PDA

View Full Version : Iq Test

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Thought it would be fun to see who the smartest Redszoner. Click on the link, it's 50 questions and takes about 10 minutes.
http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp

Congratulations, Eric!
Your IQ score is 135

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
and my dad said I was an idiot.

Danny Serafini
02-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Is there any way to get your result without clicking through 89 million ads?

timmario66
02-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Congratulations, Tim!
Your IQ score is 126

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Is there a way to find out what you got right and wrong without paying for it?

beb30
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Congratulations, Brett!
Your IQ score is 124

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

HumnHilghtFreel
02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Congratulations, Dave!
Your IQ score is 122

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results.

Red Leader
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Congratulations, Tony!
Your IQ score is 142

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

dougdirt
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Congratulations, Doug!
Your IQ score is 142

dabvu2498
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
I guess I'm not smart enough to find my score.

I give myself a 0.

Razor Shines
02-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Congratulations, Ryan!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Danny Serafini
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I guess I'm not smart enough to find my score.

I give myself a 0.

My score wouldn't pop up at first either, just ads. I reopened the results e-mail again later and could get to the score, 135. I got 36 out of 40. One question I clicked the wrong box, one I misinterpreted, one I made a dumb assumption and one I had no clue on.

Ltlabner
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Congratulations, Ltlabner!
Your IQ score is 126

126...I don't know whether to think that is good or bad? What's the "normal" IQ range?

That's probably just my competitve side talking.

registerthis
02-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Congratulations, Ben!
Your IQ score is 144

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I think I might have some new business cards printed up with "Insightful Linguist" printed on them. I like the sound of that.

FutureRedsGM
02-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Congratulations, Chad!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Ltlabner
02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Here's some IQ info I found on wiki... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:IQ_curve.svg#file)

And a diffrent chart with mostly the same info...

http://library.thinkquest.org/C0121653/bell.h3.jpg

pedro
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Your IQ score is 135

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

ha.

Blimpie
02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I think I just accidentally applied for a home mortgage and should also be expecting a subscription to Ebony....:bang:

Congratulations, Blimpie!
Your IQ score is 135

02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Congratulations,
Your IQ score is 131

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Isn't it odd so many of our scores are so close?

Hap
02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Methinks yon results be accurately scientific not.

cincinnati chili
02-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Methinks yon results be accurately scientific not.

funny. and correct.

If I understand IQ testing, only 2.2% of adults exceed a 130 IQ.

About 68.3% fall somewhere between 85 and 115.

Razor Shines
02-09-2007, 08:31 PM
funny. and correct.

So you don't think that this is just an exeedingly smart board? Well thanks for ruining my day. :evil:

pedro
02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
funny. and correct.

Yeah, I think they must be skewed high because I tested above 135 when I was in 6th grade and I know for a fact I've become less intelligent every year since then.

Blimpie
02-09-2007, 09:00 PM
funny. and correct.

About 68.3% fall somewhere between 85 and 115....yeah, and 10 out of 3 people are dyslexic. So, what's your point?

Ltlabner
02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
funny. and correct.

That pretty much coincides with the chart I posted in responce #14.

Of course, assuming 1/2 of the 300,000,000 people in the USA are adults, the 2.2% still means 3,300,000 people are pretty darn smart.

cincinnati chili
02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
That pretty much coincides with the chart I posted in responce #14.

Of course, assuming 1/2 of the 300,000,000 people in the USA are adults, the 2.2% still means 3,300,000 people are pretty darn smart.

I agree. I just think it's interesting, that everyone here who admitted tested as highly intelligent.

It's a pretty brilliant marketing tactic when you think about it. You give people a test, give everyone a very good score on the test, make them feel good about themselves, and create a positive association with all those stupid pop up ads that sprung up during the test.

pedro
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I agree. I just think it's interesting, that everyone here who admitted tested as highly intelligent.

It's a pretty brilliant marketing tactic when you think about it. You give people a test, give everyone a very good score on the test, make them feel good about themselves, and create a positive association with all those stupid pop up ads that sprung up during the test.

Not to mention selling a "report" on the results. I think I've seen this episode of King of the Hill.

Ravenlord
02-10-2007, 03:32 AM
it says 173 for me. i know that can't be right, because all three times i took this in school it was:

1. more complicated.

2. in the 150-160 range.

GAC
02-10-2007, 06:41 AM
What does "Congratulations Greg. You have the I.Q. of an Amoeba" mean?

RFS62
02-10-2007, 06:43 AM

Whoa.

Up until now I thought it was bogus.

GAC
02-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Whoa.

Up until now I thought it was bogus.

I'll have you know that I was the smartest kid in my class.

Of course I was an only child and home skooled. :mooner:

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
So you don't think that this is just an exeedingly smart board? Well thanks for ruining my day. :evil:
How many people who scored low actually posted their score, im guessing not many.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-10-2007, 12:13 PM
it says 173 for me. i know that can't be right, because all three times i took this in school it was:

1. more complicated.

2. in the 150-160 range.

Well done, but why so dark.
Your strength comes from the lord? which lord would that be.

Did I drink too much from the goblet of "lifehope"?
Did I take the vanity of joy for granted?
For my battle against the pain of emptiness - this intoxication of the angst of death,
Is all that is left...

Sounds like this board this off season :laugh: :evil:

SunDeck
02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
How many people who scored low actually posted their score, im guessing not many.
Mine cannot be measured. It's either too high or too low; I can't remember.

Anyway, I got about 20 questions in and got distract- hey! anybody wanna ride bikes?

02-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Well, the low scorers are too busy fretting over Adam Dunn's strikeouts to post their results.

creek14
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Congratulations, Cindy!
Your IQ score is 141

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns.

I know it's bunk if it thinks I have exceptional math skills.

Dom Heffner
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Congratulations, Dom!
Your IQ score is 131

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Joseph
02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I've taken these before and typically range from 130 something to 150, I also know they are highly inaccurate as a measure of "IQ".

Falls City Beer
02-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I've taken these before and typically range from 130 something to 150, I also know they are highly inaccurate as a measure of "IQ".

If you are regularly getting a 20 point range from tests like these, then, yes, they are total bullcrap. If they are truly efficacious they should agree much more closely with one another. I didn't take the test, but at first blush it looks about as scientific as my 6-year-old's Kool Aid stands.

vaticanplum
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't think I've ever taken an IQ test and I never will if I can help it. My parents both tested over 160. I am terrified I won't live up to that. So I just won't try. This is a fine way of going through life, I've found.

Dom Heffner
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
With the exception of one or two questions, I thought it was a breeze.

Had I taken a little more time, I could have had the harder ones, but my patience runs low. If I don't see it at first glance, I'm on my way to the next one.

Joseph
02-10-2007, 03:23 PM
If you are regularly getting a 20 point range from tests like these, then, yes, they are total bullcrap. If they are truly efficacious they should agree much more closely with one another. I didn't take the test, but at first blush it looks about as scientific as my 6-year-old's Kool Aid stands.

You said it pal.

RichRed
02-10-2007, 03:30 PM
...yeah, and 10 out of 3 people are dyslexic. So, what's your point?

There are 3 kinds of people: those who are good at math and those who aren't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, Rich!
Your IQ score is 135

There you go. Can't argue with science. :p:

pedro
02-10-2007, 03:41 PM
It might be funny to try an tank this and see what it says.

Congratulations, Pedro!

Your IQ Score is 75

Your Intellectual Type is Incredible Moron. This means you are highly likely to not be able to read this paragraph and have the natural fluency of highly volatile diarrhea and the visual and spatial strengths of a goat. Those skills contribute to your closed and exhausted mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Puffy
02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, Jim!
Your IQ score is 142

Danny Serafini
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I just missed every question and got a 72.

You have the unusual talent of being equally good at both mathematical and verbal skills. That, paired with your thirst to learn through experience, makes you an Inventive Inquisitor.

Your strength lies in the methodology you have naturally adopted to understand the world. Basically, you have perfected "learning through living." You have a unique ability to teach others by taking them through actual experiences. Your talents come in handy especially when confronted with unfamiliar or unproven situations. Most people search their brains for previously stored information that might help in a given situation. You, however, take things as they come and see things as they are. You are a great improviser and are probably open to an unusual amount of change.

It also compared me to Ben Franklin. Apparently Ben Franklin was a moron who stumbled into everything by luck. Think of what he could've achieved with an 80 IQ.

Blimpie
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I just missed every question and got a 72.That's kinda like getting 400 on your SAT for signing your name, huh?

MrCinatit
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I've taken several IQ tests, with scores ranging between 120 and 180 (that was a really good day. Really good). Sometimes the tests can depend on our minds clarity, our present mood, our health, and surroundings (remember, Elaine scored as a moron after taking a test in Babo Bhatt's restaurant).

Congratulations, Greg!
Your IQ score is 138
Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And someone here keeps taking your name. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

Why am I being compared to Dana Plato?

cincinnati chili
02-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Reading this thread, I suspect that 90% of people who tell people that they have genius level IQ scores are either lying or were lied to by their parents.

I don't know my IQ, and am not sure I was ever tested. However, I understand how normally distributed standard deviations are supposed to fall.

Walk down the street sometime and count the first 1,000 people at random. Chances are that fewer than THREE of them will have IQ's of 145 or above (3 standard deviations above mean).

After you do that, keep walking and count the next 100,000 people at random. Chances are, approximately 7 of them have 1Q's of 160 or above. Let me repeat that, SEVEN OUT OF ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND. That means, approximately 28 living within the entire city of Cincinnati.

Not to single you out vatican plum, put if you really, believe that your parents have a 160 IQ, I think it's morally imperative that you get tested. If it turns out that you're also in that range, then get your ass off this message board, and concentrate on finding the rest of us a cure for cancer or something. :)

vaticanplum
02-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Not to single you out vatican plum, put if you really, believe that your parents have a 160 IQ, I think it's morally imperative that you get tested. If it turns out that you're also in that range, then get your ass off this message board, and concentrate on finding the rest of us a cure for cancer or something. :)

:lol:

The thing is that I have no idea how they were tested. Just that it was a long time ago and probably involved some paper test or something. I don't believe they're lying -- I think they were actually told that they had IQs of that number -- but I do question the testing itself. What was measured? How old were they? How would the test they took compare to those today; can the resultant scores really be compared? I just don't fully understand testing anyway. Some people are very bright but don't have the concentration for tests (and I wonder if this has been exacerbated in fast-pace, short-attention-span Internet world too). Some people are excellent at listening to and reading people, and that obviously can't be tested.

I always tested well but lacked a lot of motivation in school, so my grades never lived up to my potential. And what good does that do? What was the point of knowing that I was bright if I didn't make use of it in class? If I had kids I would hope they'd be the opposite.

creek14
02-11-2007, 03:48 PM
If you were in the elementary public school system between 1960 and oh say, 1975, your IQ was tested. It was big back then.

Most schools placed you in classes according to those scores.

And my parents held it over my head "you're smarter than a B- in math, Cindy." :bang: :bang:

Yachtzee
02-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, if you're a Reds fan and can somehow avoid calling the Banana Phone, you have to be pretty intelligent, right? :)

Degenerate39
02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Congratulations, Philip!
Your IQ score is 108

Your Intellectual Type is Inventive Inquisitor. You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills. This means you are a creative thinker and are uniquely good at teaching others through experiences. You are also a great improviser and very good at handling change.

I'm not good at math so this test must be full of it.

marcshoe
02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Congratulations, Marc!
Your IQ score is 140

So you can call me Plato from now on.

I imagine my score will be even higher after I earn the University of Phoenix degree I just signed up for.

pedro
02-11-2007, 08:36 PM
If you were in the elementary public school system between 1960 and oh say, 1975, your IQ was tested. It was big back then.

And my parents held it over my head "you're smarter than a B- in math, Cindy." :bang: :bang:

They did it in Mariemont at least until 1980 when I was in 6th grade . Then they would tell that your IQ was higher than X, that you were gifted and that you were being put in *special * classes.

Real healthy if you ask me.

marcshoe
02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I was part of the initial bunch they did this to back in the seventies. We were part of a study--I was chosen for the "experimental" group rather than the control group--which, I suppose, was to guide the implementation of WV's new gifted program.

In West Virginia, gifted students are included under the special education umbrella (hold the jokes--their just too easy). In my grad school intro to the exceptional student class last semester, the prof said that over the years they had discovered through retesting that there was one exceptionality that could be cured--giftedness. :eek:

They do not notify the parents when the students' scores drop out of range, however. Once gifted, always gifted.

I wonder if they've cured me yet....

Redsland
02-11-2007, 11:26 PM
They did it in Mariemont at least until 1980 when I was in 6th grade . Then they would tell that your IQ was higher than X, that you were gifted and that you were being put in *special * classes.

Real healthy if you ask me.

Yeah, I had a similar experience.

Although in my case, the school would only let me eat finely whipped pudding for lunch and play with really huge Legos.

:)

SunDeck
02-12-2007, 10:30 AM

That explains why my parents made me wear a helmet to school.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-12-2007, 10:39 AM
:lol:

The thing is that I have no idea how they were tested. Just that it was a long time ago and probably involved some paper test or something. I don't believe they're lying -- I think they were actually told that they had IQs of that number -- but I do question the testing itself. What was measured? How old were they? How would the test they took compare to those today; can the resultant scores really be compared? I just don't fully understand testing anyway. Some people are very bright but don't have the concentration for tests (and I wonder if this has been exacerbated in fast-pace, short-attention-span Internet world too). Some people are excellent at listening to and reading people, and that obviously can't be tested.

I always tested well but lacked a lot of motivation in school, so my grades never lived up to my potential. And what good does that do? What was the point of knowing that I was bright if I didn't make use of it in class? If I had kids I would hope they'd be the opposite.
I agree with most of what you are saying, but maybe if you knew your true potential it would have motivated you to do better in school. Being told your smart or gifted may be alot of pressure but it can also be very uplifting for ones confidence.

registerthis
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM

Can't amoebas change their shape, and haven't they become resistant to anti-biotics and such?

I'd say that's pretty high praise.

GAC
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Can't amoebas change their shape, and haven't they become resistant to anti-biotics and such?

Yeah, but the problem is that they aren't smart enough to realize they can do that. :mooner:

vaticanplum
02-12-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree with most of what you are saying, but maybe if you knew your true potential it would have motivated you to do better in school. Being told your smart or gifted may be alot of pressure but it can also be very uplifting for ones confidence.

I was told that. I was still lazy.

Kids learn in different ways. In some ways I think I was lucky in that I was encouraged to pursue my interests (which were largely artistic and lay out of the classroom a lot of the time) without a lot of creedence given directly to grades. So once I grew up I was quite motivated to excel in what I wanted to do. Grades themselves were just not emphasized, and for me that worked. That said, I sometimes think I don't respect academia (and "non-interests") as much as I should, and I certainly didn't get as much out of a good and expensive education as I should have. So I respect hard work a lot more than natural intellect. The former is within your control; the latter is just an accident.

I was in a particular world, though, where pretty much all kids stood a chance regardless of test scores or work ethic. I suppose I agree that kids not in that world, ie. underprivileged kids, should be able to prove their "natural" smarts regardless of how they're performing in school...but I'm a little uncomfortable even with that logic, because does that mean I believe that if a kid doesn't test well AND isn't getting good grades, he's not worth anyone's effort? I guess in the end I just wish there were enough individualized education that test scores would be irrelevant, which I know is impossible.

BuckeyeRedleg
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
I did not give up my real name and feel dirty that I gave up my email address. I know I would have done much better, but I was distracted by the advertisement to the right of the young gal in a bikini asking "Naughty or Nice"? Uhhh.

Congratulations, Buckeye!
Your IQ score is 133

Your Intellectual Type is Visual Mathematician. This means you are gifted at spotting patterns — both in pictures and in numbers. These talents combined with your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture, which is why people trust your instincts and turn to you for direction — especially in the workplace. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.