave hair products
Speed Stick deodorant
Cottonelle TP
Phoenix bats
Cusano 16 or Te Amo cigars
Diet Coke
Johnsonville bratwurst
Wrigley's Extra Cinnamon chewing gum
Plain M&Ms
Lever 2000 soap

RedRoser
01-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Coke---Cola
McDonald's---Sweet Tea
Powerade/Grape---Sports Beverage
Bartles & Jaymes/Berry---Wine Cooler
Dodge---Truck
Wilson A-2000---Baseball Glove (still use mine---it's 34 years old!)
AMF/Head---Tennis Racquet
Adidas---Polo Shirts, Sunglasses, Sportswear, Coaching Shoes, Body Spray
Caress/Berry---Soap
Levis 560 Relaxed Fit/Tapered Leg---Jeans
Hanes---Crew Socks
Fruit of the Loom---Boxers/Underwear
Right Guard Sport---Deodorant
Firehouse---Subs
Dominos---Pizza
Chic Filet Honey Barbecue---Sauce
White Rain/Fruit Fortified---Shampoo
Schick/Tracer FX---Refillable Razor/Blades
Worth K Master/Optic Yellow---Softball
Worth Quad---Softball Bat
Renuzit/Tropical Melon---Air Freshener
Sony---Television
Dell---Personal Computer/Notebook
John Deere Gator---Utility Vehicle
Diamond D1 Pro---Baseball

That's my top 25! :D

---RedRoser

Betterread
01-28-2007, 03:56 PM

Zegna uses wonderful materials for their ties, but I have found that for Italian conservatively styled men's ties, Brioni is preferable.
Personally, I end up buying mostly Brooks Bros. ties - on one of their frequent markdown sales. They're not as nice as the Zegna and Brioni ties, but they're more durable, in my opinion, and they're heavier - and Dad wore 'em, so you know how they'll look when they (and you) get older.

Handofdeath
01-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Acapulco Gold :cool:

GAC
01-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Boxers or briefs men? Or are you like Kramer?.... "I'm out there Jerry and lovin' every minute of it!" :lol:

Only boxers for this boy.

RollyInRaleigh
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Boxer briefs for me.

Red in Chicago
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Boxer briefs for me.

me too...the best of both worlds:thumbup:

Caseyfan21
01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Just a few off the top of my head:

Crest toothpaste
Old Spice deodarant
American Eagle (many of my clothes, obviously many others)
Nike (shoes and athletic shorts)

Other than those, I'm pretty open. For electronics especially I will purchase brand names but which one varies on reviews and what I think.

George Foster
01-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Ashworth golf shirts, they never fade, shrink, or wear out

Footjoy spikeless everyday shoes (the best)

Footjoy dress socks (the best)

Polo pants...they don't wear out

A 1 stake sause

Lands End cord pants

Bananna republic jeans...they just fit me well:laugh:

Johnny Footstool
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Coke
Nike
Levis
Gap
Comedy Central (although "Blue Collar TV" really tested that loyalty)
Adult Swim
Marvel Comics
Dunkin Donuts

i_heart_jason
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
crest toothpaste
burt and his bees
old navy
cottonelle tp
bath and bodyworks
shiner beers
wolf brand chili
bluebell ice cream
all free and clear
downy
clinique lip gloss
mabelline mascara

Falls City Beer
01-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Comedy Central (although "Blue Collar TV" really tested that loyalty)

Don't call him "tater salad."

Betterread
01-29-2007, 09:31 PM
I am not really brand-loyal, but I do have a few that I have used for a minimum of 15 years:

ASICS running shoes
James Keiller and Son marmalade
Holtkotter lighting
Select Sport Soccer balls

Dom Heffner
01-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Zegna uses wonderful materials for their ties, but I have found that for Italian conservatively styled men's ties, Brioni is preferable.
Personally, I end up buying mostly Brooks Bros. ties - on one of their frequent markdown sales. They're not as nice as the Zegna and Brioni ties, but they're more durable, in my opinion, and they're heavier - and Dad wore 'em, so you know how they'll look when they (and you) get older.

Nothing wrong with Brioni, either. Or Armani.

For whatever reason, Zegna just has lots of styles I like. They do make some funky stuff that I steer clear from. They used to make a line called Napoli Couture that featured ultra-heavyweight hand-stitched ties. There isn't a better tie available. Thick, gorgeous and hand sewn. The trick is finding one for under the $189 retail some of them had. ebay has been terrific for that but they are few and far between.

I don't like conservative ties but I also don't like funky ones. Versace makes some of the most tacky, gawdy ties ever put on this earth.

I also like Daniel Cremieux dress shirts and even their suits aren't too bad. They are really nice, especially for Dillard's.

Speaking of Dillard's: I went to their semi-annual sale where they had 50% off a lot of their suits but not all of them. As I'm going through their selection, I picked out 4 or 5 in a row that I just loved but none were on sale - and every single one was a Hugo Boss. Geesh, I have expensive taste, I guess. I left them hanging, though, in favor of the ones on big sale.

My father used to tease me every week by saying, "Guess what cereal you're getting this week? Whatever's on sale!!!" I guess it stuck. :)

Johnny Footstool
01-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Don't call him "tater salad."

Ron White was the only redeeming factor of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. He was noticably absent from the godawful TV series.

M2
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Life cereal

dabvu2498
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Life cereal

I'm a Cheerios man.

I have very few brand loyalties.

Jeep and Honda (Odd combo, I know.)
Born Shoes
Eddie Bauer

My wife has some, but I don't know what they are.

Sweetstop
01-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Converse Chuck Taylors

Have you seen the slip-ons w/ eyelets but no laces? My daughter gave her husband, who wears Chuck Taylors religiously, a black pair for Christmas, and they were way cool.

Not a brand name person, generally. I look for quality and/or the best buy available.

Off the top of my head, I prefer Newcastle Ale, Dove dark chocolates, Graeter's Ice Cream, Newman's Own store-bought dressings, Neutrogena and Aveda products.

Doc. Scott
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I honestly can't think of a single brand that I buy just because it's the brand name.

All I can really say is that there are some things that you can buy generic (such as cleaning products, breakfast cereal, soda, or office supplies) and some you can't (non-underwear clothing, shoes, sporting goods).

Red Leader
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Coca Cola
Sony TV
Bose speakers
Colgate Total toothpaste
Lacoste polo shirts
Merrell boots
iPod
Simply Orange orange juice
Quaker Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal
Nike
Rawlings baseball gloves
Mizuno catchers mitts

Sean_CaseyRules
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Chevy
Gibson Guitars
Luigi's Pizza in Hilliard, Ohio
Fender Amps
Adidas tennis shoes
Hot Topic Classic Rock 'N' Roll T-Shirts

dman
01-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Yamaha Pacifica 812W Guitars (No Longer Produced:( )
Washburn N-4 (Padauk Wood Finish) guitars
Epiphone Joe Perry Boneyard (I'm a poor musician) Les Pauls
ADA Pre-Amps
Digitech Effects
Always was partial to Laney Amplifiers, but not necessarily my favorite brand.

With the Yamaha 812W's and, for that matter, the 604W's, I always enjoyed the Wilkinson VS100 bridges with the Sperzel locking tuners.

With the exception of the Yamaha, my stuff was obtained "gently used" from friends who had to have the newest or hip stuff that was out at the time. I guess you could call it factory seconds.
The only other guitar I owned that could be considered brand new was a Warmoth that I built myself using all new parts.

vaticanplum
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I went shopping today (it's, you know, Saturday) and I was reminded of this thread regarding something...there is one thing, one thing on earth, that I will shell out big bucks for every time. And it is designer jeans. It's not totally related to this thread, because I'm not loyal to a particular brand (although I do love my beloved Sevens), but I feel that it is in the sense of it being something I could get away with spending a lot less money on and don't.

I spend a lot of money on a pair of jeans today. A lot. But I have not bought a pair of jeans in almost three years. And it was so beyond worth it. I never believed it before I was convinced to do it...and I wanted to share this with all of you, because I'm telling you, once you do it, your life will never be the same. Designer jeans ARE different: they're better-constructed, they last longer, they feel like a dream, and they come alive on a human body as opposed to trying to keep up with it. They are worth their weight in gold.

I suppose that in a sense it depends on your personal shape. I am a girl, and I gravitate toward clothes that realize that: it takes a lot to pull me away from my beloved dresses. A pair of designer jeans can do this, with relish, not just for all the reasons above but for one other crucial thing. I'm light on junk in the trunk, so to speak. It's one reason I secretly want to be Beyonce (or, far better yet, SHAKIRA). And good jeans -- you will not believe this -- they give me junk. I don't know how they do it. It's not like certain pretty dresses, which give the illusion of junk. Certain jeans actually make it materialize. After a junk-free life, the realization that this can happen was like almost no other. And I'm telling you people, if you find good jeans, they can take care of other issues like this too. It is life-changing.

So that's one thing I spend money on and, although I always feel slightly guilty due to the sheer cost, in the end it always proves a long-lasting, soul-fulfilling investment.

This message was brought to you by Saturday happy hour, as well as the delirium brought on by my new designer duds.

deltachi8
07-14-2007, 09:28 PM
This message was brought to you by Saturday happy hour, as well as the delirium brought on by my new designer duds.

:beerme: have one for me!

:laugh:

Brutus_the_Red
07-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Fender Telecasters
Lindy Fralin Pickups
Elixer Strings
Guild Acoustics
Orange and Hiwatt Amps (I've also got a '76 Marshall JMP and a Mesa 2-channel Dual Rectifier, but my Orange and Hiwatt are the kings on tone, IMHO)
Sennheiser Microphones
Apple/Macintosh
Pro Tools (i run my own recording studio in my spare time, i spend entirely too much money on it)
Jameson
Miller High Life Light
Nintendo
Toyota
Pop Tarts
Red Baron Pizzas
Totinos Pizza Rolls
Coca-Cola
Mike-Sells potato chips
Marions Pizza

OldRightHander
07-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Claussen pickles
Macintosh computers
Coca-Cola
Hanes underwear
Heinz ketchup
Viva paper towels (soft enough to double as tissues in a pinch)
Charmin
Bose speakers and headphones
Nike for athletic shoes, Rockport for casual wear, and my work boots (difficult for an OSU fan) are Wolverines
Also, not really a brand, but buy all your cargo securing supplies from Trailines on Windisch Rd. Much larger selection and half the price of the truck stops.

Yachtzee
07-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm light on junk in the trunk, so to speak. It's one reason I secretly want to be Beyonce (or, far better yet, SHAKIRA).

Have you tried red beans and rice? I hear there good for junk in the trunk, or so says Sir Mix-A-Lot. I believe he is an authoritative source on all matters callipygian. :mooner: :)

I'm blessed with a small backside too, so whenever I lose a few pounds, I have to wear a belt or else I can't keep my pants up. I need to get some more casual belts.

As far as jeans go, as a guy I don't think you can go wrong with a good pair of levis. Every pair I get lasts for years.

WMR
07-15-2007, 04:06 PM
John Deere (my dad is a dealer)
BP Fuel (again, b/c of my dad; owns a gas station and I get a discount on fuel)
Michelob Ultra (Especially the new Amber version!!!)
Alienware PCs and Laptops
Movado
Beretta 9mm
Rolex (gift given to me from my dad when I got my Eagle scout)
Nissan trucks
Williams pinball machines
Pepsodent toothpaste
Sony Electronics
Kicker subs and speakers
Honda 4-wheelers
Gatorade Rain
Sean John suits
Ranger bassboats (I don't have one, but my dad does and if I'm ever fortunate enough to buy one, that's what I'd want)
HBO
Stubhub
Sprint cell phone service
Motorola cell phones

WMR
07-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Forgot: "Williams Lectric Shave Pre-Shave Conditioner"

I use an electric shaver, and JEEZ, this stuff is a godsend. If you use an electric shaver and haven't tried it, I urge you to do so.

Biore facial scrub/cleanser

Head and Shoulders shampoo

Old Spice Body Wash (although I'm not above jacking some of my sister's girly body wash if I'm at home and in a pinch!! Speaking of which: how many bottles of "ingredients" do you females here on RZ have in your bathtub/shower?!?! I swear, no exaggeration, that my sister has at least 25!!!!)

Dom Heffner
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Kiehl's

gm
07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Three letters come to mind...TMI

Let's see, I've had three pairs of Birkenstocks in 25+ years. (And since they let me wear them at work, that's about all I wear, unless I'm on the diamond or a dirt bike)

Dark chocolate

Fred Meyer department store soda (Citrus Drop for me, Dr. K for everyone else)

For larger items I'll look on craigslist before darkening the door of any retail store. (I will swing by Goodwill during lunch at least once a month, though. I just picked up some "roller" luggage for our Disneyland trip next month) For smaller items/electronics? eBay or amazon

Microsoft/Windows/PCs

Verizon wireless

Limewire (download.com)

Reds/Vikings/Blazers/UO Ducks since the early '70s

Mrs. gm since '86 ;)

Dogs yes, cats no

I'm partial to my Hammond/Suzuki XK-2 keyboard and Motion Sound KBR-M amp, of course if a real B-3 ever dropped in my lap I wouldn't pass up the challenge...

WMR
07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I should add eBay.

I've bought probably a couple hundred items off eBay over the last 8 years or so and have NEVER not received what I paid for.

Exercise due diligence on eBay and your chances of being "taken" are slim to nil. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

wally post
07-15-2007, 05:32 PM
This is a fun thread! I'm surprised at how many guitarists there are here -
Also, the Bose stereo thing is shocking to me. (Bose = overpriced cheap gear from a company that does great marketing IMO)

My list:
(leaving out musical equipment that I endorse)
organic chicken and grain fed beef
rolex (mine is a '59 Explorer watch. veru light and no batteries. It's acoustic!)
Nokia phones
Gaggia espresso machines
Diesel jeans - they hold their shape for years. Levis and the others don't do that for me.
I'll try to think of more-

WMR
07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Wally: Mine is a mid-70s submariner.

Just recently had the crystal and band replaced. I'm not going to tell you what it cost!!! :eek:

wally post
07-15-2007, 05:41 PM
nice one WilyMo!

Highlifeman21
07-15-2007, 05:52 PM
FootJoy Raingear
Under Armour Boxer Briefs
Callaway HX Tour 56 Golf Ball
FootJoy ProDry Socks
Red Robin
CostCo
Citizens Bank
TPP (Tournament Pairing Program)
Aldila VS Proto Shafts
Lamkin Crossline STD Grip

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Directv
LG Electronics, Appliances
Samsung TV's
Kellogg's cereal
Costco warehouse club
Hyundai Automobiles
Nintendo
Motorola
McDonalds

gm
07-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Forgot: "Williams Lectric Shave Pre-Shave Conditioner"

I use an electric shaver, and JEEZ, this stuff is a godsend. If you use an electric shaver and haven't tried it, I urge you to do so.

Nice call. BTW, I started using a Braun shaver this year and there's no way the skin on my neck will ever let me go back to using a Norelco rotary

WebScorpion
07-18-2007, 03:06 PM
This is a fun thread! I'm surprised at how many guitarists there are here -
Also, the Bose stereo thing is shocking to me. (Bose = overpriced cheap gear from a company that does great marketing IMO)

I think this is an interesting thread too. I'm amazed at some of the brand loyalties. I usually don't buy things just because of their brand, but it can simplify the process if you always know what you're getting and don't need to make decisions over-and-over.
I always thought Bose speakers sounded better to me, but my hearing is not all that great. (there's an artillery simulator story, but not here) What brands of speakers do you find to generally be the best? I trust your ears way more than mine. :thumbup:

So here's my list:
Tide laundry detergent
Crest toothpaste
Dawn dishwashing liquid
(See, I still send money home. ;) )
Tone soap
RC Cola
Aussie shampoo & conditioner
Cincinnati sports teams

and recently MBT shoes.

5 of my last 7 cars were Toyotas, but that's not completely loyal is it?

Everything else I have my favorites, but I still try the other brands from time to time.

Red Leader
07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I forgot to add:

Tradewinds Ice Tea
Easton Baseball bats
Ugly Stick fishing poles
Team Daewa reels

dabvu2498
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Ugly Stick fishing poles
Team Daewa reels

I'm completely loyal to Cabela's in those two departments, although my wife did buy me a Temple Fork Outfitters fly fishing rig.

Oh... and Stren fishing line.

SunDeck
07-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Some Current and past loyalties:

Redwing Boots
Levis 505
Keen
Old Town
Felco
Kubota
Kohler Engines
Sutphen
Mossberg
Camel
Brunettes

redhawkfish
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Coleman camping and tailgate equipment
Quantum fishing rods and reels
Dodge trucks
New Balance shoes
Budweiser

nate
07-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Have you tried red beans and rice? I hear there good for junk in the trunk, or so says Sir Mix-A-Lot. I believe he is an authoritative source on all matters callipygian.

I believe you receive a pair of extra large bike shorts as a prize for using that word!

15fan
07-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Vanguard
Janus
USAA

nate
07-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm partial to my Hammond/Suzuki XK-2 keyboard and Motion Sound KBR-M amp, of course if a real B-3 ever dropped in my lap I wouldn't pass up the challenge...

Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby!

http://www.gluethemoose.com/graphics/B3.JPG

Brands...hmm...

Laphroaig Scotch
Old Navy
Samsung
Steve Madden Shoes
Apple Computers
Makita
Corky's BBQ

Brands to avoid at all costs:
Land Rover
Land Rover
Land Rover

rotnoid
07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Crest toothpaste
New Balance shoes
Old Spice deodorant
Hellmann's mayonnaise
New Era 5950
General Motors (with the exception of our Grand Caravan)

Puffy
07-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Trojans

I'm sure they are rooting for me to buy more than my standard 6 pack this year. Especially since I still have 5 left over from last year. Yeah, the sixth one got opened by accident.

I need a jack and coke to drown my sorrows.....

Red Leader
07-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Trojans

I'm sure they are rooting for me to buy more than my standard 6 pack this year. Especially since I still have 5 left over from last year. Yeah, the sixth one got opened by accident.

I need a jack and coke to drown my sorrows.....

You should contact their development team and inform them they need to make the packages easier to open. Someone like you doesn't even get a chance to use them because you can't get them out in time for them to be effective...

pedro
07-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Crest toothpaste

Hellmann's mayonnaise

agreed.

a lot of the other mayonnaise's made with canola oil taste like miracle whip to me. and miracle whip is some nasty stuff.

MrsHammer
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
To those of you who mentioned Fruit of the Loom, thank you for keeping me employed! (I work at FTL corporate hq). Some of my faves are:

Oil of Olay (facial products and body wash)
Yoplait
Suave hair care products

rotnoid
07-19-2007, 02:40 PM
agreed.

a lot of the other mayonnaise's made with canola oil taste like miracle whip to me. and miracle whip is some nasty stuff.

My mother-in-law used to try to pull a switch and put generic mayonnaise in a Hellmann's jar. Never worked on me. I know what good mayonnaise tastes like... and Miracle Whip ain't it.

gm
07-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby!

http://www.gluethemoose.com/graphics/B3.JPG

Nice. I'll reckon there's a few more of these in Nashville/LA than in the Portland area...and I've heard it takes 4 roadies to move 'em from gig to gig

vaticanplum
07-23-2007, 01:35 AM
I just noticed that my beloved record player is a Crosley. How about that! I know that its previous owner had it in New York for at least 40 years before she bestowed it upon me. Not sure if anybody had it before that...not sure how I missed the name these last few years either. It's on a metal plate right in front.

Degenerate39
07-23-2007, 02:02 AM
:cool:
http://www.scamcity.co.uk/journal/images/pimpjuice2.jpg

sonny
07-23-2007, 04:13 AM
New Balance
Life Cereal
Kinkos Color Copies
Jack Nicholson Joker Smilex
Fender Guitars
Marshall Amps
MLB (Sony's Baseball video game series)
Bond's "Flax seed oil"

oneupper
07-23-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm one of those crazy people who holds a lot of rewards cards, always gets miles credited, etc...
Give me points, miles and/or money back, I'm usually happy.

Coke -in a plastic bottle. NO FOUNTAIN DRINKS, please.
Swissair
Apple Inc (formerly Apple Computer)
Jockey Briefs
Dockers
Harina PAN
Dollar Rent-A-Car
Hilton Hotels
Domino's Pizza
E*Trade Financial
Florsheim Shoes (I buy the same dress shoes, wear them out, get the same model again...)
Lowestfare.com
Canon Cameras

on the blacklist (wil never do business with again):
Alamo Rent-A-Car
SunTrust Banks

Reds Nd2
07-26-2007, 04:28 PM
To those of you who mentioned Fruit of the Loom, thank you for keeping me employed! (I work at FTL corporate hq). Some of my faves are:

Oil of Olay (facial products and body wash)
Yoplait
Suave hair care products
Fruit of the Loom? Ugh, your the enemy. :) Seriously, I was thinking the same thing about those who mentioned various products from Hanes, Champion, Playtex, etc. Thanks for all of the support. (I work for Hanes Brands Inc.)

Favorite Brands:
Hanes boxers/briefs
Champion socks
Hanes tagless tee's
Chicago Cubs :devil:
Glock semi-automatic handguns
Ruger single action handguns
Benelli shotguns
Jim Beam bourbon

Red Leader
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Fruit of the Loom? Ugh, your the enemy. :) Seriously, I was thinking the same thing about those who mentioned various products from Hanes, Champion, Playtex, etc. Thanks for all of the support. (I work for Hanes Brands Inc.)

Favorite Brands:
Hanes boxers/briefs
Champion socks
Hanes tagless tee's
Chicago Cubs :devil:
Glock semi-automatic handguns
Ruger single action handguns
Benelli shotguns
Jim Beam bourbon

So drinking Jim Beam and then shooting guns in your Hanes boxers would be a "good" day for you, huh? :laugh:

Reds Nd2
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
So drinking Jim Beam and then shooting guns in your Hanes boxers would be a "good" day for you, huh? :laugh:
A mans got to do something to keep entertained during the off season. :laugh:

gonelong
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I ran across these pillows one day and thought I'd give them a try. The Mrs. and I both love them, so much so that we ordered another set and put them in the closet, just in case. We've had them for about 6 months. For the price I don't think you can go wrong, and I'd happily pay double for them.

Serta Memory Foam Contour Pillows (Set of 2)
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Serta-Memory-Foam-Contour-Pillows-Set-of-2/1659830/product.html

Overstock has them right now for $14.95 with $2.95 shipping.

If you do purchase them, 2 hints:
1. Let them air out for a few days before you use them, strong "plasticky" smell out of the box.
2. Use them for a few weeks before you give up on them. I loved them from the get-go. The Mrs. needed a week or so before she was on board.

GL

bucksfan
03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Smartwool hiking socks. Perfect combination of warmth, softness, breathability, and durability. There may be other good ones out there, but this product has given me no reason to look further.

klw
03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
For the new parents on the board, I have to say its 365 and 7th Generation Diapers. Our son has never had a single diaper rash with them.

Sean_CaseyRules
03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Smartwool hiking socks. Perfect combination of warmth, softness, breathability, and durability. There may be other good ones out there, but this product has given me no reason to look further.

My dad got some of these from his work, and I wore some to football, and even in the summer, they wick the sweat away from your feet which help with blisters and stuff! They are AMAZING!

OldRightHander
03-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Bose headphones.

Ravenlord
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Captain Morgan
Eagle Claw hooks

George Anderson
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Nikken Magnetic therapy has worked wonders for my back problems. I first tried the shoe inserts ten years ago and my horrible back at the time has been perfect ever since. Its truly a bizarre and amazing thing!!!

You can buy the items on Ebay for whatever physical ailments you may be having.

SunDeck
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Felco #2 pruners.
http://www.felcostore.com/images/products/F2.jpg

There is no substitute for Felco.

Also-
Kubota small tractors.
Red Wing work boots. I have a pair that is 15 years old.
Danner hiking boots.
Bjorn shoes.
Keen sandals.
Levis 505.
Quest shirts.
Speedo swim goggles. (Say no to Nike- their goggles hug it)
Toyota SR5 engines.
Kohler small engines.
Stanley hand tools.
Ryobi compact power tools.

MWM
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Green Giant vegetables. :)
Any and all Fiber One products!!!!!

BRM
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Also-
Kubota small tractors.

WilyMoRocks will flip when he sees that. ;)

Kubota certainly makes a good tractor. So does John Deere and Case in my opinion.

I'll add Jasper remanufactured engines.

wheels
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
The Nick Osborne Personal Training System.

Roy Tucker
03-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I can vouch for the sharpness of Felco #2 pruners. I've tried to cut the tip of my finger off twice and have 14 stitches to prove it. The same finger.

OXO Good Grip can opener - I ditched my electric can opener after using this.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I don't know what it is made of, but it is amazing.

And I wouldn't be a guy if I didn't mention Duct Tape and Gorilla Glue.

BRM
03-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Gorilla Glue...good call.

RollyInRaleigh
03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Under Armour cold and heat gear.
Rawlings Heart of the Hide baseball gloves.
New Era fitted caps
Russell sweat shirts
Jack Daniels Single Barrel whiskey (I'm not much of a drinker, but a shot of this on a cold winter night is about as smooth as it gets)
Mizuno grain flow forged irons. (speaking of smooth, like butter when you are on)
Home Grown tomatoes
Great lingerie for your woman.

RFS62
03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Sony Bravia XBR

Wilson A2000

Titleist ProV1x

dabvu2498
03-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Captain Morgan
Eagle Claw hooks

At the same time, no doubt.

I'll go with Pfleuger reels, to stick with a fishing theme.

RollyInRaleigh
03-18-2008, 04:32 PM
I like all those things, too, RFS62!

Highlifeman21
03-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Sony Bravia XBR

Wilson A2000

Titleist ProV1x

I thought the ones you used had feathers in the middle?

And admit it, you helped pick out the names for the cleek, mashie, niblick, jigger, brassie, spoon, rake, rutter and tracker.

RFS62
03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
I thought the ones you used had feathers in the middle?

And admit it, you helped pick out the names for the cleek, mashie, niblick, jigger, brassie, spoon, rake, rutter and tracker.

What's your point? You don't like those names? Hey, we were young and whimsical, not like you young guys going with boring numbers.

I happen to have most of those in my collection. No featherie, though. That would be way cool.

deltachi8
03-18-2008, 07:07 PM
beer.

SunDeck
03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
WilyMoRocks will flip when he sees that. ;)

Kubota certainly makes a good tractor. So does John Deere and Case in my opinion.

I'll add Jasper remanufactured engines.

I didn't say anything about big tractors, something I don't know much about. I spent years sitting on top of Kubotas though- they're unbeatable for landscaping work IMO.

Highlifeman21
03-18-2008, 07:13 PM
What's your point? You don't like those names? Hey, we were young and whimsical, not like you young guys going with boring numbers.

I happen to have most of those in my collection. No featherie, though. That would be way cool.

It's just my jealousy talkin'...

I wanna find one of those dirt molds they used back in the day before tees. Just cuz.

GAC
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/flowbee1/flowbee.jpg

My brother has one, and when we went down there he gave the kids a haircut. Of course I am skeptical of a majority of the "As Seen On TV" products; but this thing really works and does an excellent job. We've had one for several years now.

They are very easy to use, and you can't give yourself a bad haircut. It attaches to your vacuum cleaner, so you really need a good vac that has solid suction. But for the $50, you'll pay for it after a 2-3 haircuts.

03-19-2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.bestofasseenontv.com/flowbee1/flowbee.jpg

My brother has one, and when we went down there he gave the kids a haircut. Of course I am skeptical of a majority of the "As Seen On TV" products; but this thing really works and does an excellent job. We've had one for several years now.

They are very easy to use, and you can't give yourself a bad haircut. It attaches to your vacuum cleaner, so you really need a good vac that has solid suction. But for the $50, you'll pay for it after a 2-3 haircuts.

Here is what I use, and it costs less than your system.:)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000BUUVTE.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BRM
03-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I didn't say anything about big tractors, something I don't know much about. I spent years sitting on top of Kubotas though- they're unbeatable for landscaping work IMO.

Ah, you were only referring to the oversized garden tractors. Gotcha. In that case, I agree completely. The smaller Kubota's are great for landscaping and general yard work.

SunDeck
03-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Ah, you were only referring to the oversized garden tractors.

I never thought of them as garden tractors, but okay. The problem with other so called compact tractors is that they just aren't very, well, compact. And once you get down to one that's the same size as, say, a Kubota L series, you don't get the same power. I don't know how they do it, I was always amazed at how hard a Kubota could work.

Besides, WilyMo can rest easy- even the M series are still relatively small. Kubota's niche is specialty ag operations, like nurseries, orchards- not the vast fields of American mega farms.

BRM
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Oversized garden tractors is just a name I give them for fun. A friend of mine calls them garden tractors on steroids. :)

You are referring to like the B or BX-series types? 20-30 hp or so?

SunDeck
03-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Oversized garden tractors is just a name I give them for fun. A friend of mine calls them garden tractors on steroids. :)

You are referring to like the B or BX-series types? 20-30 hp or so?

We had a 1984 L series, 35 hp IIRC. And I'm pretty sure the company still has it for lawn and commercial installations.

On the smaller end, the one I really am thinking of, was indeed a B20, FWD, 20 hp. It was such a great tractor; I know of three friends still in the business with old B series. What I liked about them was the FWD. When you are working on the uneven surfaces often encountered in landscaping, the FWD saves a lot of hand loading and grading.

westofyou
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Leatherman
Peets Coffee
NHL Hockey
Graeters Ice Cream
Mozilla Software
Columbia Outdoors wear
Tillamook Cheese
Gary Fischer Bikes

BRM
03-19-2008, 10:22 AM
We had a 1984 L series, 35 hp IIRC. And I'm pretty sure the company still has it for lawn and commercial installations.

On the smaller end, the one I really am thinking of, was indeed a B20, FWD, 20 hp. It was such a great tractor; I know of three friends still in the business with old B series. What I liked about them was the FWD. When you are working on the uneven surfaces often encountered in landscaping, the FWD saves a lot of hand loading and grading.

I looked at the L series a couple of years ago. The one I nearly bought was 35 hp. Very good tractor but I couldn't afford it at the time. Those are considered Utility, aren't they? I think Compact more refers to the B series.

minus5
03-19-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.brandish.com/images/ironinfiretop_06.jpg

This one's cool

SunDeck
03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
I looked at the L series a couple of years ago. The one I nearly bought was 35 hp. Very good tractor but I couldn't afford it at the time. Those are considered Utility, aren't they? I think Compact more refers to the B series.

Yeah, I think L series are utility. And ironically, I remember seeing them used by a lot of utility companies for roadside work. Landscapers who do a lot of larger scale stuff use L series, but by far I think it's likely that if a landscaper owns a Kubota it's a B series.
My favorite tractor ever (here you go, Wilymo) was an old Deere 420 utility. I think it was about a 1954 or so. It's actually what I learned to drive on when I was about 15 and working at a large church on the west side. It would probably have been a good tractor for truck farming, but we used it for just about everything you could think of, grave digging, mowing, loading. I think they got it from one of the local nursery/greenhouses in Delhi.

BRM
03-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I think L series are utility. And ironically, I remember seeing them used by a lot of utility companies for roadside work. Landscapers who do a lot of larger scale stuff use L series, but by far I think it's likely that if a landscaper owns a Kubota it's a B series.
My favorite tractor ever (here you go, Wilymo) was an old Deere 420 utility. I think it was about a 1954 or so. It's actually what I learned to drive on when I was about 15 and working at a large church on the west side. It would probably have been a good tractor for truck farming, but we used it for just about everything you could think of, grave digging, mowing, loading. I think they got it from one of the local nursery/greenhouses in Delhi.

I love those older tractors. They were definitely built to last. I have a 1952 Farmall Super M. It still runs strong and I use it quite a bit.

Lots of folks out here in the rural areas have B series Kubota's. They use them for driveway maintenance, snow removal, and general landscaping. It's probably the most popular for the smaller rural lots, less than 10 acres or so.

SunDeck
03-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Here's my kid on an old Massey Ferguson at the county fair. The old guy let him ride it in the opening day parade after he overheard him telling some lady about the three point hitch and the PTO.

He still talks himself to sleep over that experience.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1234/1056652004_58af16a7e2.jpg?v=0

BRM
03-19-2008, 11:04 AM
That's pretty cool Sundeck! My daughters are always bugging me to teach them how to drive the old Farmall. The problem is, it doesn't have power steering so I really don't think they can handle it. It just gives me an excuse to find another old tractor that does have power steering. ;)