PDA

View Full Version : ESPN fires Michael Irvin

jmcclain19
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Considering how little they had on Harold Reynolds when they fired him - I'm shocked that it took this long to "not extend" Michael's contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2769871&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

NFL analyst Michael Irvin no longer with ESPN
ESPN.com news services

ESPN announced that Michael Irvin, who had been an NFL analyst for ESPN since 2003, is no longer with the network.

ESPN Communications Vice President Josh Krulewitz issued a statement, saying "We thank Michael for his contributions to ESPN and wish him well."

Irvin retired in 2002 after 12 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame during Super Bowl festivities two weeks ago.

WMR
02-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Happy day!! Blathering idiocy taken to new, staggering heights.

BoydsOfSummer
02-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Now maybe Tom Jackson can return to form. Sitting him next to that braying jackass dropped his I.Q. a bunch.

Redhook
02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Good riddance! It's amazing that arse was on for so long.

Chip R
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Now the others won't have to kiss his ass the next time he does or says something stupid. Knowing them, though, I assume w\they will bring in someone like him.

TeamBoone
02-18-2007, 10:11 PM
What is Harold Reynolds doing these days? Anyone know?

jmcclain19
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
What is Harold Reynolds doing these days? Anyone know?

Last I heard he tried to catch on with TBS or Fox to do some national coverage, but I haven't heard of anything that's been signed to do yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a year off and pop up next year.

MaineRed
02-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Now maybe Tom Jackson can return to form. Sitting him next to that braying jackass dropped his I.Q. a bunch.

Someone, something certainly has made Jackson angry the last few years. He's actually as angry an analyst as I can recall.

SunDeck
02-19-2007, 12:33 PM
I will miss his suits.

RedFanAlways1966
02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Pehaps Michael Irvin should become a drug counselor. We all know that he will confiscate a friend's crack-pipe and keep it in his car so the friend will not have a tool to do the evil drug. Heck of friend. Will risk arrest for possession drug paraphenelia to help a friend. A guy like this could help many other addicts. I am sure he'd confiscate their drugs too... all for their own good of course.

:devil:

SunDeck
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Pehaps Michael Irvin should become a drug counselor. We all know that he will confiscate a friend's crack-pipe and keep it in his car so the friend will not have a tool to do the evil drug. Heck of friend. Will risk arrest for possession drug paraphenelia to help a friend. A guy like this could help many other addicts. I am sure he'd confiscate their drugs too... all for their own good of course.

:devil:
That's such a jaded view, man. You don't know Michael Irvin at all.
A couple years back, I met him at Dulles Airport. He was in the bathroom, eating balloons full of medicine for a poor kid in New York City. Obviously, he knew TSA would confiscate the stuff.

redsfan1966
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
this is good news--albeit long overdue--i never understood how michael irvin kept his espn gig when others were let go for far less...good riddance..he was overrated as an analyst and was embarassing to listen to on the Dan Patrick show...

CrackerJack
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I liked him better than Shannon Sharpe. But that's not saying much.

OSUredsFAN
02-20-2007, 12:01 PM
He'll resurface on the NFL network, just watch.

TeamSelig
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Awesome.

Irvin = very annoying, loud & unintelligent

BRM
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
He'll resurface on the NFL network, just watch.

That's exactly what I was thinking.