PDA

View Full Version : The saddest story in the history of the universe

cincinnati chili
02-18-2007, 01:52 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/17/death.television.reut/index.html

I'd like to think that when I die, somebody will notice I'm gone.

thatcoolguy_22
02-18-2007, 02:02 AM
a year?!?! I had free cable for a year once. that was a great year

redsmetz
02-18-2007, 06:59 AM
I had a neighbor who was having problems during the early stages of her divorce. She was staying at her folks for days on end. I finally told her she needed to tell us when she was going so we didn't need to worry and I specifically said I didn't want to be one of those neighbors who said "oh we just assumed" etc. The woman next to her is single and when she goes away she sends me an email and her itinerary so we know to keep an eye out for things.

That is a sad story.

savafan
02-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Okay, I don't mean to desensitize the story any, but he was blind...and he died while watching TV...what doesn't make sense here?

TeamCasey
02-18-2007, 08:08 AM
My tv has SAP. It'll give you all the details of a show, like you're reading a play.

savafan
02-18-2007, 08:26 AM
My tv has SAP. It'll give you all the details of a show, like you're reading a play.

That's what that is? I always thought it was for if you wanted to hear a Spanish language track. You learn something new every day...

westofyou
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
My wifes GM had a neighbor who died in her home... much knocking ensued and eventually the Terrace Park cops kicked in the door, the poodle ate her hand in the week she was there alone.

Mans best friend eh?

Redsland
02-18-2007, 11:13 AM
A woman was found in dead in her Cincinnati home last January. Same thing. She was in front of the TV, and it was estimated she died in August of '03.

:help:

dougdirt
02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
A woman was found in dead in her Cincinnati home last January. Same thing. She was in front of the TV, and it was estimated she died in August of '03.

:help:

I remember that..... that was messed up.

SunDeck
02-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Man, it's hard to imagine having an elderly neighbor and not paying close attention to them. In my neighborhood, we get antsy if the old couple next door leave their trash cans out for an extra day.

Anyway, what is it about those televisions that's killing people?

westofyou
02-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Lost
The O.C.
Grey's Anatomy

Heath
02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Lost
The O.C.
Grey's Anatomy

Back-to-Back reruns of Full House and Who's the Boss

Red in Chicago
02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
That's what that is? I always thought it was for if you wanted to hear a Spanish language track. You learn something new every day...

i thought the same thing sava:laugh:

KronoRed
02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Back-to-Back reruns of Full House and Who's the Boss

Don't forget Growing Pains

pedro
02-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Don't forget Growing Pains

4 words

Saved

By

The

Bell

vaticanplum
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
http://www.umich.edu/~uac/threeweeks/Volume2.9/vicki.jpg

I'm sure that this poor man, wherever he is, is looking down us, smiling fondly at the manner in which he's being memorialized.

SunDeck
02-18-2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.umich.edu/~uac/threeweeks/Volume2.9/vicki.jpg

I'm sure that this poor man, wherever he is, is looking down us, smiling fondly at the manner in which he's being memorialized.

At least we started out nice.

George Foster
02-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Man, it's hard to imagine having an elderly neighbor and not paying close attention to them. In my neighborhood, we get antsy if the old couple next door leave their trash cans out for an extra day.

Those neighbor's sucked!! What about his yard? What about his mail? What about no footsteps in the snow, etc.

I'm a busy guy but if I knew I had a blind oldman that lived by himself as a neighbor, I would have noticed. Think about it, his yard was not mowed for a year!

Something we have not heard about was if a family member found him dead, and cashed all of his Social Security checks....still to early in the investigation I guess.