PDA

View Full Version : ok so i went to the bars last night...

thatcoolguy_22
02-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure if we can talk about this on the forum but I need advice...

I made out with my married boss last night and some of my coworkers took some pictures on their phones...

How should I handle this situation on work monday?

GIK
02-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow.

Bribe them all.

Matt700wlw
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Deny it. You do have an evil twin, don't you?

paintmered
02-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Are you familiar with the CEG?

I think you just found one of them.

TeamCasey
02-16-2007, 06:37 PM
careerbuilders.com

paintmered
02-16-2007, 06:39 PM
At least you didn't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISg3P6AnLhQ

Team Clark
02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Sounds like she has more to worry about than you do.

Dom Heffner
02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
She's the one with the commitment, but that doesn't mean he thinks that way.

Here's what you do: Don't make out with your married boss. At least when photographers are around.

This is like Pandora trying to figure out how the hinges work on the box after she opened it. :)

Seriously, dude. I would have a talk with her, pronto, without seeming like you're too worried about it. Just to feel her out.

Let it go too long without saying something and you'll be that fool at the poker table who hasn't figured out which player is the sucker because it's, well , you.

WMR
02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
You're the one with the leverage here.

If I was you, I'd be seeking a big promotion, post haste.

Heath
02-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, you'll get a call don't worry.

Next time, leave Potiphar's wife alone. She might be as embarrassed as you are. Alcohol does that to people.

George Foster
02-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Could you get one of your co-workers to e-mail you a photo and you post it on reds zone? Please?....I live a boring life in the winter. :rolleyes:

You don't have much to worry about. If she's hot, you are the envy of all the guys. You will also seem more attractive to the other female co-workers as well...you are setting in the cat-bird seat my friend..:beerme:

kbrake
02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
As far as advice I'm not much help. However I can support George Foster in the request for some pictures. And no matter how this works out at least you have a good story.

pedro
02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
careerbuilders.com

brilliant.

harangatang
02-16-2007, 08:30 PM
With out seeming like a jerk, I hope she was hot. Good luck with this one man.

guttle11
02-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Only talk about Dunder Mifflin business...

pedro
02-16-2007, 08:55 PM
She's the one with the commitment, but that doesn't mean he thinks that way.

Here's what you do: Don't make out with your married boss. At least when photographers are around.

This is like Pandora trying to figure out how the hinges work on the box after she opened it. :)

Seriously, dude. I would have a talk with her, pronto, without seeming like you're too worried about it. Just to feel her out.

Let it go too long without saying something and you'll be that fool at the poker table who hasn't figured out which player is the sucker because it's, well , you.

dom dom dom, we're trying to give constructive advice.

Highlifeman21
02-16-2007, 09:03 PM
At least you didn't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISg3P6AnLhQ

That wasn't that bad.

She was drunk and called him cheap. He could have owned her way better than that.

I just want to see the video after that video....

Razor Shines
02-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Your boss is stupid, she should never have let herself be put in that position, like others have said I think she has more to worry about than you do.

On a lighter note, in the words of Chick McGee: "Don't record anything, don't write anything down, deny, deny, deny."

goreds2
02-16-2007, 09:23 PM
coworkers took some pictures on their phones...

"Damn that progress all to hell"
(Partial Planet of the Apes)

"My advice to you is to drink....heavely" (Animal House)

(These are the most funny thread responses I have ever read) :laugh:

Good luck sir.

Whom ever can, give him some Reputation Points here:

CougarQuest
02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
It's amazing what co-workers can do with photoshop, right thatcoolguy? And that's your story and your sticking to it.

Hap
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I made out with my married boss last night and some of my coworkers took some pictures on their phones...

http://i2.tinypic.com/263tweb.jpg

thatcoolguy_22
02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
You guys are bloody brilliant!!!!!!

And she is a gorgeous chick btw ... but of course I'm going to say that :)

Joseph
02-16-2007, 11:23 PM
You guys are bloody brilliant!!!!!!

And she is a gorgeous chick btw ... but of course I'm going to say that :)

Since you finally specified it was a chick I won't have to relate my wife's question. :)

Dom Heffner
02-16-2007, 11:26 PM
dom dom dom, we're trying to give constructive advice.

I said out, not up. :)

Danny Serafini
02-17-2007, 12:30 AM
This is when it's nice to work for your dad. I don't have to worry about problems like this popping up.

creek14
02-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I see that you work at Langley. Please tell me you are either a civilian or contractor, cause if you are in the military, I think you're going to have more problems than the scorned hubby and gossiping coworkers.

She's in more trouble than you. But I think I would find new people to party with.

GAC
02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure if we can talk about this on the forum but I need advice...

How should I handle this situation on work monday?

better yet.... how is the married boss (and her spouse) gonna handle it?

You may have to change your username though. ;)

GAC
02-17-2007, 08:16 AM
With out seeming like a jerk

Everyone is hot when in a bar and it involves alcohol. There have been a few times when I would have made out with Rosie O'Donnell! :lol:

Chip R
02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Everyone is hot when in a bar and it involves alcohol. There have been a few times when I would have made out with Rosie O'Donnell! :lol:

Yeah, like she would ever be that drunk. :mooner:

GAC
02-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah, like she would ever be that drunk. :mooner:

Well, if you weren't wearing so much lipstick she probably would have taken a liking to you. :mooner:

MaineRed
02-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure how you get to the point where you are making out with someone's wife in a bar.

I can tell you one thing pal, you are lucky it wasn't my wife.

KittyDuran
02-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure how you get to the point where you are making out with someone's wife in a bar.

I can tell you one thing pal, you are lucky it wasn't my wife.I take it that hubby wasn't there... and I'm sure making out wasn't on the agenda for the night. Anyhoo... that must be some bar! :beerme:

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 10:14 AM
I can tell you one thing pal, you are lucky it wasn't my wife.

This is great support of why you need to see how things are with this girl. Can her husband see the photos? Does anyone in the group know him?

Most of the negligence lies with her, but you'll be the one that takes the fall if her husband can't see that.

Heath
02-17-2007, 10:17 AM
I see that you work at Langley. Please tell me you are either a civilian or contractor, cause if you are in the military, I think you're going to have more problems than the scorned hubby and gossiping coworkers.

She's in more trouble than you. But I think I would find new people to party with.

This is the plot part that thickens........

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 10:28 AM

She's in more trouble than you.

Ah, yes, morality lessons from the U.S. government.

Mr. Pot, have you met my dear old friend, Mr. Kettle?

creek14
02-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Ah, yes, morality lessons from the U.S. government.

Mr. Pot, have you met my dear old friend, Mr. Kettle?
Oh yeah, cause corporate America is so moral.

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, cause corporate America is so moral.

My point wasn't that one actually is more moral than the other. Wherever people are involved, nothing's perfect.

My point was that corporate America doesn't have such rules, for the most part. I've worked in places where affairs were going on and nobody ever got punished for it. Adultery is legal, and to make it some sort of punishable offense by an entity that is notorious for breaking the law or acting immoral strikes me as strange.

thatcoolguy_22
02-17-2007, 11:25 AM
My point wasn't that one actually is more moral than the other. Wherever people are involved, nothing's perfect.

My point was that corporate America doesn't have such rules, for the most part. I've worked in places where affairs were going on and nobody ever got punished for it. Adultery is legal, and to make it some sort of punishable offense by an entity that is notorious for breaking the law or acting immoral strikes me as strange.

The bureaucracy is disappointing but the hypocrisy is maddening.

Betterread
02-17-2007, 11:41 AM
. Adultery is legal, and to make it some sort of punishable offense by an entity that is notorious for breaking the law or acting immoral strikes me as strange.

Here's a few facts offered to offset a couple ofsweeping generalizations that have been made:
The Uniform Code of Military Justice does not specifically prohibit adultery, but it does contain a provision, Article 134, prohibiting "all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces [and] all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces . . . ."
Manual for Courts-Martial expressly defines adultery as violating the "prejudice of good order" provision of the Uniform Code.

It is true that adultery often bespeaks a character flaw, but so do a host of other forms of private conduct that the military does not proscribe.

Adultery is illegal in 24 US states.

Roy Tucker
02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Apologize to her first thing Monday morning. Tell her she is a sweet gal, but between her being your boss and being married, it was a big mistake.

And don't go out drinking with them again. If you do, stay far, far away from her.

You're not doing her any favors by putting her in a very compromising position. Both of you could get fired.

Just to be clear, making out with your married boss is a really bad idea. Learn from it.

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE]Adultery is illegal in 24 US states.[/QUOTE

Any indictments or convictions lately?

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Here's a few facts offered to offset a couple ofsweeping generalizations that have been made:

Very interesting. Thanks for the post.

All I've said is that it is a punishable offense. If it isn't specifically addressed but can fall under another umbrella and therefore be punishable, I'm not sure there is much of a difference.

In fact- it would probably make it worse because then some people get punished and some people don't.

No idea if that actually occurs but that's the situation the law seems to set up as written.

GIK
02-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Adultery is illegal in 24 US states.

Adultery = life in prison in Michigan

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/24/MNG2ONNQ521.DTL&feed=rss.news

Matt700wlw
02-17-2007, 12:28 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/01/24/MNG2ONNQ521.DTL&feed=rss.news

That's pretty stupid.

So is adultery......but, it shouldn't be a crime.

Dom Heffner
02-17-2007, 01:01 PM

From the article:

"...an obscure and seldom-used provision of the state's criminal law became the subject of international scrutiny."

This is not commonplace.

GIK
02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
No, it's not, but it was used recently. Not that I agree with life in prison for adultery. I would have much worse things to deal with, ie my father-in-law. I just won't go there.

GAC
02-17-2007, 03:54 PM

In Ohio we call that marriage! :mooner:

creek14
02-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I wasn't even talking about adultery. I was talking about the whole military chain of command thing.

thatcoolguy_22
02-17-2007, 05:20 PM
in ny its illegal to tie your giraffe to a lightpole...:rolleyes:

guttle11
02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
in ny its illegal to tie your giraffe to a lightpole...:rolleyes:

Oh crap, I gotta make a road trip.

thatcoolguy_22
02-17-2007, 05:48 PM

make sure you have enough change for the parking meter...

GAC
02-18-2007, 04:50 AM

LMAO! I just choked on my coffee.

Of course llamas are exempt from that law. :mooner: