PDA

View Full Version : Krivsky, 14 players Report to Sarasota

reds44
02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
almost there...

I head down to Sarasota on Wednesday, but several folks are already there. According to one of them, Reds PR director Rob Butcher, says RHP Matt Belisle, LHP Bill Bray, RHP Jared Burton, RHP Todd Coffey, LHP Jon Coutlangus, OF Bubba Crosby, OF Chris Denorfia, OF Chris Dickerson, IF/OF Ryan Freel, OF Josh Hamilton, RHP Gary Majewski, LHP Eric Milton, LHP Brian Shackelford and 1B Joey Votto are all already in Sarasota and working out at the Reds' complex. Wayne Krivsky is also already in town.

-Trent

Tom Servo
02-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Figures that lazy slacker Adam Dunn isn't there. Probably too busy playing golf. He should be cut to send a message to the rest of the team.

;)

Edd Roush
02-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Looks like Bubba Crosby is preparing to be the starting centerfielder on Opening Day :evil:

Red Leader
02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Figures that lazy slacker Adam Dunn isn't there. Probably too busy playing golf. He should be cut to send a message to the rest of the team.

;)

I know you're joking, but last I heard Adam Dunn and Jay Bruce were working out together in TX and were planning on reporting together. They both were considering going a day or two early, but wanted to stay in TX for as long as they could to continue their off season workout routine and be close to family.

TeamBoone
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM

I know you're joking too, but I believe the rule is.... a position player can not report early unless he is coming off an injurey.

Am I all wet?

maniem
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I know you're joking, but last I heard Adam Dunn and Jay Bruce were working out together in TX and were planning on reporting together. They both were considering going a day or two early, but wanted to stay in TX for as long as they could to continue their off season workout routine and be close to family.

Is Bruce from TX also? Wow, the Reds have a bunch of players and prospects that have ties to Texas. Is that the only state the Reds have been scouting the last few years? :)

Red Leader
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Is Bruce from TX also? Wow, the Reds have a bunch of players and prospects that have ties to Texas. Is that the only state the Reds have been scouting the last few years? :)

Yes, Bruce is from TX and it appears that is the only state the Reds have scouted well in the last 7-8 years.

Dunn, Bailey, Bruce, Stubbs...

maniem
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Lecure...

Red Leader
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Lecure...

True dat. Forgot about him. I'm sure there are others as well.

I think Travis Wood is from that area as well. I don't think he's from TX, but maybe Arkansas???

Jerry Narron
02-12-2007, 05:32 PM
;)

Like another poster said, Adam and Jay Bruce are working out together down in Texas and will report later this week. Dunn is in good shape and is looking to put together an excellent season.

maniem
02-12-2007, 05:38 PM
True dat. Forgot about him. I'm sure there are others as well.

I think Travis Wood is from that area as well. I don't think he's from TX, but maybe Arkansas???

That is crazy. And just think if we would have drafted Kazmir instead of Gruler like we should have...I seem to remember Dunn talking about how they played each other in high school. Who would have thought all of that baseball talent would be coming out of such a football-rich state?

Superdude
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Good to see Bubba Crosby getting their early to show off his "mad scrap"

AdamDunn
02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Is Jerry_Narron really jerry narron or am I guilible?

Chip R
02-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Is Jerry_Narron really jerry narron or am I guilible?

I don't know. Are you really Adam Dunn?

Yachtzee
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know. Are you really Adam Dunn?

Ask him if Marty is wearing his shirt. Only the real Adam would know that. ;)

Heath
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Heck we have Edd Roush, Santo Alcala, & Marc Lancaster.

I KNEW I should have been Cuckoo Christensen.

MartyFan
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM

That might be one of the reasons Almarez is not with the team anymore...

Yachtzee
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Heck we have Edd Roush, Santo Alcala, & Marc Lancaster.

I KNEW I should have been Cuckoo Christensen.

Or Kiki Cuyler. :)

AdamDunn
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
I wish I were Adam Dunn, making millions for swinging the bat every once in a while, running the bases a bit, and sitting there in left field. (jk, i know he does more, it's just what it seems like he does ;) )

StillFunkyB
02-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Figures that lazy slacker Adam Dunn isn't there. Probably too busy fishing. He should be cut to send a message to the rest of the team.

;)

Fixed that for you. ;) :D

RedRoser
02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Servo;1242035]Figures that lazy slacker Adam Dunn isn't there. Probably too busy playing golf. He should be cut to send a message to the rest of the team.

Playing golf is "slacking"? :eek:

Well. . . :censored:

Say it ain't so, PLLLEASE! :cry:

:laugh:

---'Roser

OesterPoster
02-12-2007, 09:56 PM

Also worth mentioning is that Jay Bruce and one of Roger Clemens' sons are close friends and spend a lot of time together.

Heath
02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Also worth mentioning is that Jay Bruce and one of Roger Clemens' sons are close friends and spend a lot of time together.

That should start the Bruce-to-Houston trade rumours

TOBTTReds
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
That should start the Bruce-to-Houston trade rumours

WHAT? Jay Bruce is being traded to Houston? Can we get Roy Oswalt for him and have them pay half of Roy's contract?

Triples
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
I know you're joking too, but I believe the rule is.... a position player can not report early unless he is coming off an injurey.

Am I all wet?

Yes, I believe you are incorrect. (note: Freel, Crosby, Denorfia, are all there already; as is Dickerson but he is coming off a shoulder injury last year.) I think you'll see a number of other postion players, both major league and minor league, report in the next few days prior to the day they are suppose to report.

membengal
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
They can show up early. They can't "report" early, or start working out officially early.

There is no reason to think badly on anyone who doesn't show up early.

durl
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
They can show up early. They can't "report" early, or start working out officially early.

There is no reason to think badly on anyone who doesn't show up early.

I agree. If players are busy with their own training away from Sarasota, I see no reason why they should drop it simply to look good to fans.

roby
02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I hope Dunn's "work ethic" doesn't rub off on Jay Bruce!

membengal
02-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I hope Dunn's "work ethic" doesn't rub off on Jay Bruce!

See, that's the kind of "joke" that really irritates me about, say, what Marty trumpets to the populace. Roby, how much have you personally been around Dunn? What do you know of his work ethic? Or any of the Reds' for that matter? I have heard (and read) many places this off-season that Bruce and Dunn are killing it with weights etc. Is that not enough? Too much? What's the problem, exactly, with Dunn working out with Bruce? Why the infatuation with slagging one of this team's better players?

I honestly, honestly, honestly don't get it. I simply don't.

roby
02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
See, that's the kind of "joke" that really irritates me about, say, what Marty trumpets to the populace. Roby, how much have you personally been around Dunn? What do you know of his work ethic? Or any of the Reds' for that matter? I have heard (and read) many places this off-season that Bruce and Dunn are killing it with weights etc. Is that not enough? Too much? What's the problem, exactly, with Dunn working out with Bruce? Why the infatuation with slagging one of this team's better players?

I honestly, honestly, honestly don't get it. I simply don't.

I sure am sorry to "irritate you" membengal. As I'm sure you already know, Adam Dunn and i don't hang out all that much. I do watch a lot of reds games, however, and it is obvious to me that he is a little on the lazy side. He (and his associates of the past...i.e. Austin Kearns, Junior) don't get too overly excited about things. I prefer a player like Pete Rose, Ryan Freel, Brandon Philips, etc. Guys who love to play baseball and play hard. Dunn doesn't seem to be one of them. Of course, since you obviously hang out with Dunn and are privy to a lot of info that the rest of us aren't...like the fact that he is hitting the weights while working out with Bruce...I can certainly stand corrected!!!

bucksfan2
02-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I sure am sorry to "irritate you" membengal. As I'm sure you already know, Adam Dunn and i don't hang out all that much. I do watch a lot of reds games, however, and it is obvious to me that he is a little on the lazy side. He (and his associates of the past...i.e. Austin Kearns, Junior) don't get too overly excited about things. I prefer a player like Pete Rose, Ryan Freel, Brandon Philips, etc. Guys who love to play baseball and play hard. Dunn doesn't seem to be one of them. Of course, since you obviously hang out with Dunn and are privy to a lot of info that the rest of us aren't...like the fact that he is hitting the weights while working out with Bruce...I can certainly stand corrected!!!

There is a perception problem in this city. Hard nose players are revered while players who dont look like they are hustling are not well liked. Dunn is big, awkward and looks goofey when he runs, but that doesn't mean he isn't busting it to the ball. The guy also plays in 160 games a year so whatever he does to his body is obviousy working in terms of endurance.

dsmith421
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I do watch a lot of reds games, however, and it is obvious to me that he is a little on the lazy side.

We need these kinds of shrewd talent evaluators in our front office. And I mean right now.

FutureRedsGM
02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
There is a perception problem in this city. Hard nose players are revered while players who dont look like they are hustling are not well liked. Dunn is big, awkward and looks goofey when he runs, but that doesn't mean he isn't busting it to the ball. The guy also plays in 160 games a year so whatever he does to his body is obviousy working in terms of endurance.

UK fans generally feel the same way about Randolph Morris. I cannot watch a game anywhere without hearing how "lazy" he is. In reality, he's 7' tall and his motions don't appear as quick as someone who is 6' tall. I doubt seriously that anyone can make it at a major college basketball program or on a major league baseball team if they are really lazy.

tripleaaaron
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
UK fans generally feel the same way about Randolph Morris. I cannot watch a game anywhere without hearing how "lazy" he is. In reality, he's 7' tall and his motions don't appear as quick as someone who is 6' tall. I doubt seriously that anyone can make it at a major college basketball program or on a major league baseball team if they are really lazy.

Not really true at all, yes while it does take some effort in order to achieve the level of a major leaguer, some athletes become complacent once they achieve a certain degree and never live up to talent due to a poor ethic. It happens more than we would think, Just as Tony Larusa says in his book "3 nights in August" when discussing J.D. Drew, that some athletes are happy just getting the paycheck, and they can still get quite the check. I am not pretending to say that I know this is the case with Dunn or Morriss, but as hard as it is for us without the talent to believe that someone would waste it, it happens more than we would like to know.