PDA

View Full Version : Movies that scared/freaked you out

Ltlabner
02-07-2007, 07:50 PM
A reference in a different thread to Jacob's Ladder by WOY reminded me of one truely freaky movie. I was weirded out by that movie for about a week after seeing it.

There was one sceen in Excorsist III that freaked me, or more accuratley, starteled the bajeebers out of me. The mummy/ghost thing with the big "head cutting off scisors" suddenly walking up behind the nurse. I about spewed an entire MGD out my nose when that happened. Even now there's a little knot in my stomach when I really stop and picture that sceen in my mind.

Those are about the only ones I can think of right now.

Others ?

RedsManRick
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Poltergeist when I was 6. Arachnophobia when I was 9. I still hate clowns and spiders.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
It's not really that scary of a movie, but when I was little the movie Child's Play kept me freaked out because my older brother had a dummy that I was assured would come to life and attempt to kill me. lol

Razor Shines
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
When my wife and I were still in college we rented The Ring when it came out on dvd. We watched it in her apartment in the middle of the day for some reason and it was odd looking day that day. And I swear her apartment phone rang just as the girl was coming out of the TV at the end. And what was weird about that was she had a cell phone and never used her landline and only had it for the internet and she wasn't even sure what the number was so that phone never rang. In fact that was the only time I ever heard that phone ring, and I answered it and it was some lady who had the wrong number. I've had a lot of people tell me that movie wasn't even that scary, so it must have just been us but we both were a little freaked out after and we still won't watch the second one.

vaticanplum
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Watcher in the Woods scared the living crap out of me for about ten or fifteen years. I actually went to confession about it because I didn't know what to do. There's a huge part of me that believes that movie is at least partly responsible for my almost lifelong insomnia.

GAC
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
As a small child.....

Margaret Hamilton as the witch in Wizard of Oz. I use to have nightmares.

Horror movies today are so graphic and leave nothing to the imagination IMO. My wife loves slasher movies. I can't stand them. These guys never die, no matter what you do. I liked the first Friday the 13th and the first Halloween. After that.... BLAH!

I remember going to see the Exorcist at the theater. For the time that was shocking. It is tame compared to today's standards.

I love Hitchcock movies. Janet Leigh and the shower scene had you coming out of your seat.

But as a child I loved the old Universal monster movies - Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman.

Handofdeath
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Two words that should strike fear into any serious movie watcher

Police Academy

edabbs44
02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
When a Stranger Calls.

My aunts used to baby-sit us and make us watch that movie every time. It still freaks me out.

RedsBaron
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Jaws

SunDeck
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
I am a career scaredy cat who generally stays away from movies that don't make me laugh.

Poseidon Adventure I was about seven when my stupid older brother took me to see it. The thing's not even scary, but I couldn't take it.
Jaws I swim in the ocean a lot, but I'm still just a li'l bit scared every time. Damn you, Steven Spielberg.
Carrie My god, there is nothing scarier than that movie.
Wizard of Oz Scary as all get out flying monkeys; need I say more?
Silence of the Lambs I buried my head in my wife's sleeve in the basement scene.
Alien In a movie theater, everyone heard me scream.
This list is actually about forty movies long, including some old ones that my wife has rented, starring Betty Davis. Man, that woman could scare me in a jello commercial.

Highlifeman21
02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw the latest version of The Omen in theaters this summer, and that movie freaked me out. (I'm not one for the scary stuff)

Every scene where they showed him in the mirrors freaked me out, and then when the dogs attacked them, that freaked me out as well.

I think I left my skirt in my other golf bag...

Falls City Beer
02-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Watcher in the Woods scared the living crap out of me for about ten or fifteen years. I actually went to confession about it because I didn't know what to do. There's a huge part of me that believes that movie is at least partly responsible for my almost lifelong insomnia.

W in the Woods freaked me out somewhat, too, and I was like 15 when I saw it, so I had no excuse.

Yachtzee
02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Halloween III: Season of the Witch - There's a scene involving a family with a kid wearing a halloween mask that really just didn't sit well with me.

Chip R
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
The Posiden Adventure really scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Never mind that I lived nowhere near an ocean or that I was about as likely to sprout wings than to take a cruise or that even if I were on a cruise, that would happen. But it just terrified the crap out of me. I wouldn't watch it for years. Now I watch it I get a kick out of Leslie Nielson as the captain. I know it's a serious part but I keep expecting him to go into his Frank Drebin character. :lol:

On a side note, one time when I was in college, I went to the student union on a Sunday night to watch my all time favorite movie, All The President's Men. If you've seen the movie, towards the latter part of it, there are some very suspenseful scenes that take place in the dark. Anyway, after the movie was over I was leaving. It was dark and quiet and a couple was right ahead of me. I accidentally scraped the bottom of my shoe against the pavement and the girl must have jumped a foot. :lol:

Degenerate39
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
The first time I saw the Exorcist it was really creepy now not so much.

BUTLER REDSFAN
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
i'm 41 and to this day i have no desire to see the exorcist uncut. It's unnerving enough edited. I know its a well made movie but if i see 10 minutes of it i feel like taking a shower afterwards....also the scene at the end of the Hannibal movie where Hannibal apparently is giving the kid a piece of brain on the airplane is just repugnant.

Tommyjohn25
02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm not easily scared, but there was one particular scene in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" that really got to me and the Misses. For those of you that have seen it, it's the scene when her boyfriend wakes up in the middle of the night to find Emily stuck in a twisted position on the floor laying completely motionless. I really don't know how to explain it, but the way the scene was done made both of us comment out loud saying things i can't repeat on this board.

Redsfaithful
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Jacob's Ladder gave me nightmares, and that's really rare.

Saw freaked me out too, haven't seen either of the sequels. I think part of that was that I just wasn't expecting it to be quite that intense, and expectations have a lot to do with these sorts of movies.

dougdirt
02-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm not easily scared, but there was one particular scene in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" that really got to me and the Misses. For those of you that have seen it, it's the scene when her boyfriend wakes up in the middle of the night to find Emily stuck in a twisted position on the floor laying completely motionless. I really don't know how to explain it, but the way the scene was done made both of us comment out loud saying things i can't repeat on this board.

I am completely with you on that one. I have watched that movie 1 time, and if I have anything to do with it, it will be the last time I ever watch that movie. There are a few things I dont deal with, ghosts/spirits/demons are at the top of that list.
Poltergeist really messed me up as a child as well... and that movie 'White Noise' freaks me out.... going back to that whole ghosts thing...

letsgojunior
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Jaws and Cape Fear freaked me out when I was younger.

macro
02-07-2007, 11:33 PM
The original Nightmare On Elm Street

I went to see this when I was 18 with a girl who lived in another town. My drive home alone after taking her home was about 45 minutes. The thought of Fred Kreuger gave me the willies all the way home, and even after I got home. That movie stayed with me for days!

Of course, beginning with the first sequel, they turned Kreuger into a cartoonish character that people just laughed at, but when his appearance was still a mystery in the original, he was scary.

This one may surprise some people, but how many of you have seen Mulholland Drive? If you only watch it one time, you probably will make no sense of it, and will consider it one of the worst movies you've ever seen. It takes multiple viewings and some reading at some of the Web sites that are dedicated to explaining and theorizing about this movie.

Now that I have taken the time to read the explanations and watch the movie five or six times (it becomes addictive), I consider this one of the best I've ever seen. I get chills at the thought of the name "Diane Selwyn". This one gets into your head and stays there!

Roy Tucker
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Back in the day, me and the guys piled in my old junker and went to the drive-in to see a horror triple-header.

One of the movies was "Night of the Living Dead". It very unexpectedly scared the ever-luvin' crap out of all of us supposed he-men.

dman
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
"Deliverance" totally freaked me out. Made me not want to go whitewater rafting for a while. When that hand came up out of the water, that just did it for me, not to mention "I'm gonna' make you squeal like a pig boy".

SunDeck
02-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Jaws and Cape Fear freaked me out when I was younger.

Original Cape Fear or the remake?

My wife and I watched the remake and we both thought it wasn't so scary because it's all too obvious.
The original one, with Robert Mitchum, we thought was better. His acting made DeNiro's look more like a caricature.

15fan
02-08-2007, 09:00 AM
My wife made me sit through The Devil Wears Prada a couple of weeks ago. :barf:

I'm still having nightmares.

RFS62
02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000065V3R.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Edskin
02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Halloween.

I consider it arguably one of the 10-20 best movies of all time. To me, simplicity is the most scary thing of all. It's a simple plot. Insane murderer comes back to his old suburbs to kill people. The original was done so incredibly well; they set the scenes so perfectly. Michael Myers remains the one movie "monster" that still makes me want to turn on the lights at night. And the music....oh man.

KittyDuran
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
"Deliverance" totally freaked me out. Made me not want to go whitewater rafting for a while. When that hand came up out of the water, that just did it for me, not to mention "I'm gonna' make you squeal like a pig boy".Same here. It was on AMC a couple days ago. It's one of the movies that I feel compelled to watch. Another is Sleeping With the Enemy (even tho' I know how the ending will be - the last 10-15 has me peeking behind the hand).

As a small child.....

Margaret Hamilton as the witch in Wizard of Oz. I use to have nightmares.
Yep... and of course, the movie came on every year. Just like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (which had parts that were scaring for a young'un).

durl
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Robocop. (Under the "freaked out" category)

I've seen plenty of violent movies but it left me feeling disgusted afterwards.

Johnny Footstool
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
The original version of "The Hitcher" freaked me out. The scene with Jennifer Jason Leigh tied up between two trucks really got to me.

I was also freaked out by "The Empire Strikes Back" -- I was sure I had just seen Han Solo die, then a few minutes later Luke gets his hand cut off. When you're 8, that's brutal.

Yachtzee
02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
The original version of "The Hitcher" freaked me out. The scene with Jennifer Jason Leigh tied up between two trucks really got to me.

I was also freaked out by "The Empire Strikes Back" -- I was sure I had just seen Han Solo die, then a few minutes later Luke gets his hand cut off. When you're 8, that's brutal.

That scene from the "Hitcher" got to me too.

When I was a kid, I had a Star Wars poster from Burger Chef on my wall with a giant Darth Vader head on it. At night, when moonlight would shine through the window onto the poster, it would scare the bejeebus out of me. I would hold my breath in hopes that Darth Vader would think I was already dead and would pass me by.

minus5
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
The movie The Brood freaked me out when I was 16.

The Exorcist freaked me out and that one wasn't the big shocks, like the turning head that did it but the little stuff like her voice and the way she giggled...freaked me out but good.

When I saw Black Sabbath (the Italian Boris Karloff movie) as a kid there were a few scenes that freaked me out. The dead woman laying in bed gave me serious willies.

westofyou
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
When I was 13 a local dad took about 15 of us to see the Exorcist at the Gold Circle Mall.

I slept with the lights on that night.

The scariest?

Night and Fog.

People are scary.

westofyou
02-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Halloween.

I consider it arguably one of the 10-20 best movies of all time. To me, simplicity is the most scary thing of all. It's a simple plot. Insane murderer comes back to his old suburbs to kill people. The original was done so incredibly well; they set the scenes so perfectly. Michael Myers remains the one movie "monster" that still makes me want to turn on the lights at night. And the music....oh man.

Saw it in the theater, opening night.

Noises at night whilst babysitting the siblings was never the same.

nate
02-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Howdy

i thought The Blair Witch Project was pretty creepy, not scary, just creepy.

The original Exorcist was scary. I vaguely recollect a scene where I think one of the priests is walking down the street and all of the sudden they flash the demon's face on the screen...was not expecting that!

As mentioned earlier, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is kind of like Blair Witch in that its creepy rather than scary.

I remember when the Amityville Horror came out and "In Search Of" (or a show like that) did an episode about the house. They talked about how the dad of the house became obsessed with fires in the fireplace. They showed a scene where he was building a fire and they had drawn a demonic face inside the fireplace. Although it was a "TV trick" I was pretty creeped out by it as a lad.

In retrospect, the face in the fireplace looked like arch-Super Friends rival Solomon Grundy.

Edskin
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Noises at night whilst babysitting the siblings was never the same.

WOY captures in that one sentence what really makes a movie "scary" to me.

Movies like the Exorcist and Amittyville might make me squirm in my seat a bit while I'm actually watching it. But deep down, it isn't "real" to me. I don't really believe in devil possession or haunted houses-- and hey if there IS a haunted house, just leave!! But with Halloween, while it is of course, seriously dramatized-- it COULD happen. Crazy dude escapes asylum-- decides to kill people. Pretty simple. The imagery they used to have his mask appear out of the shadows is haunting.

Of course, they turned Michael Myers and the Halloween sequels in slasher-movie jokes, but the original is the best ever, IMO.

Also, I could use some help here...

I saw a movie a long time ago that freaked me out pretty good. But I can't remember the name or any real specific details. All I can remember is that one of the main bad dudes would occasionally get a nose-bleed when he was about to do something bad-- and that gave him away at one point. I know that isn't much to go on, but if it rings a bell with anyone, I'd appreciate the name!

dabvu2498
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
If nobody's mentioned The Shining yet, I will.

minus5
02-08-2007, 11:02 AM
If nobody's mentioned The Shining yet, I will.

The book freaked me out way more than the movie but it gets my wife everytime. She says that it really messed her up when it first came out since she had young twin sisters at the time.

Johnny Footstool
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I remember when the Amityville Horror came out and "In Search Of" (or a show like that) did an episode about the house.

About 75% of the episodes of "In Search Of" creeped me out. Amityville, UFOs, life after death, Bigfoot -- those things haunted my grade school years.

TeamCasey
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
This one may surprise some people, but how many of you have seen Mulholland Drive? If you only watch it one time, you probably will make no sense of it, and will consider it one of the worst movies you've ever seen. It takes multiple viewings and some reading at some of the Web sites that are dedicated to explaining and theorizing about this movie.

I watched it, hated it, didn't get it ....... pretty much everything you just said. :laugh:

TeamCasey
02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
The movie The Brood freaked me out when I was 1.

Was that where the kids didn't have belly buttons?

minus5
02-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Was that where the kids didn't belly buttons?

Yeah the little kid/things attacked people. It was a Cronenberg film...dude is wacky.

TeamCasey
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I was a Saturday Morning Monster movie matinee freak as a kid. Still love horror movies.

The two that frightened me the most as a kid were The Birds and The Blob. I wouldn't go outside if there were birds on the lawn and I stopped going near our heat registers in the house.

Blimpie
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
When I was a kid, Rosemary's Baby made me crap my britches...well, like a baby.

TeamCasey
02-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I guess my Saturday Morning Monster Movie Matinee was a central NY thing.

"MONSTER MOVIE MATINEE
RT posted recently about her favorite Saturday morning cartoons. Back in the days before all day kid-oriented cable stations (Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network etc.), Saturday morning was primetime for cartoons. In the comments, I chimed in with my personal favs. I also had to mention the show I capped off my Saturday morning TV ritual with: Monster Movie Matinee.

Monster Movie Matinee was a local show on channel 3 in Syracuse, NY. It showed a lot of the horror classics: the Universal horror movies from the 30s and 40s, the Brit films that starred Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee, 50s sci-fi flicks like This Island Earth, and even the Japanese monster movies.

The movies were hosted by Dr. E. Nick Witty and his assistant Epal. Except for his hand (complete with long fingernails and large rings), Witty was never seen. The reason given was that an accident had left his face horribly disfigured. Epal wore an eyepatch and had huge, softball-size stitiches on his face.

The host segments followed a story arc that progressed over weeks or even months. While Witty periodically made reference to his "tale of terror" or "tale of the macabre," the hosts never made direct references to the movie being shown that week.

I watched Monster Movie Matinee from the late 60s until the late 70s. I suppose it would be cheesy by today's standards, but it'd be cool to see it again. I wonder whether the TV station saved any of the tapes? Anyway, I was doing a little searching on the net for Monster Movie Matinee when I found a site created by artist Joseph Capuana, dedicated to that show and an earlier Syracuse horror host named Baron Daemon. The site features pictures and audio from both shows. If you're a current or former Syracusan, you might enjoy a little detour down memory lane.

If you're interested in the horror movie hosts of yesteryear, you might want to check out the web site for American Scary, an upcoming documentary about horror hosts. Maybe you'll find the host there who scared you as a child."

pedro
02-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I thought Ben Kingsley in "Sexy Beast" was very creepy.

I agree about Halloween & Stranger in the House.

westofyou
02-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess my Saturday Morning Monster Movie Matinee was a central NY thing.
Nope, in Detroit they showed em at 1:00 Saturday Afternoons, it was called "The Creature Feature"

minus5
02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
We had the Creature Feature here in Cincy also. Had Shock Theater too and then Scream-In, hosted by The Cool Ghoul on Saturday nights.

minus5
02-08-2007, 01:42 PM
a I wonder whether the TV station saved any of the tapes?

Tapes of locally produced TV are pretty hard to find. The tapes were considered expensive and were usually re-used by the tv stations. It's a shame. Thanks for the info, I'm a fan of the old horror movie hosts so that looks pretty interesting.

Yachtzee
02-08-2007, 03:09 PM
In the Cleveland-Akron area, there were a couple of late-night horror film shows:

Big Chuck and Little John (still on) - The show involved movies interspersed with dated Cleveland-based comedy sketches. They used to show a variety of horror films, from the truly scary to the campy. The Harryhausen Dracula movies with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing were pretty scary, but then the next week its "Blacula," which was much more campy than scary.

Ghoulardi - He would show older horror movies and make a lot of jokes about Parma.

The Ghoul - later arrival after Ghoulardi retired. More of a dingbat and would show some really bizarre stuff. Has a long running feud with Ghoulardi, who claims the Ghoul ripped of his act.

minus5
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Goulardi is a legend. Played by Ernie Anderson who went on to do a ton of voice over work He did a lot fo promos for ABC on stuff such as The Love Boat.

In Indy they had Sammy Terry, another legend.

westofyou
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Tapes of locally produced TV are pretty hard to find. The tapes were considered expensive and were usually re-used by the tv stations. It's a shame. Thanks for the info, I'm a fan of the old horror movie hosts so that looks pretty interesting.

The wonders of old tape still trump the ugliness of the Kiniscope image.

Redsfaithful
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM

Now that I have taken the time to read the explanations and watch the movie five or six times (it becomes addictive), I consider this one of the best I've ever seen. I get chills at the thought of the name "Diane Selwyn". This one gets into your head and stays there!

I watched Lost Highway (another of David Lynch's movies) one night at like 2
in the morning, and although I had little idea of what I'd just seen it really made it tough to go to sleep afterwards.

minus5
02-08-2007, 03:37 PM
The wonders of old tape still trump the ugliness of the Kiniscope image.

Absolutely! Tapes made life a whole lot easier when they came along. Since a kiniscope was just a recording off of a monitor, re-broadcasting them was horrible looking.

It is just a shame that most of those old tapes have vanished over the years. There's a ton of old TV I'd love to see again.

zombie-a-go-go
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Eraserhead, since we're on Lynch.

And the original Nightmare on Elm Street - I saw it when I was 11 after my 'rents specifically forbade me from seeing it.

My bedroom at the time was in the basement, with the furnace... yeah, I didn't sleep for three nights. :)

minus5
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Eraserhead, since we're on Lynch.

And the original Nightmare on Elm Street - I saw it when I was 11 after my 'rents specifically forbade me from seeing it.

My bedroom at the time was in the basement, with the furnace... yeah, I didn't sleep for three nights. :)

That first one was great. Loved the bodybag in the school hallway, that creeped me out.

minus5
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Also, Tod Browning's "Freaks" scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Puffy
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Carrie and The Exorcist.

Oh, and that porno zombie made me watch of him and those two goth women (one of who was NOT a woman). I still have nightmares about that one.

Yachtzee
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM

For second there I read that as "Tom Browning's 'Freaks.'"

westofyou
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
The Crying Game

Scary.....

minus5
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
For second there I read that as "Tom Browning's 'Freaks.'"

Wasn't that a chapter in Tales From the Dugout?

minus5
02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
The Crying Game

Scary.....

Fatal Attraction scared the hell out of me.

Jaycint
02-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Awesome movie. I caught this one time after coming home on a weekend night at like 2 A.M. The ending when all the "freaks" were coming to exact their revenge had me crawling out of my skin.

As for me, I am more of a gory movie guy than scary movie guy. Some of my favorite gory/scary movies:

The Saw Trilogy
The Hills Have Eyes
The Devils Rejects
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
Land of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Feast
The Ring
White Noise
High Tension

Forgetting many others...will update when I get home and can look at my collection...

GAC
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
The Posiden Adventure really scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Never mind that I lived nowhere near an ocean or that I was about as likely to sprout wings than to take a cruise or that even if I were on a cruise, that would happen. But it just terrified the crap out of me. I wouldn't watch it for years.

Watching Shelley Winters swim underwater did it for me. I kept wanting to sing the Flipper theme song.

GAC
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
As a kid I use to love to stay up late on Friday Nights and watch Chiller Theater. And I remember Fritz the Night Owl on 10 TV in Columbus, Ohio. He was usually a lot weirder/scarier then some of the movies he shown.

zombie-a-go-go
02-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh, and that porno zombie made me watch of him and those two goth women (one of who was NOT a woman). I still have nightmares about that one.

Nightmares... or something else, I wonder? *snortle* :cool:

dman
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Hostel was another movie that I neither cared for and was freaked out by it. That scene where that person's Acilles Tendon was cut and they tried to stand really got to me.

savafan
02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I'll 3rd the truck scene from The Hitcher. I saw that in a hotel room out in Oklahoma while on a school trip when I was 10 years old.

I didn't particularly care for Hostel.

Here are some of the ones that get to me:

The Audition
The Saw trilogy (just saw the last one)
The original The Haunting
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Surprisingly, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Irreversible
Zombie movies...all zombie movies...especially Romero

Yachtzee
02-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I'll 3rd the truck scene from The Hitcher. I saw that in a hotel room out in Oklahoma while on a school trip when I was 10 years old.

I didn't particularly care for Hostel.

Here are some of the ones that get to me:

The Audition
The Saw trilogy (just saw the last one)
The original The Haunting
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Surprisingly, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Irreversible

Wierd thing about zombie movies. I can handle zombie movies, but when I tried to watch one of the Saw movies, I just didn't care for it too much. It just seemed more of a gore and torture film than a horror film. I wasn't scared so much as made to feel ill. Zombies seem scary, but not as gory, just because they seem unreal to me. The gore of the Saw film was just a little too real for my taste and it gave me a sick feeling that I suspect I would feel if I were watching someone actually get tortured. Even the premise was as to why the guy was doing what he was doing I found more sick than scary. Some of my friends were watching it on video tape and I just got up and left the room.

chicoruiz
02-10-2007, 09:19 PM
"The Onion Field" really creeped me out. I mean, I feel relatively safe from zombies and demons with chainsaws in my everyday life, but James Woods in that movie played the kind of monster that's all too prevalent these days.

Jaycint
02-10-2007, 09:58 PM

Ahh, a man after my own heart. :beerme:

captainmorgan07
02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
white noise freaked me out scary stuff espeically the ending

Redsfaithful
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Hostel was another movie that I neither cared for and was freaked out by it. That scene where that person's Acilles Tendon was cut and they tried to stand really got to me.

I saw Hostel in a theater, and it was a little much for me, but seemed to be pretty typical for modern day horror movies.

GAC
02-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Ahh, a man after my own heart. :beerme:

My 11 yr old is hooked on zombie movies and video games.

And he wonders why he doesn't like to sleep in his room alone! :p: