PDA

View Full Version : I don't drink coffee...

Chip R
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
But if there was one of these places where I lived, I think I'd start.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003535398_coffeegirls22e.html

Pictures here:

http://www.greenllama.net/blog/2007/01/22/some-like-it-hot-cowgirls-espresso/

Caveat Emperor
02-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I think I'd lose my train of thought before I finished my order:

"I need a venti nonfat no whip....

...you know, better maket that an iced."

minus5
02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh boy would I be jittery

Yachtzee
02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Nice. It looks like one of the baristas shops for work clothes at Archie McPhee.

SunDeck
02-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Careful around the steamer ladies.

Here in Bloomington, our Baristas tend to look more like this:
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/1_ugly_people.jpg

harangatang
02-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Careful around the steamer ladies.

Here in Bloomington, our Baristas tend to look more like this:
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/1_ugly_people.jpg
I can only imagine the reaction of a screener at an airport if she was flying.

remdog
02-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I can only imagine the reaction of a screener at an airport if she was flying.

Airport!?! She don't need no stinkin' airport! She's already flyin'! :laugh:

Rem

dman
02-07-2007, 11:54 PM
I'll stick with my addiction to Caribou Coffee. It's a little tough on my wallet, but a lot less strenuous on my marriage.

macro
02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I've got a buddy in Redmon, WA. I sent him the link, just in case he's in the mood for a cup.

GAC
02-08-2007, 08:13 AM
They had a spot on this on the evening news the other night. And a feminist group was boycotting the store and saying it should be stopped. It was a degrading and deplorable depiction of women.

Now I know for a fact that there are some darn good looking, and down right beuatiful, feminist out there (am I a sexist pig for even saying that?).... so why is it that every time I see a situation like this on TV, and where a feminist is interviewed, they look like Rodney Dangerfield with breasts?

I'm sorry, but they are having a hard time winning their case. :mooner:

SunDeck
02-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I've got a buddy in Redmon, WA. I sent him the link, just in case he's in the mood for a cup.

A cup...you mean a C cup.

Couldn't resist.

15fan
02-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Our paper had a similar article a couple of weeks back.

And Sundeck's on to something: instead of short, tall and grande, they should definitely sell sizes like C, D, and DD.

Differentiate your business, I say.

And if it involves scantily clad females who are easy on the eyes, all the better.

SunDeck
02-08-2007, 09:00 AM

And Sundeck's on to something: instead of short, tall and grande, they should definitely sell sizes like C, D, and DD.

And if it involves scantily clad females who are easy on the eyes, all the better.

What would we call muffins?

Heath
02-08-2007, 09:08 AM
What would we call muffins?

Depends on the, umm, topping.

:bang:

(apologies to all)

macro
02-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Hey, I think you guys are onto something! They could just name the business "Cups", as in...er...coffee cups.

SunDeck
02-08-2007, 09:45 AM
"Cups n Muffins"

Johnny Footstool
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
They had a spot on this on the evening news the other night. And a feminist group was boycotting the store and saying it should be stopped. It was a degrading and deplorable depiction of women.

Now I know for a fact that there are some darn good looking, and down right beuatiful, feminist out there (am I a sexist pig for even saying that?).... so why is it that every time I see a situation like this on TV, and where a feminist is interviewed, they look like Rodney Dangerfield with breasts?

I'm sorry, but they are having a hard time winning their case. :mooner:

It could be that journalists like playing to stereotypes.

minus5
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM

Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!

westofyou
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Do they have good coffee?

Because that's all that really matters up here.

Chip R
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Do they have good coffee?

Because that's all that really matters up here.

I don't think it matters that much at a place like that. :evil:

westofyou
02-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think it matters that much at a place like that. :evil:

Bad coffee is a sin, I can ogle woman anywhere... getting the good cup of coffee is the goal.

Johnny Footstool
02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Do you mean like when something happens in NKY (especially Newport) and they seek out a large toothless woman dressed in a house-dress, who may well be drunk, to give her version of what happens?...every freaking time!

Exactly. It happens in Olathe, too. Whenever there's a crime, they seek out some addled, toothless stereotype to tell them that "the police just won't do anything".

Yachtzee
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Bad coffee is a sin, I can ogle woman anywhere... getting the good cup of coffee is the goal.

Before I visited Seattle, I would have begged to differ. But after visiting some of the non-Starbucks coffeeshops in Seattle, I agree 100%. The babes are nice, but I wouldn't go there if their coffee is of lesser quality than other options. The sight of attractive women in lingerie is fleeting, but the taste of bad coffee can stay with you all day.

I wish I could remember the name, but there was this independently-run place in West Seattle that was great.

Puffy
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah - I'd be Norm Peterson if I lived there.

Puff!!

rdiersin
02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Before I visited Seattle, I would have begged to differ. But after visiting some of the non-Starbucks coffeeshops in Seattle, I agree 100%. The babes are nice, but I wouldn't go there if their coffee is of lesser quality than other options. The sight of attractive women in lingerie is fleeting, but the taste of bad coffee can stay with you all day.

I wish I could remember the name, but there was this independently-run place in West Seattle that was great.

I'd agree too. Was it by chance Caffe Vita? When my wife and I were in Seattle for our honeymoon I was in heaven, being a coffee addict.

If some scantily clad women serve me chicken wings or something, I'd be ok with it, but coffeeshops are a solitary place in my book. A place for me to enjoy my coffee, book or paper, and my thoughts.

Yachtzee
02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I'd agree too. Was it by chance Caffe Vita? When my wife and I were in Seattle for our honeymoon I was in heaven, being a coffee addict.

If some scantily clad women serve me chicken wings or something, I'd be ok with it, but coffeeshops are a solitary place in my book. A place for me to enjoy my coffee, book or paper, and my thoughts.

I don't think that was it, but there are so many great coffeeshops in Seattle. I had great coffee every day and not once did I go to a Starbucks, even though you can't "swing a dead cat" without hitting one.

westofyou
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think that was it, but there are so many great coffeeshops in Seattle. I had great coffee every day and not once did I go to a Starbucks, even though you can't "swing a dead cat" without hitting one.

Starbucks is McCoffee in these parts.

I'ma Peets (http://www.peets.com/) guy myself, also like Stumptown (http://www.stumptowncoffee.com/)

pedro
02-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Starbucks is McCoffee in these parts.

I'ma Peets (http://www.peets.com/) guy myself, also like Stumptown (http://www.stumptowncoffee.com/)

I just had some K&F

http://kandfcoffee.com/

GAC
02-08-2007, 08:29 PM

Possibly. But the woman who was being interviewed was the head of the local chapter and acting as the spokesperson. So whose fault is it that she got on camera when attention was what she wanted?

Roy Tucker
02-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I likes me some scantily clad wimmen, but at a coffee place? Please. It's like a topless McDonalds.

rdiersin
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM

I was the same way, except I did go to the original Starbucks by Pike Place Market. I just kind of had to with the original mermaid logo and all. But other than that I had coffee everywhere else I could.

I just thought of that. The original Starbucks mermaid logo was topless, so maybe these other places are just going back to the roots. ;)