PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wilson

Redlegs
02-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know the status of Paul Wilson?

Will he ever pitch again?

redsgabp
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know the status of Paul Wilson?

Will he ever pitch again?

i'm not sure, but IMHO i don't see a future for him in the big leagues in a reds uni.

forfreelin04
02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I was curious of Wilson myself. I know he got an invite to Spring Training. His he even healthy enough to pitch?

tripleaaaron
02-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Health is ok as far as known, but arm strength is the real question. If he was able to rebuild strength he may be an x factor as well, probably in the 2nd half if ever, probably never

toledodan
02-10-2007, 01:13 AM
i think he was worth the risk to bring back.

tripleaaaron
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Definately

Krusty
02-10-2007, 11:03 AM
You have some serious competition for that fifth spot in the rotation between Ramirez, Belisle, Saarloos, Santos, Wilson, Bailey and a couple of others that I am probably forgetting.

Brian
02-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Wasn't he only getting the old heater up to 84-85 when trying to rehab last year? I'm sure several months of recovery have helped. I'll be interested to see what he does. If he can return close to where he was before the injury, he'd easily earn a bottom spot in this rotation I'd say.

Big Daddy P
02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I wish he pitches again, I hope he pitches again...as long as it's NOT FOR THE REDS!!!!!!!!

What are you guys smokin'?

As the great John Mcenroe once said: "You cannot be serious!"

Jerry Narron
02-10-2007, 11:58 PM
I've talked to Paul recently and he is feeling great and getting ready for spring training.

Redlegs
02-11-2007, 10:20 AM
I wish he pitches again, I hope he pitches again...as long as it's NOT FOR THE REDS!!!!!!!!

What are you guys smokin'?

As the great John Mcenroe once said: "You cannot be serious!"
The year prior to his injury, he gave the Reds several quality starts. Could have had 10 or 11 wins by the all-star break had it not been for the bullpen.

mth123
02-11-2007, 10:44 AM
The year prior to his injury, he gave the Reds several quality starts. Could have had 10 or 11 wins by the all-star break had it not been for the bullpen.

True, but there have been too many arm injuries and there are too many candidates (dubious as they may be) to take a chance on a roster spot for Wilson IMO. If he wants to pitch at Louisville through Memorial Day and see how he's doing, then fine (as long as a younger developing pitcher isn't having his innings taken away).

Redlegs
02-11-2007, 10:47 AM
True, but there have been too many arm injuries and there are too many candidates (dubious as they may be) to take a chance on a roster spot for Wilson IMO. If he wants to pitch at Louisville through Memorial Day and see how he's doing, then fine (as long as a younger developing pitcher isn't having his innings taken away).

I would agree with your statement. I do think, however, if Wilson has any success with making the team, he will have had to earn it. I don't think the Reds are banking on anything with Paul.