PDA

View Full Version : Feelin' good about the site? Please read...

GIK
02-17-2007, 07:57 PM
First off, I want to say thanks to everyone for making our seventh year nothing less than spectacular. I like to think this is one of the better sites on the 'Net and it's clear why...you! We have a very high caliber group of individuals here who, on a daily basis, share great information with us all.

Thank you!

Every year, about this time as Pitchers and Catchers report, we ask for donations to keep the site running smoothly for the season. Hopefully one of these times I'll hit the Mega Millions and this won't be necessary, but until then, it is our way of continuing RedsZone without distracting banner or pop-up ads. As we continue to grow and become more popular, we are solicited more frequently to do this. I would rather not.

Unlike many other websites or forums which rely on this form of intrusive advertising, RedsZone does not and never has. The site is made possible through voluntary donations by members. If you enjoy RedsZone, then please support it by making a donation.

Donations may be made through PayPal (A PayPal account is NOT needed. You can also use a Credit Card or eCheck).

To make a donation, please click the link below:

DONATE! (http://www.redszone.com/donate.html)

Mostly though, we're offering that warm fuzzy feeling you get inside for helping out. Of course, nobody is under ANY obligation to participate. If you choose not to donate, it's 100% OK and all your current privileges will continue. If you do, I and everyone else who uses the forum can't thank you enough. You all already make this a pretty cool place to hang out and you'll be keeping that going.

Again, many thanks to all those who participate and make this place what it is!

-Matt :beerme:

RFS62
02-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm in.

Best money you'll ever spend.

:beerme:

Scrap Irony
02-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Done and done. According to the site, less than 1% pay anything?

For shame...

(He says, recently ponying up for the first time.)

WVRedsFan
02-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm in again. RedsZone is the first place I go every day on the net, even in the off-season. Many thanks to GIK, Boss and all the moderators for continuing to have this forum for all of us.

GIK: You'll see two from me and I intended it that way, so the total of the two is my contribution.

Team Clark
02-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Done. Happy to do it. Although the board has changed quite a bit in the last 12-18 months I still check in almost every day. Like '62 says. Best money you'll ever spend.

mbgrayson
02-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Count me in too. Thanks for all the unseen work that goes into keeping this great site running!

oneupper
02-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Didn't have to remind me this year. I sent my 2007 Redszone "tax" in a several weeks ago.

(Just kidding...I'm happy to chip in).

camisadelgolf
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm a first-time donator. I'm a poor student, so I paid what I could, but I was wondering: is there some kind of gauge or an amount that would be deemed "appropriate"?

GIK
02-18-2007, 11:40 AM
The amount you feel comfortable with is the amount I recommend. :) Honestly, it differs for each person and every amount is greatly appreciated. Based upon donations from last year, however, the "normal" range was $20-30.

Thanks to all who have helped us thus far! :thumbup:

pedro
02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Done. Nice that you can offer straight CC pmt too for those who don't have paypal.

top6
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Done. Nice that you can offer straight CC pmt too for those who don't have paypal.Agreed.

I think the last time I tried to donate, I needed a Pay Pal account, and didn't have one.

Anyway, this is pretty much the best message board I've ever been a part of (even though I rarely contribute), so it's definitely money well spent.

Go Reds.

wally post
02-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm in!
This place is the best. I enjoy it everytime I come by for a visit -
thank you - ALL!

LawFive
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Done!

15fan
02-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I always enjoy making the annual co-pay for my therapy.

cincyinco
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
So, is there any other way other than paypal to make a donation?

I hate paypal(long story, but you can visit paypalsucks.com for a list of horror stories), and refuse to use their services. Could I send a money order somewhere?

GIK
02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
You can use a credit card via PayPal (without an account), but other than that no, there isn't another method. Thanks for asking.

Heath
02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
So, is there any other way other than paypal to make a donation?

I hate paypal(long story, but you can visit paypalsucks.com for a list of horror stories), and refuse to use their services. Could I send a money order somewhere?

You can use a credit card via PayPal (without an account), but other than that no, there isn't another method. Thanks for asking.

well, there is - but I only take cash and Boss and GIK never see it.........

:D

Puffy
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm in - almost the same satisfaction I get from when I call up a prostitute.

WVRed
02-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Done.

Ravenlord
02-21-2007, 03:29 AM
think i sent it correctly...if i didn't, PM me around March 1st.

RedFanAlways1966
02-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks for a great site and setting up the credit card payment option. :thumbup:

StillFunkyB
02-24-2007, 08:07 AM
YGPP

Thanks Guys!

Jr's Boy
02-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Done.

Marty and Joe
03-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Done.

Haven't had time to post much recently, but, still stop by frequently for a quick scan - best source for the Reds anywhere.

:beerme:

GullyFoyle
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
As always thanks for the great site and everyone else thanks for the great reading.

TheBigLebowski
03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Done. Happy to do it.

Scrap Irony
03-25-2007, 11:09 PM
So, what's the status of the site? Are we in the black?

GIK
03-26-2007, 11:39 AM
We're pacing a little under last year, but we'll be OK. I changed our billing from monthly to annual (and saved a bit), but our host has asked us to think about moving up to a more costly service in the summer (if we need it, i.e. as we all know during trade season or if the Reds are playoff contenders). That being said, I don't forsee any problems this year.

Thanks again to all who have donated thus far! It's really a big help and greatly appreciated.

Boss-Hog
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
As GIK said, thanks to all who donated to keep the site running.