PDA

View Full Version : So - I got a $50 gift card to MLB.com back on Christmas.

TC81190
01-28-2007, 02:41 PM
What should it go towards, RZers? :)

Highlifeman21
01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
A Cubs hat, so you can piss on it.

TC81190
01-28-2007, 07:45 PM
A Cubs hat, so you can piss on it.

I could, or I could alternatively burn it.

The hype is true, their fans are incredibly dim-witted.

Anyway, I was thinking '07 home jersey, maybe Arroyo.

Jpup
01-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Reds jersey. I plan on getting a Encarnacion jersey sometime this spring.

justincredible
01-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Definitely put it towards a new jersey.

edabbs44
01-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Jersey, but someone who you know will be around for a while. I'd say go EdE or go home.

Redlegs
01-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Something else to think about, get a new jersey and have one of the past greats put on it such as Rose, Bench, Concepcion, etc.

TeamSelig
01-28-2007, 09:23 PM
EdE jersey

Cyclone792
01-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Authentic jerseys are absolutely amazing. Replica jerseys are well ... merely replicas. I never realized how much quality and detail was left off the replica jerseys until I compared them to an authentic side-by-side. The number and lettering detail isn't included in the replicas, and sometimes not even the sleeve patches are stitched on. If you want a truly sweet jersey and can afford the price, the authentic is easily king.

However, if you plan on wearing the jersey frequently - especially to games, which constitutes about 95 percent of the time I wear one of my jerseys - you'll probably be better off with a replica. I've had too many close calls down at GABP and other stadiums with idiots sitting near me just seemingly trying to spill half their beer or 32 ounce soft drink all over me while I'm wearing a jersey. You'd be amazed how often something like that tends to happen while wearing something that you absolutely don't want ruined.

Jpup
01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Authentic jerseys are absolutely amazing. Replica jerseys are well ... merely replicas. I never realized how much quality and detail was left off the replica jerseys until I compared them to an authentic side-by-side. The number and lettering detail isn't included in the replicas, and sometimes not even the sleeve patches are stitched on. If you want a truly sweet jersey and can afford the price, the authentic is easily king.

However, if you plan on wearing the jersey frequently - especially to games, which constitutes about 95 percent of the time I wear one of my jerseys - you'll probably be better off with a replica. I've had too many close calls down at GABP and other stadiums with idiots sitting near me just seemingly trying to spill half their beer or 32 ounce soft drink all over me while I'm wearing a jersey. You'd be amazed how often something like that tends to happen while wearing something that you absolutely don't want ruined.

I agree. I paid 140+ dollars for a Kearns jersey and have wore it 2 times. Hopefully, when I get my new home, I can get him to sign it and I'll hang it framed on the wall. I love the authentics, but they are not good to wear all the time because of cleaning issues. If you wash them at home, they are going to fall apart and not look as good as you would hope IMO. If you plan to wear the jersey, I think the replica is a good choice. If you have plenty of money, I guess, it doesn't matter. The other problem is that the replicas are 100 bucks anyway.

It's a tough choice.

George Anderson
01-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Put it on the Colts this Sunday and double your money!!!!:thumbup:

HumnHilghtFreel
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I really like THIS (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1867450&cp=1452348)

i_heart_jason
01-29-2007, 10:48 AM
i vote jersey too.

FutureRedsGM
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I got my roommate the same thing for Christmas. Unfortuantely, he's a freaking cardinals fan so I'm sure he'll be sporting a new pujols jersey this year!!

savafan
01-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I really like THIS (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1867450&cp=1452348)

That is pretty sweet! :thumbup:

Unassisted
01-29-2007, 05:46 PM
You could put it toward an MLB.TV subscription.

tripleaaaron
01-30-2007, 03:12 AM
I am holding out for the Midseason '07 Homer Bailey Uniform, it fits.
A New Uniform- A New face of the organization.

Cyclone792
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I am holding out for the Midseason '07 Homer Bailey Uniform, it fits.
A New Uniform- A New face of the organization.

I have a blank jersey that I'm going to have a name/number custom stitched on very shortly, and I thought about going with Homer Bailey. IIRC, he's worn #22 in Dayton and Chattanooga and #21 in Sarasota, and I was hoping to take a guess with one of his minor league numbers.

Unfortunately, on the big club Hatteberg wears #21 and Eric Freakin' Milton wears #22 so I really have no idea what number Bailey might wear once he gets called up this season. Also, Milton should be gone after this season, and Bailey could decide to change his number and claim #22 once Milton leaves.

tripleaaaron
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I have a blank jersey that I'm going to have a name/number custom stitched on very shortly, and I thought about going with Homer Bailey. IIRC, he's worn #22 in Dayton and Chattanooga and #21 in Sarasota, and I was hoping to take a guess with one of his minor league numbers.

Unfortunately, on the big club Hatteberg wears #21 and Eric Freakin' Milton wears #22 so I really have no idea what number Bailey might wear once he gets called up this season. Also, Milton should be gone after this season, and Bailey could decide to change his number and claim #22 once Milton leaves.

I know I pondered the same myself, but agonized over the guesswork, so I will just wait, unless somehow Milton is gone real soon:pray: :pray:

foxfire123
02-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I got my roommate the same thing for Christmas. Unfortuantely, he's a freaking cardinals fan so I'm sure he'll be sporting a new pujols jersey this year!!

HOW do you live with that? I'd be finding a new roommate. Or investing in a gross of duct tape rolls.

Highlifeman21
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Go retro with greatness.

33 on the back, and "Branyan" above it.

On a more serious note, how classic would it be if Homer somehow miraculously makes the big club out of ST and Milton gives him 22? Or Homer buys it from him?

Milton should just go Robinson Cano and vacate the number, as Cano did should The Rocket return to the Apple for one last hurrah.

Eric Milton, be more like Robinson Cano, and less like Eric Milton.

vaticanplum
02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Eric Milton, be more like Robinson Cano, and less like Eric Milton.

A fine piece of advice for all men.