PDA

View Full Version : Majewski

Redlegs
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Does anyone think Bowden didn't know he was sending the Reds damaged goods when he sent Majewski to the Reds?

Looks like ole' Leather Pants really got one over on Krivsky and the Reds. Hopefully they'll be once bitten, twice shy when dealing with a used car salesman. (Apologies in advance to any used car salesman.)

TexasRed
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
OK, so let's say the Reds file a grievance (what's taking so long anyway?) and win. Does anyone have any specific information on what might be presented as compensation?..... I mean do we get some new baseballs and a season pass to as many 'Nat's games as a person can stomach, or something real (like another (good) reliever)??

pedro
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Does anyone think Bowden didn't know he was sending the Reds damaged goods when he sent Majewski to the Reds?

nm.

zombie-a-go-go
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Looks like ole' Leather Pants really got one over on Krivsky and the Reds. Hopefully they'll be once bitten, twice shy when dealing with a used car salesman. (Apologies in advance to any used car salesman.)

If you'd said (Apologies in advance to seminal 80's hair band Great White), this would have been a winning post.

redsmetz
02-19-2007, 03:32 PM
What I'm curious about is, if the Reds prevail, what is the compensation exactly? In a story last summer, the Washington Post quoted an MLB spokesman as saying there was precedent for "awarding compensation", but didn't cite any previous cases. Anyone else recall anything like this?

Redlegs
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
I would think they would be compensated by draft picks, but I'm not sure.

Redlegs
02-19-2007, 04:06 PM
If you'd said (Apologies in advance to seminal 80's hair band Great White), this would have been a winning post.
I would have does so had I used the words "my, my, my" before once bitten, twice shy.

redsmetz
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I would have does so had I used the words "my, my, my" before once bitten, twice shy.

After I ran this through the Babelfish Translator on Altavista.com, it finally made sense:

Ich würde also hatte mich verwendete die Wörter haben ", die meine sind, mein, mein" vorher gebissen einmal, zweimal schüchtern.

TeamSelig
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't really buy that too much... I'm sure Bowden knew Majik had some pain in his arm, but I don't think thats why he did the deal. He did the deal because the core of the deal boiled down to two relievers for a starting SS (2b I guess) and a starting RFer.