PDA

View Full Version : A little help...

Krash
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Can anyone help me with adding an avatar? I know it's simple, I just can't figure it out on this site. Thanks.

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Can anyone help me with adding an avatar? I know it's simple, I just can't figure it out on this site. Thanks.

You cannot add an avatar until you have been on this board and earned 200 rep points. Check the FAQ's on the bar (red) above for more info or look here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31261

TStuck
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Members can't add avatars until they reach 200 rep points. One of the perks...:)

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
If there's not a link that discusses "reputation points" post back here with any questions (I couldn't find one, and there should be one, IMO).

Basically members of the site with over 200 rep points can give you positive or negative rep points for posts that you make. Make good posts and people will "rep" you. Make enough of them and you'll get to 200 and be able to add an avatar and post in the ORG forum.

Grounds_Crew
02-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Well, I have over 200 reputation points and I don't see anywhere in my user control panel to load an avatar. So...I need help with this also. I really wish that we could use image based sigs too.

Krash
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Strange...but, okay. I'll do my best. Thanks.

Can you give me some points for that...

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, I have over 200 reputation points and I don't see anywhere in my user control panel to load an avatar. So...I need help with this also. I really wish that we could use image based sigs too.

The requirements for access to ORG (sent to me from Boss a little while ago):

200 reputation points
60 posts
Active member for 30 days.

You need all three. I believe you, Grounds_Crew are only held back by the 30 day point and that should be coming up soon for you.

Grounds_Crew
02-19-2007, 05:06 PM
The requirements for access to ORG (sent to me from Boss a little while ago):

200 reputation points
60 posts
Active member for 30 days.

You need all three. I believe you, Grounds_Crew are only held back by the 30 day point and that should be coming up soon for you.

I was actually concerned about the avatar...so, do the same guidelines affect that as well?

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
I was actually concerned about the avatar...so, do the same guidelines affect that as well?

Yes, you have to be an ORG member before you are allowed to have an avatar, so the same guidelines apply.

You joined on 1/23 so your 30 days should be coming up this week and then you should get the option to add an avatar.

Boss-Hog
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes. This rule is the one additional perk that those with ORG posting access have and it's for bandwidth reasons (that's also why we don't allow image signatures).

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes. This rule is the one additional perk that those with ORG posting access have and it's for bandwidth reasons (that's also why we don't allow image signatures).

Boss - glad you stopped by. Is there a direct link on the FAQ page that describes and explains reputation points? I couldn't find it, if so and I think that's one of the things this board gets questions on the most...

Boss-Hog
02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Boss - glad you stopped by. Is there a direct link on the FAQ page that describes and explains reputation points? I couldn't find it, if so and I think that's one of the things this board gets questions on the most...
I agree that's something we need to implement. When users ask me about reputation matters, I usually direct them to the thread (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35437) linked in the ORG forum description.

Red Leader
02-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I agree that's something we need to implement. When users ask me about reputation matters, I usually direct them to the thread (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35437) linked in the ORG forum description.

Thanks. I was trying to locate that to help Krash find the answers he was looking for, but couldn't find that post.