PDA

View Full Version : What a great story, but

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8nRC6-YAU

Wal Mart has plans to move in and crush this poor kid. You know if everyone on here stopped shopping there.......

Blimpie
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Good for him...nice kid who "gets it."

pedro
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
nice story

Razor Shines
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8nRC6-YAU

Wal Mart has plans to move in and crush this poor kid. You know if everyone on here stopped shopping there.......

How would Wal Mart crush him? The town's people can decide not to shop at Wal Mart can't they? Isn't it up to them? If they decide to pay a little bit more to keep shopping there then he'll stay in business if they decide they'd rather shop at Wal Mart then he'll have to close. The report didn't say that he provided any other jobs, in fact it said that people volunteer there. I guess a small grocery that provides one job is what the "struggling community" needs.

He seems like a great kid and I hope for his sake he's able to stay in business, and he easily can if the town stays behind him when and if bigger box stores try to move in.

Johnny Footstool
01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Sad story, IMO.

George Foster
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
How would Wal Mart crush him? The town's people can decide not to shop at Wal Mart can't they? Isn't it up to them? If they decide to pay a little bit more to keep shopping there then he'll stay in business if they decide they'd rather shop at Wal Mart then he'll have to close. The report didn't say that he provided any other jobs, in fact it said that people volunteer there. I guess a small grocery that provides one job is what the "struggling community" needs.

He seems like a great kid and I hope for his sake he's able to stay in business, and he easily can if the town stays behind him when and if bigger box stores try to move in.

Wal-Mart does crush little businesses. They moved into our town and actually had their prices so low they took a loss, to drive everyone else out of business, then they jacked up their prices. Our Mal-Mart with the closest competition 18 miles away is one of the highest profit Wal-Marts in Kentucky.
Is it legal...sure. It's good business, but they do crush private business.

Razor Shines
01-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Wal-Mart does crush little businesses. They moved into our town and actually had their prices so low they took a loss, to drive everyone else out of business, then they jacked up their prices. Our Mal-Mart with the closest competition 18 miles away is one of the highest profit Wal-Marts in Kentucky.

So the people chose to shop at Wal-Mart. Like I said they could have decided to pay more and shop at the other "mom and pop" stores, but they decided to shop at Wal Mart. Everything you say may be true, but Wal Mart does not force anyone to shop in their stores.

durl
01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
We as Americans have a hard time making up our minds. We demand the widest selection and the lowest price possible, but we view the companies that give it to us as horrible. Don't get me wrong. It's sad when small businesses go under. I just believe that people should be free to make their choices with their wallets.

Johnny Footstool
01-31-2007, 01:58 PM

One answer is for Mom-and-Pop stores to offer a different selection than Wal-Mart. There are plenty of things you can't get at Wal-Mart. Mom and Pop just have to be smarter about the way they do business.

durl
01-31-2007, 02:59 PM
One answer is for Mom-and-Pop stores to offer a different selection than Wal-Mart. There are plenty of things you can't get at Wal-Mart. Mom and Pop just have to be smarter about the way they do business.

BINGO!

Find a need and meet the need better than anyone else. That's how you succeed in business.