PDA

View Full Version : Rascal Flatts: Me and My Gang Tour 2007

Jpup
02-19-2007, 02:16 AM
I went to see Rascal Flatts in concert last night at Rupp Arena in Lexington. While I am not a big country music fan, I like some of it, I like Rascal Flatts and have for a couple of years now.

The concert was great. These guys are extremely talented and you can tell they really love what they are doing. It was a great show with pyro, video, and some great suprise songs. It was good to see them bring up a Make-A-Wish child duing their performance of "My Wish". They, of course, played all of their big hits and some of their other songs for their current album. Hotel California and Life Is A Highway were big hits with me as well.

Jason Aldean opened for RF and I'll just say that he isn't going to be headlining any tours very soon. He's not much of a singer live, IMO.

Has anyone saw these guys in concert? What did you think? I would definitely pay to see them again.

02-19-2007, 02:22 AM
My wife has seen them 2 or 3 times and she loves them. Thinks they are great. They are probably her favorites, along with Chris Cagle. I agreed to go see Cagle next weekend in return for her going to 2 Todd Snider shows, and another one in March. Rascal Flatts just isn't my thing. My country tastes are more along the lines of Robert Earl Keen or Shaver.

ABEsolutely
02-19-2007, 07:20 AM
My wife and I ended up seeing them in Palm Beach Florida when we were on vacation. I've always liked them, but they're her favorite act. It was her first concert ever, and man, was it awesome! Just like you say, they had amazing effects and all. They really put on a good show.
Two other things that were awesome about it:
1) Gary Allan opened for them, and he's my favorite country singer
2) Some dude gave us free tickets when we were walking to the gate. He just said, "Are you guys getting lawn seats?" When we said yeah, he just gave us 2 tickets. I guess his wife wanted a better view. We couldn't believe it.
But anyway--yeah Rascal Flatts is awesome in concert. Definitely recommended

IslandRed
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I've heard the Rascal Flatts live show is good. But they're one of the artists/groups -- and I don't mean to single them out, because there are many, many examples of this these days -- who owe their careers to vocal tuning (aka pitch correction). It's even used in live shows now.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find I'm liking the older stuff (of whatever genre) more and more. Those songs just sound more real without all the over-production and sterile corrected vocals.

TeamBoone
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
I saw them at "Jammin' on Main" in Cincinnati. I believe it was during the last year or two of the great event as, unfortunately, it's a thing of the past.

I liked them, but it's not my favorite type of music so I don't follow them very closely. I would probably not actually pay to attend one of their concerts.

WVRed
02-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Saw Jason Aldean at the WV Interstate Fair last year and I agree, he is a three hit wonder.

Rascal Flatts, I know they are from Columbus, and I know I am going to be bringing out the mob with pitchforks, but they are the country music version of N'Sync.

That being said, "Skin" and "I Melt" are probably my two favorite songs by them.

Jpup
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
but they are the country music version of N'Sync.

except they can play every instrument known to man, have tons of talent, and can sing. yep, they are just like 'N Sync.:bang:

I have heard that before, then I saw them in concert.

Larkin Fan
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Rascal Flatts, I know they are from Columbus, and I know I am going to be bringing out the mob with pitchforks, but they are the country music version of N'Sync.

Bull. Joe Don Rooney is a multi-talented instrumentalist. Jay DeMarcus is as well. These guys made their living as working musicians (not singing) long before Rascal Flatts hit the big time. Like 'em or hate 'em, people need to give them their due and comparing them to no talent hacks like N'sync isn't doing that.

Larkin Fan
02-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I've seen them twice, JPup. They've been great both times. It's always great to catch them here in Columbus anyway because it's like a "coming home" party.

Reds Freak
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Because they are from Columbus, I think Columbus country radio stations are required to play a Rascal Flatts song every other song. Nothing makes me turn the radio station more than a Rascal Flatts song. Their stuff is okay IMO but I've really just had enough of them. I guess they are just too pop for me anymore much like Keith Urban is nowadays and even some Kenny Chesney stuff. I know nothing is as country as it used to be but in the current era of country I'm more of a fan of guys like Brad Paisley and Josh Turner.

deltachi8
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
One of my Fraternity brothers handles their promotions for their label, I will pass along the praise from redZone to him.

Jpup
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
One of my Fraternity brothers handles their promotions for their label, I will pass along the praise from redZone to him.

you could pass a long some tickets, all access passes to me too. :D

justincredible
02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
While I am not a big country music fan...I like Rascal Flatts and have for a couple of years now.

The short answer: Rascal Flatts are not "Country" music. They are pop music.

As for Jason Aldean, I've never seen him live so I can't comment on that, but his CD is outstanding. He is one of my favorite "new" Country musicians.

Jpup
02-20-2007, 12:01 AM
The short answer: Rascal Flatts are not "Country" music. They are pop music.

As for Jason Aldean, I've never seen him live so I can't comment on that, but his CD is outstanding. He is one of my favorite "new" Country musicians.

i disagree that Rascal Flatts is not country. There are very country to me. Anybody that includes a banjo, a acoustic guitar, a fiddle, etc. are country to me.

As far as Jason Aldean, he just can't sing very well IMO. It was literally hurting my ears listening to him. That can't be a good thing. He looked like he was trying to eat the mic the whole time, that couldn't help.

Hollcat
02-20-2007, 01:01 AM
What songs does Jason Aldean sing?

Jpup
02-20-2007, 03:49 AM

"Why" and "Hicktown".

02-20-2007, 08:27 AM
i disagree that Rascal Flatts is not country. There are very country to me. Anybody that includes a banjo, a acoustic guitar, a fiddle, etc. are country to me.

Hold on a minute- I think you just called Yonder Mountain String Band a country band.

creek14
02-20-2007, 09:29 AM
So why can't someone say they like something without other people telling them how poor their taste is?

gonelong
02-20-2007, 09:43 AM
The only song I have ever heard from RFs is their "Life is a Highway" remake on the Cars soundtrack. I like it well enough.

GL

justincredible
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM

"Hicktown" and "Why" were his first two hits but "Amarillo Sky" is his best song so far.

I totally respect your opinion but will never consider groups like Rascal Flatts or singers like Kenny Chesney "country" music. I am not saying they are bad, or that I do not like their music as I do like some of it, but their style of music is much more pop than anything.

Their music usually lacks one of the single most important things a country song must have: the crying of a steel guitar!