PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds, Ian Zeiring and 90210..oh the irony

Edskin
02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
I hate the "Soap" network. And as much as I love my DVR, it makes a miserable combination for me.

Why?

Because my wife is a Beverly Hills 90201 fanatic. We have at least 5-6 shows on the DVR at ALL times. I certainly shouldn't complain with the amount of sports viewing she endures, but I do anyway....... :)

So, just so you know, I was NOT watching this on PURPOSE. But there is one episode where Ian Ziering (Steve) and his rich Dad play golf against a MLB player and his Dad in a club tourney. The player is played by none other than Barry Bonds himself-- a much slimmer version I might add.

Anyway, Steve's Dad was a former club champ, who was losing his touch with age. He confided in Steve that he REALLY wanted to "be on top" one more time.

So, during the round, Steve notices his Dad doing so odd things. Long story short, Steve's Dad admits that he purchased a special contraption that "juices" his golf balls and gives him that extra "oomph" he needs to compete with the younger guys. I watched in utter amazement.

Just my two cents for the day.

Johnny Footstool
02-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I hate the "Soap" network. And as much as I love my DVR, it makes a miserable combination for me.

Why?

Because my wife is a Beverly Hills 90201 fanatic. We have at least 5-6 shows on the DVR at ALL times. I certainly shouldn't complain with the amount of sports viewing she endures, but I do anyway....... :)

So, just so you know, I was NOT watching this on PURPOSE. But there is one episode where Ian Ziering (Steve) and his rich Dad play golf against a MLB player and his Dad in a club tourney. The player is played by none other than Barry Bonds himself-- a much slimmer version I might add.

Anyway, Steve's Dad was a former club champ, who was losing his touch with age. He confided in Steve that he REALLY wanted to "be on top" one more time.

So, during the round, Steve notices his Dad doing so odd things. Long story short, Steve's Dad admits that he purchased a special contraption that "juices" his golf balls and gives him that extra "oomph" he needs to compete with the younger guys. I watched in utter amazement.

Just my two cents for the day.

Aaron Spelling -- modern day prophet.

MaineRed
02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
HA HA. I feel your pain Edskin. That show is on in my house for two hours just about every day. I actually don't mind it that much. I spend half my time tooling on how ridiculous some of the stuff is though. Unfortunately I've seen every episode at least five times so I have a knowledge of it that only Seinfeld can rival.

I always pick on my wife and tell her that the show "jumps the shark" in just about every episode.

Right from the beginning Brandon is driving that beater, Mondale around. Gimme a break. This is a family that has moved to Beverly Hills and the wife doesn't even lift a finger and they can't afford to buy their kid a car? They can afford a million dollar home but the kid has to somehow transport a car that can't make it out of the driveway without breaking down, from MINNESOTA?

Then early on the Popcorn magnate moves in next door. Where did these successful folks come from? The hood of course. Remember Tivo, the tamale cook?

How about Brenda bombing her audition for the play (just the other day as well) but still ending up with the lead?

I could go on and on. I know it is a TV show but for as serious as the actors pretended to be, some of the storylines were absolutely ridiculous. Just like Fonzi jumping the shark.

I saw that episode with Bonds the other day. HA HA. I never thought of the irony. Good point. At least they had Bonds playing himself as a total prick.

My guess is that Rush had Barry "Larson" pegged from the start as a cheat and he was just leveling the playing field and giving him a shot of his own medicine. Thankfully Steve saw it that way in the end too.

westofyou
02-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Donna Martin Graduates

Red Leader
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Donna Martin Graduates

That's more like jumping the whole ocean.

Heath
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Donna Martin Graduates

This is a family board so I will step lightly.

About that time of that show, there was rumors of a Tori Spelling "art" tape. Most of the acting was solo. Some buddies heard that and did some rhyming. Needless to say, she wasn't a fisherman.

And that's all I have to say about that.