PDA

View Full Version : More on the Reds East - Dmitri Young

redsmetz
02-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I found this little blurb from the Detroit Free Press, Jimbo adding to his collection of former Reds.

Dmitri Young Close To Deal With Washington
14th February, 2007 - 1:16 pm

Detroit Free-Press - Dmitri Young, the former All-Star slugger released by the Tigers last September, is close to signing a minor league contract with the Washington Nationals.

Young, who played for Washington general manager Jim Bowden while with the Cincinnati Reds, will be invited to spring training if the sides reach an agreement.

Young, 33, batted .250 with seven home runs and 23 RBIs last season, but played in only 48 games. He had two stays on the disabled list with a quadriceps strain, and was away from the team for two months while undergoing treatment for drug and alcohol addictions at a California rehabilitation center.

George Anderson
02-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I found this little blurb from the Detroit Free Press, Jimbo adding to his collection of former Reds.

I just betcha it is a matter of time before Robert Raymond Boone is the skipper.

Heath
02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
If James Bowden could get Pete Schoreck to pitch, he'd sign him to.

Joseph
02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Do all the PETA lobbyists in DC allow him to wear his preferred animal-hide trouser?

Heath
02-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Do all the PETA lobbyists in DC allow him to wear his preferred animal-hide trouser?

They weren't real. Faux leather is in.

top6
02-14-2007, 06:03 PM
when will the jeff shaw to the nationals rumors start? seriously, i here he's been working out, keeping his arm in shape, etc.

corkedbat
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Where are Pokey, Gookie, Squishie and the rest of the dwarves?

cacollinsmba
02-14-2007, 08:15 PM

The real problem for Bowden here in DC is that there is no House of Adam. If you have ever looked in that place on Race Street, you know Leatherpants had to have gotten some of his apparel there.

redsmetz
02-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, is Dmitri only a 1st baseman now or can he still play some outfield? I know he was going through some personal things last year and had some injuries, but he might still have something to bring to the table. It's not a bad pick-up, even though we joke about how many ex-Reds are in Washington now.

geniusMoment
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I'd rather have Dmitri Young playing first for a year than either of our two "wonderful" options. If healthy, in this ballpark I would predict a line of .300/25/85 from Young.

redsmetz
02-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd rather have Dmitri Young playing first for a year than either of our two "wonderful" options. If healthy, in this ballpark I would predict a line of .300/25/85 from Young.

The options we have this year are stopgaps waiting for the future. I'm not sweating them being there this year. I suspect that Hatterberg will be the backup next year. I can't remember what Conine's status is after this year.

Tom Servo
02-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's a quick list I comprised of former Reds JimBo has acquired since becoming Nationals GM 2 years ago:

Austin Kearns
Felipe Lopez
Ryan Wagner
Chris Booker
Tony Blanco
Brandon Claussen
Tony Womack
D?Angelo Jimenez
Chris Michalik
Jeffrey Hammonds
Jose Guillen
Damian Jackson
Kenny Kelly
Brandon Larson
Ramon Ortiz
Tony Blanco
Hector Carrasco
Joey Eischen
C.J. Nitkowski
Michael Tucker
Dmitri Young

Heath
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Here's a quick list I comprised of former Reds JimBo has acquired since becoming Nationals GM 2 years ago:

Austin Kearns
Felipe Lopez
Ryan Wagner
Chris Booker
Tony Blanco
Brandon Claussen
Tony Womack
D?Angelo Jimenez
Chris Michalik
Jeffrey Hammonds
Jose Guillen
Damian Jackson
Kenny Kelly
Brandon Larson
Ramon Ortiz
Tony Blanco
Hector Carrasco
Joey Eischen
C.J. Nitkowski
Michael Tucker
Dmitri Young

Glad to see he still collects Reds that suck. Thankfully its not in Cincinnati.

Wow, I honestly thought Kenny Kelly would have turned out into something by now.

cacollinsmba
02-14-2007, 10:22 PM
:)

RedFanAlways1966
02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
I hope Dmitri remembers to check in with his probation officer in the Detroit area while he is in the D.C. area.

RichRed
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
:)

Nice. :)