PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce footage

RFS62
02-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Here's some nice video of Jay Bruce's stroke on YouTube.

Don't know if it's been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xJOjxuW-08

DoogMinAmo
02-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Nice stroke, but he moves a lot in the box. It will be interesting if he can continue his success in a more pitching-friendly southern league.

VR
02-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks for posting that video. A little over half the time he keeps two hands (ala Sean Casey) on the bat...quite often he goes with one. He looks a lot smoother when he releases that bottom hand.

TOBTTReds
02-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Doug, where do you get the video from?

Oh wait, was this footage from mlb.com after the draft?

dougdirt
02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that was on mlb.com and I just saved it with a program that I have for streaming video. There is also a video of him hitting a HR in the MWL on my videos on there for those of you who didnt see it. I have 10 of our prospects videos up on youtube.

RFS62
02-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, that was on mlb.com and I just saved it with a program that I have for streaming video. There is also a video of him hitting a HR in the MWL on my videos on there for those of you who didnt see it. I have 10 of our prospects videos up on youtube.

Hey Doug, I just realized you posted those YouTube videos.

Very cool.

:beerme:

AdamDunn
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah... I saw that video when the Reds drafted him. I was worried because he was moving around a lot and he was hitting batting practice pitches foul. Maybe he was just nervous or something. Thank God he's turned out the way he has.