PDA

View Full Version : O/U when JR will get hurt?

icehole3
02-19-2007, 07:07 AM
What's the over/under for when JR goes down, will it be B4 game 81 or after?

He may start the season on the DL. I just dont have much hope for him this year. He will get his way and be the CF. He probably will come to camp out of shape because of the hand, he'll whine about reporters doubting his ability to play CF. He's a hamstring pull waiting to happen. He will start slow in april. Im just not feeling good about the whole situation. I hope Im wrong. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

:p:

Grounds_Crew
02-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm not even going to make a guess about something like that. Maybe you should change your way of thinking and put some optimism on your lap. Maybe he will get hurt, maybe he wont...but don't be so pessimistic.

Junior plays 150 games.

Cedric
02-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not a pc type guy, but let's try and not be an icehole about this subject.

icehole3
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I thought it was a fair question to ask. Isnt this a forum? He has gotten hurt every year he's been here and all Im asking is what game he gets hurt.

Hap
02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon......

Grounds_Crew
02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I thought it was a fair question to ask. Isnt this a forum? He has gotten hurt every year he's been here and all Im asking is what game he gets hurt.

Ok...

I know it's a message forum, and of course you can ask whatever you want. I was just trying to put a little optimism in the back of your mind rather than getting into a discussion about something so negative this early. I think you took my comment the wrong way and thought I was being rude. Well, I wasn't, but if want to be so negative then so be it.

Let's say you make a guess when he will get hurt. Now, ask yourself this. Will you be happy if he gets hurt and your guess was correct about the timing?

Whether you took my comments the wrong way or not, I still like to stay optimistic.

AdamDunn
02-19-2007, 12:36 PM
125... give or take 10

icehole3
02-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok...

I know it's a message forum, and of course you can ask whatever you want. I was just trying to put a little optimism in the back of your mind rather than getting into a discussion about something so negative this early. I think you took my comment the wrong way and thought I was being rude. Well, I wasn't, but if want to be so negative then so be it.

Let's say you make a guess when he will get hurt. Now, ask yourself this. Will you be happy if he gets hurt and your guess was correct about the timing?

Whether you took my comments the wrong way or not, I still like to stay optimistic.

I guess it was a question out of frustration because I feel JR will not move to RF which playing RF IMO will keep him on the field. Im like a fair weather JR fan. I love when he hits game winning HRs, but I get frustrated when he can be so bull-headed about any move up or down in the lineup or the field. I can see his tenure with the Reds ending very ugly like Larkin's.

OnBaseMachine
02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure why a Reds fan would even start a thread like this.

dougdirt
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I guess it was a question out of frustration because I feel JR will not move to RF which playing RF IMO will keep him on the field. Im like a fair weather JR fan. I love when he hits game winning HRs, but I get frustrated when he can be so bull-headed about any move up or down in the lineup or the field. I can see his tenure with the Reds ending very ugly like Larkin's.

When were you around when anyone asked him to move down in the line up or switch positions? What did he say in response to the suggestions?

icehole3
02-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I dont have any links at this time and I will attempt to find them but it is common knowledge that he doesnt feel he should be moved from center and he would go ballistic if he's moved out of the 3 hole, OK this is where I'll get bashed but I do remember reading about it in the enquirer from the beat writer or from Daugherty.

dougdirt
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I dont have any links at this time and I will attempt to find them but it is common knowledge that he doesnt feel he should be moved from center and he would go ballistic if he's moved out of the 3 hole, OK this is where I'll get bashed but I do remember reading about it in the enquirer from the beat writer or from Daugherty.

Yet everything I have heard is that he is open to the idea of moving out of CF, but I have never read anywhere that he was asked to move from the #3 spot.

Redsland
02-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Over the past three years, he's tallied 523 ABs outside the #3 slot, including 409 from the clean-up position.

icehole3
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Yet everything I have heard is that he is open to the idea of moving out of CF, but I have never read anywhere that he was asked to move from the #3 spot.

In the past, that means years ago not last year. Basically what Im saying is I believe this is going to be to messy or to hot an issue for Narron and he'll be in CF once the season starts and then injured IMO before the all-star break. Eric Davis on the other hand finally relinquished CF to BHatcher and was able to stay healthier and thats all I want from JR... is to stay healthy. Guys if we're all gonna get pissed off about this then I apologize and will crawl back into the woodwork, sorry I brought this up. Mod you can close this subject or delete it.

George Foster
02-19-2007, 11:28 PM

This is a very fair question. The best predictor of the future is the past. He plays 110 games. Bats .230 35 ribeye stakes 12 homeruns.

WMR
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
185 games (counting playoffs)

WVRedsFan
02-20-2007, 12:39 AM

I think his thinking is (and I read this somewhere--probably on here or in Chris' blog) if you can find someone better than me, I'll move.

mth123
02-20-2007, 03:19 AM
I think his thinking is (and I read this somewhere--probably on here or in Chris' blog) if you can find someone better than me, I'll move.

Yeah, that's how I read it. What Griffey doesn't understand is that, when it comes to defense, every potential OF in camp except for Dunn or Conine is better than him at this point.

icehole3
02-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Thx guys I thought I was the only one who read that before. JR has taken exactly the same stance Larkin took. What he doesnt realize is, if he moves from CF we improve as a team and have a better chance at what will be his defining moment and put him in the hearts of all Reds fans and that is making the playoffs and going deep into the playoffs. He will behind he scenes not allow it to happen Im afraid.

Z-Fly
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
This is a very fair question. The best predictor of the future is the past. He plays 110 games. Bats .230 35 ribeye stakes 12 homeruns.

OUCH!!! If he plays that many games I hope he doesn't put up numbers like that. :eek:

If that happens then the question next year would be, How do we tell Griff to be the 4th or 5th outfielder.

redsmetz
02-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm not even going to make a guess about something like that. Maybe you should change your way of thinking and put some optimism on your lap. Maybe he will get hurt, maybe he wont...but don't be so pessimistic.

Junior plays 150 games.

I agree wholeheartedly and claim the same number of games. Bah Humbug to the OP. :thumbdown

redsmetz
02-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Over the past three years, he's tallied 523 ABs outside the #3 slot, including 409 from the clean-up position.

Don't confuse things with the facts now!

RANDY IN INDY
02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
No wonder he says "I only work in Cincinnati."

BRM
02-20-2007, 02:20 PM

3 slot: 696 ABs
4 slot: 409 ABs

He's also got 91 ABs in the 2 slot. He's actually been moved out of the 3 hole quite a bit the last three years.

redsmetz
02-20-2007, 02:37 PM

He's also got 91 ABs in the 2 slot. He's actually been moved out of the 3 hole quite a bit the last three years.

Well that sort of blows a hole in the OP's premise, doesn't it? I really don't understand the disdain he gets from some fans in this city. We're not New York or Philadelphia for heaven's sake!

Topcat
02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Game 63 on a rolled up tarpaulin as he goes for a ball while playing (RF)

BLEEDS
02-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't think he goes on the DL this year. They want to give Josh/Norris/Denorfia AB's - which means they spell him late in games, and he NEVER plays a day game following a night game.

I think they've learned their lesson - they need a HEALTHY Griff for 450 AB's instead of hoping for 600 AB's...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Razor Shines
02-22-2007, 12:46 AM

That can't be right. I've been told that he's "etched in stone" in the 3 spot, and that he'll throw a tantrum if he's moved out of it. So someone is wrong. Unless there is actually stone somewhere and his name is actually etched in the 3 spot, I guess I hadn't considered that.

Jr's Boy
02-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Thx guys I thought I was the only one who read that before. JR has taken exactly the same stance Larkin took. What he doesnt realize is, if he moves from CF we improve as a team and have a better chance at what will be his defining moment and put him in the hearts of all Reds fans and that is making the playoffs and going deep into the playoffs. He will behind he scenes not allow it to happen Im afraid.

I agree he needs to move from CF,but Griffey is the least of our worries right now.Junior doesn't improve the pitchers mound.

dougdirt
02-22-2007, 03:16 AM
I agree he needs to move from CF,but Griffey is the least of our worries right now.Junior doesn't improve the pitchers mound.

I agree....he doesnt improve the pitchers mound. He does however hurt the pitchers mound due to the lack of range he has in CF. Balls fall in that normally would not for a better fielding CFer. He really needs to be in a corner position and let someone faster out there to roam CF.

icehole3
02-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Thats basically all Im talking about, he's trying but he's gotten to old and it's beginning to show in the field. In RF he could do the job no problem.