PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Last Year

Enrico Pallazzo
02-09-2007, 11:49 PM
For my first post on Redszone I'm curious, what was the best game at GABP last season? I gotta go with the only game I made it to (was living in Baton Rouge at the time) wher Valentin hit a pinch hit two-run walk off to beat the Diamondbacks. Good Times.

dougdirt
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Adam Dunn walk off grand slam followed closely by Ken Griffey Jr walk off HR his first day off the DL.
It was amazing being at both.

edabbs44
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
For my first post on Redszone I'm curious, what was the best game at GABP last season? I gotta go with the only game I made it to (was living in Baton Rouge at the time) wher Valentin hit a pinch hit two-run walk off to beat the Diamondbacks. Good Times.

HEY! It's Enrico Pallazzo!

http://www.davesdougout.com/photos/nakedgun.jpg

edabbs44
02-10-2007, 12:14 AM

Yeah, I remember that game. I made the trip out for the weekend. Went Friday and Saturday. Sunday was hot as hell and we had seats right behind the on-deck circle. We were a little hungover and my wife didn't feel well due to the booze and heat and Arroyo's first inning debacle. So we left in about the 2nd or 3rd b/c they were getting beat up again and she was about to pass out.

Went back to the hotel and got her some water. Sat in the hotel for a bit and she started to feel better. The we went to the Taste of Cincy and on the way back we heard they won...she still hears it from me.

Enrico Pallazzo
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
HEY! It's Enrico Pallazzo!

http://www.davesdougout.com/photos/nakedgun.jpg

Please tell me how you set the profile pic so I can make that one mine.

guttle11
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Dunn's walk-off GS has to be it. I think they were down 7-0 going into the 8th. Kearns hit a HR, followed by a three run shot by Juan Castro, followed by the Indians making it an 8-4 game in the top of the 9th, and then the crazy ninth. Just watching on TV, I'm not sure I've ever seen a crowd go so bonkers for a regular season game.

Second would be the 11 inning game against the Brewers. Lizard and Villareal both were excellent and Dunn broke a 0-0 slugfest in the 11th with a monster blast. I was there, and it was truly awesome.

Enrico Pallazzo
02-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I remember that game. I made the trip out for the weekend. Went Friday and Saturday. Sunday was hot as hell and we had seats right behind the on-deck circle. We were a little hungover and my wife didn't feel well due to the booze and heat and Arroyo's first inning debacle. So we left in about the 2nd or 3rd b/c they were getting beat up again and she was about to pass out.

Went back to the hotel and got her some water. Sat in the hotel for a bit and she started to feel better. The we went to the Taste of Cincy and on the way back we heard they won...she still hears it from me.

Yeah I remember being pretty burnt that day and ticked at Arroyo, convinced my Dad to stay although my stepmom took off. Oh well.

CaiGuy
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Adam Dunn walk off grand slam followed closely by Ken Griffey Jr walk off HR his first day off the DL.
It was amazing being at both.

I agree with Griffey's for sure, being there myself as well.

Yachtzee
02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Please tell me how you set the profile pic so I can make that one mine.

Keep making quality posts and gain rep. Once your rep hits 200, you get pictures.

Enrico Pallazzo
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Keep making quality posts and gain rep. Once your rep hits 200, you get pictures.

Sweet :thumbup:

OSUredsFAN
02-10-2007, 12:54 AM
I say August 9th, David Ross with walkoff homer in 9th to beat the Cards. I say this b/c I was there. Dunn w/the slam and Griffey vs the Nats and Cubs are up there too, but I wasn't there for those.

Keystone12
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM

**** living in Baton Rouge. I was driving home (Cincy) from South Bend, IN when Dunn hit his walkoff. Definitely the best game of the year.

Also I live in Baton Rouge now, and the town sucks. Ugh.

Enrico Pallazzo
02-10-2007, 01:07 AM
**** living in Baton Rouge. I was driving home (Cincy) from South Bend, IN when Dunn hit his walkoff. Definitely the best game of the year.

Also I live in Baton Rouge now, and the town sucks. Ugh.

Nah B.R. is all right. Just make your way over to Tigerland and hit on some sorority girls. LSU women=best in the nation. Other than that...um well beer and crawfish are pretty much it. Oh yeah and kill a deer.

tripleaaaron
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Was at the Griffey Game for the walk off after being on the DL and that was awesome, my favorite player hitting a walk off how can you top it? Well actually the Javier Valentin Walk off was the greatest (personally)It was a sunday afternoon game, and me and my two buddies were torched still from the night before and just kept it going, What made it so great is seeing my buddy stumble around 3rd, knock a kid over and barely make it home, priceless. That to me, was the greatest game last season

forfreelin04
02-10-2007, 02:03 AM
The only two games I went to were two Cardinal games that consisted of a Javy Valentin game winning single in the bottom of the ninth in early May and then Ryan Freel's amazing catch in a win over them in August. Two of the greatest games I've been to ever in Cincy. Gotta say though, the Todd Benzinger started brawl in the early 90's was pretty sweet, but i remember little from it.

camisadelgolf
02-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I say August 9th, David Ross with walkoff homer in 9th to beat the Cards. I say this b/c I was there. Dunn w/the slam and Griffey vs the Nats and Cubs are up there too, but I wasn't there for those.

The story is the same for me.

redhawkfish
02-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I was fortunate to be at the Business Day Special that Dunn won with a walk-off
against the Brewers and the Indians game Dunn won with a Grand Slam. I wonder how many people would have still been at that Indians game if it had not been a fireworks game?

jmac
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM
For me...I guess Jr's homer because it was vs cubs and I was watching it on wgn which made it double sweet.
Also.... I was visiting relatives out of state when dunner hit the grandslam.
I remember the scrolling across the bottom of espn news showing score of 7 or 8 -0(only way i could follow game)
Then Wow....reds win !!!
course the Harang win vs Carpentar was sweet too.

Caveat Emperor
02-10-2007, 03:17 PM
"The Catch" vs. the Cardinals.

I was at the game, and I've never seen the crowd demand a curtain call for a fielder like that before.

BuckeyeRedleg
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Dunn's walk-off GS has to be it. I think they were down 7-0 going into the 8th. Kearns hit a HR, followed by a three run shot by Juan Castro, followed by the Indians making it an 8-4 game in the top of the 9th, and then the crazy ninth. Just watching on TV, I'm not sure I've ever seen a crowd go so bonkers for a regular season game.

No doubt. That one goes as one of the best I have ever seen. I don't think I could sleep that night I was so wired.

vaticanplum
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Some truly great games last year...the Dunn GS, Griffey walk-off, Freel Day, Guardado against Atlanta, the 11-inning Milwaukee day game (also a Dunn walkoff)...but the best game that I attended myself was the slugfest at Wrigley (Bronson's second homer, Dunn's two homers, and Edwin's grand slam). No one knew yet how, but how much worse the Cubs were going to be than the Reds in 2006, and the Cubs fans around me in the bleachers took this loss extremely personally. By the fourth or fifth home run many of them became almost suicidal. It was delightful.

The Lizard, by the way, is no long-term solution in a starting rotation, but he had some extraordinary games last year -- at least two that I can think of offhand (Milwaukee and Houston).

HumnHilghtFreel
02-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I didn't see the night Dunn hit the GS, so my vote also goes to the game Freel robbed Pujols. That extended standing O gave me chills. I'm also a little biased because he's my favorite player to watch.

jmac
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
but the best game that I attended myself was the slugfest at Wrigley (Bronson's second homer, Dunn's two homers, and Edwin's grand slam). No one knew yet how, but how much worse the Cubs were going to be than the Reds in 2006, and the Cubs fans around me in the bleachers took this loss extremely personally. By the fourth or fifth home run many of them became almost suicidal. It was delightful.

I think you view the cubs the way i do.
You're alright VP :)

Yachtzee
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
"The Catch" vs. the Cardinals.

I was at the game, and I've never seen the crowd demand a curtain call for a fielder like that before.

Was that the game where we were all introduced to Farney?

Freddie_Free
02-10-2007, 07:33 PM
The David Ross two-run walk off against the Cards during a pretty huge series. Probably just because I had come across some great seats for the game. It was one of the biggest adrenaline rushes I've ever had at a sporting event.

Eric_Davis
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't know if it was one game in particular, but more of a stretch of games after Brandon Phillips arrived that we realized Krivsky found a diamond-in-the-rough. Add Arroyo's performance and Ross', too, and I had a feeling about the REDS I hadn't had in many, many years....a G.M. that knows what he's doing.

vaticanplum
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Was that the game where we were all introduced to Farney?

Yes, it was. I think that was a Monday game, and the Friday before he had had quite a catch against Atlanta as well, but the Cards game was Farney Day.

God, the amount of baseball game details my brain holds in comparison to the pathetic smattering of everything else is riconkulous sometimes.

vaticanplum
02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't know if it was one game in particular, but more of a stretch of games after Brandon Phillips arrived that we realized Krivsky found a diamond-in-the-rough.

I remember the first time Phillips took a walk. This board about melted down.

Homer Bailey
02-10-2007, 08:25 PM

This was the biggest win of the year for the reds. Harang vs. Carpenter. Unbelievable game.

OSUredsFAN
02-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Some truly great games last year...the Dunn GS, Griffey walk-off, Freel Day, Guardado against Atlanta, the 11-inning Milwaukee day game (also a Dunn walkoff)...but the best game that I attended myself was the slugfest at Wrigley (Bronson's second homer, Dunn's two homers, and Edwin's grand slam). No one knew yet how, but how much worse the Cubs were going to be than the Reds in 2006, and the Cubs fans around me in the bleachers took this loss extremely personally. By the fourth or fifth home run many of them became almost suicidal. It was delightful.

The Lizard, by the way, is no long-term solution in a starting rotation, but he had some extraordinary games last year -- at least two that I can think of offhand (Milwaukee and Houston).

I was at that game too. It was awesome. seeing all the sad faces on the cubs fans was priceless

Chip R
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I remember the first time Phillips took a walk. This board about melted down.

I was at a game last year where he had 3 walks.

vaticanplum
02-10-2007, 11:04 PM
I was at a game last year where he had 3 walks.

:eek: