PDA

View Full Version : Junior Fine

cincy09
02-16-2007, 03:52 PM
From the Blog:

SARASOTA, Fla. -- I'll have more on this later and in Saturday's paper, but Ken Griffey Jr. said he feels good and his hand is fine. He's waiting for Dr. Kremchek to get here to reevaluate his hand.

With the assembled media around, he wouldn't address the particulars of his injury -- at first saying he was fishing with his family and caught a bullshark, it jumped into his boat and he was defending his kids. That, obviously -- literally and figuratively, was a fish story. The real story? Well, just wait a bit.

Also, on a possible position change, he said he wasn't going to talk about it and didn't want Jerry Narron to have to talk about it every day of spring training. "Does it matter what I think?" he said. "What we decide will be behind closed doors."

In our meeting with Wayne Krivsky, the Reds GM said any position move would be the manager's decision and not his.

top6
02-16-2007, 04:01 PM
at first saying he was fishing with his family and caught a bullshark, it jumped into his boat and he was defending his kids. Griffey is a funny guy, I'll give him that.

fisch11
02-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Jr.'s exact quote on the broken hand story: "I was fishing, and I pulled in a big fish and it jumped in the boat, it was a shark," joked Griffey, an early arrival to Spring Training. "It started attacking my kid and I whupped [it]. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

That's too good.

Highlifeman21
02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Jr.'s exact quote on the broken hand story: "I was fishing, and I pulled in a big fish and it jumped in the boat, it was a shark," joked Griffey, an early arrival to Spring Training. "It started attacking my kid and I whupped [it]. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

That's too good.

My vote is still Guitar Hero II

captainmorgan07
02-16-2007, 10:10 PM

isn't that how zumaya got sore elbow

Caveat Emperor
02-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Maybe Jeff Kent was giving him lessons on how to wash his car.

RedsManRick
02-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Has his plate discipline and CF defense healed yet?

Redleg39
02-16-2007, 11:28 PM
isn't that how zumaya got sore elbow

Yes it was, I happen to be a pitcher at the high school level, and a few hours of guitar hero really tire your forearm!

Sean_CaseyRules
02-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Has his plate discipline and CF defense healed yet?

:beerme: :p:

mole44
02-17-2007, 03:16 AM

It was clearly Wii related