PDA

View Full Version : Simple question: Can you record MLB.tv on your computer?

SirFelixCat
02-15-2007, 01:14 AM
And if so, how? I have cable and really don't want to get DTV until I move next year.

Please help.

ghettochild
02-15-2007, 01:57 AM
yes

http://sdp.ppona.com/

download sdp...it should be easy to use...whenever you're on mlb.tv right click on the video and goto properties, you should be given a link thats like mms://...copy that link and put it in the field in SDP and then follow the program. any questions just ask.

SirFelixCat
02-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Can I set it up to record? The problem is that I work before, during and after the games...

oneupper
02-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Can I set it up to record? The problem is that I work before, during and after the games...

Are you planning on saving all these games for some purpose? Because finished games ARE available for viewing an hour or so after completion (included in your MLB.tv subscription).

StillFunkyB
02-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Are you planning on saving all these games for some purpose? Because finished games ARE available for viewing an hour or so after completion (included in your MLB.tv subscription).

Yeah, they have that short and sweet version as well. I used that alot last year when I had to work late and couldn't catch the games. I could watch all the action while I was eating breakfast!

Unassisted
02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, they have that short and sweet version as well. I used that alot last year when I had to work late and couldn't catch the games. I could watch all the action while I was eating breakfast!

The condensed games are not included with the MLB.TV subscription, just the full-length version. You must have paid extra to get the condensed games. I can see the appeal, though.

Reds Fanatic
02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
This year condensed games are supposed to be included with the MLB.TV subscription.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/compare.jsp?c_id=mlb

Unassisted
02-15-2007, 10:17 AM
This year condensed games are supposed to be included with the MLB.TV subscription.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/compare.jsp?c_id=mlb

Wow, cool!

And they're throwing in Gameday Audio, too.

MLB.com actually adding value without raising the price... who'd have thunk it? :cool:

Hap
02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
thanks for the info....

i know this has been asked before, but i forget.....

how do i trick the server into not blacking out the local teams?

SirFelixCat
02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, good stuff.

So I can watch the games, on demand, so-to-speak? Whenever I want to watch them? If that's the case, then that's what I was looking for. Thanks, all!

oneupper
02-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, good stuff.

So I can watch the games, on demand, so-to-speak? Whenever I want to watch them? If that's the case, then that's what I was looking for. Thanks, all!

Not quite. The finished games become unavailable again sometime the next day (not sure exactly when). If you want an archived (old) game, you have to pay ($4.95) or something.

StillFunkyB
02-15-2007, 06:41 PM
The condensed games are not included with the MLB.TV subscription, just the full-length version. You must have paid extra to get the condensed games. I can see the appeal, though.

Yeah, I got the All Access pass.

Reds Fanatic
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw this note about the games. Apparently you can't watch the full condensed and archived games until the day after the game at 6 AM. Here is what it says:

Due to broadcast restrictions, new MLB.TV and Condensed Game archives are limited to a playing time of five minutes in duration until 6 am ET on the day following that on which the applicable game commenced play.

SirFelixCat
02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I saw this note about the games. Apparently you can't watch the full condensed and archived games until the day after the game at 6 AM. Here is what it says:

Due to broadcast restrictions, new MLB.TV and Condensed Game archives are limited to a playing time of five minutes in duration until 6 am ET on the day following that on which the applicable game commenced play.

So I'm sol. bummer :(

Reds Fanatic
02-15-2007, 07:42 PM
So I'm sol. bummer :(
You could see the games the day after the game but if you want to see the game the same night as the game it looks like that is a problem.

redsrule2500
02-15-2007, 09:21 PM
MLB restrictions are retarded.

Without blackouts I would have bought MLB.TV two years running now... Their loss I guess.

SirFelixCat
02-16-2007, 12:52 AM
You could see the games the day after the game but if you want to see the game the same night as the game it looks like that is a problem.

This is really starting to anger me more and more. DTV would cost me DOUBLE what cable is costing me now, and that is w/o hi-speed internet. So I really don't want to go with that option.

And now, if I want to watch any games, I have to watch them the day after?!?

WTF man...:thumbdown

JaxRed
02-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Depends on whether that recording option worked. The problem with MLB-TV is that if you arrive 1 hour after game starts, you can't start from beginning of game. You can with EI assuming you have a DVR.

If you can capture and schedule the stream using that other program, that would be the answer.

Also.... MLB-TV besides being faster says it's Mac compatable and is showing 150 SPring training games.

SirFelixCat
02-16-2007, 06:35 PM
The only problem with the recording idea, Jax, is that I don't think I can set it up to record at a certain time. Just really frustrated.

Eric_Davis
02-16-2007, 08:32 PM
This is really starting to anger me more and more. DTV would cost me DOUBLE what cable is costing me now, and that is w/o hi-speed internet. So I really don't want to go with that option.

And now, if I want to watch any games, I have to watch them the day after?!?

WTF man...:thumbdown

Don't forget to thank Mr. Murdoch when you say your prayers at night.