PDA

View Full Version : Boo or Cheer Bonds???

George Anderson
01-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Should Barry Bonds happen to break Hank Aarons home run record at GABP and you happen to be in the stands, what will your reaction be???

dougdirt
01-31-2007, 02:44 AM
I boo Bonds loudly every time he comes to the plate, regardless of what the result.

WMR
01-31-2007, 02:51 AM
Do you really need a poll for this? Who in his or her right mind who rightly considers him or herself a Cincinnati Reds fan would do anything other than boo lustily every time Barry Bonds comes up to bat?

- WMR -

HumnHilghtFreel
01-31-2007, 03:00 AM
I chose the sit on my hands and yawn. Mainly because I think I'd be more dissapointed than mad enough to boo him for it.

WMR
01-31-2007, 03:38 AM
I chose the sit on my hands and yawn. Mainly because I think I'd be more dissapointed than mad enough to boo him for it.

That's a good explanation, Humn.

BoydsOfSummer
01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
I'd act like a Cubs fan in another teams park.

camisadelgolf
01-31-2007, 07:46 AM
If I'm the one who catches the ball, I'd be cheering very loudly.

MrCinatit
01-31-2007, 07:47 AM
I have been all Bonds-ed out. Tired of the guy. I see absolutely no reason in my wasting any time or energy in booing the guy when I can be cheering for the Reds instead.

George Anderson
01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Out of respect to the game and its great records I would cheer for any individual who broke a record whether they were a Red or not. Had I been at Riverfront when Aaron tied Ruths record in April of 1974 I would have stood and politely cheered out of respect to the great accomplishment I just witnessed. But with Bonds its a different story, his actions have tarnished the game and I cant begin to cheer for anything a guy like that does.

Z-Fly
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
I know this is bad to say but... I would boo him, but I would like to at least witness him passing Hank. Just for historic part of it.

Highlifeman21
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Throw a syringe at him should have been an option.

Red in Chicago
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
i would sit on my hands and yawn...not only does he love the cheers, but he also loves the boos...yawning gives him zero satisfaction:thumbup:

gonelong
01-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Where was the "throwing rocks" option? :)

HumnHilghtFreel
01-31-2007, 11:11 AM
i would sit on my hands and yawn...not only does he love the cheers, but he also loves the boos...yawning gives him zero satisfaction:thumbup:

Imagine how surreal it would be if not a person in the stands made a peep.

TOBTTReds
01-31-2007, 11:37 AM
This to me has nothing to do with him being on the opposing team. If any other player did it, that was innocent of being a complete jerk and taking steroids, I would cheer....even if it were Sir Albert the Great Prince Poo Holes.

George Anderson
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
This to me has nothing to do with him being on the opposing team. If any other player did it, that was innocent of being a complete jerk and taking steroids, I would cheer....even if it were Sir Albert the Great Prince Poo Holes.

While I consider Cubs fans in general to be idiots, when Rose tied Cobb in 85' I thought it was classy of them to cheer Rose like he was one of their own.

bounty37h
01-31-2007, 11:51 AM

I concur, and voted that way for the same reason.

thatcoolguy_22
01-31-2007, 01:15 PM
last year when the giants came to DC I took a day of leave, just to watch a giants/nationals game, so I could boo bonds. I was thinking that it would be my last opportunity. Also My grandfather is from pittsburgh so I've pretty much been against ole barry since 92 or 3 whenever he left

George Anderson
01-31-2007, 01:19 PM
If the numbers on this poll are accurate then I would say MLB is going to have a serious PR problem on their hands. If fans in the other cities around the league hold the same feelings towards Bonds as Cincinnati does then when Bonds breaks the record approximately 20,000 fans will be booing him, 15,000 or so fans will sit on their hands and say nothing while only 8,000 fans will actually cheer him. I would not put it past Bonds once he gets close to the record to sit on road trips until he returns to SF where they will no doubt cheer him like a hero.

flyer85
01-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Until MLB come cleans on their complicity during the steroid era they have to play along and Barry will be the new HR king.

George Anderson
01-31-2007, 11:38 PM
The Giants come to town only once this year on July 3,4 and 5. He would hafta stay healthy and have a good start to break the record here.

Probally not likely on either count!!

TOBTTReds
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
The Giants come to town only once this year on July 3,4 and 5. He would hafta stay healthy and have a good start to break the record here.

Probally not likely on either count!!

He will also need a contract that works!

bianchiveloce
02-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I went with "sitting on my hands and yawn."

Bonds made his bed hard, and now it's time for him to lie in it hard. It will be very interesting to see Bud's and MLB's reactions IF Bonds breaks the record.

In what would be a poetic justice, the baseball gods above would intervene somehow and Bonds falls short of the record.