PDA

View Full Version : UC probes sex-tape claim

HotCorner
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPT0101/302200053/-1/CINCI

The University of Cincinnati is investigating allegations that four current football players and four recruits engaged in sex acts with a former UC soccer player during a recruiting visit.

The allegations were brought to the attention of UC president Nancy Zimpher, Daniel Cummins, director of judicial affairs; and Barbara Rinto, director of the UC Women’s Center in a letter that was dated Feb. 14 and signed, “A Concerned Athletic Department Employee.”

UC spokesman Greg Hand acknowledged today that the university is “conducting an investigation.”

“Daniel did get the letter and all I can say is that we’re looking into it at this point,” Hand said.

According to the letter, the sex acts took place during a party at which alcohol was served, that the sex acts were videotaped and that the tapes have been circulated around UC dormitories.

Rinto said she first saw the letter on Monday.

“What I would say to you is I got it and we are investigating the allegations in the letter,” Rinto said. “You want to pull it apart and find out what’s going on. Daniel and I and several others are proceeding to investigate the allegations in the letter…It’s a priority.”

If the allegations are true, Hand said, the student-athletes involved would have violated the university code of conduct and possibly regulations involving residence halls as well as athletic department policies regarding on-campus recruiting visits.

At this point, there are no allegations of criminal conduct.

“We just don’t know what we have,” Hand said. “The facts are that there are anonymous allegations and we’re trying to find answers.”

redsfan30
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
How we lookin?

Not good.

beb30
02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Time to do a limewire search.....:evil:

WMR
02-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Wow... 8 on 1??

beb30
02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I know a few UC soccer girls personally, but I think most of them graduated last year.....hmmmm

Red Leader
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I know a few UC soccer girls personally, but I think most of them graduated last year.....hmmmm

It does say "FORMER" soccer player....

beb30
02-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Just IM'ed the one girl I'm friends with who was a senior last year - should be able to find out who here soon enough.

UKFlounder
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Who said there's not enough "scoring" in soccer? :pimp:

Red in Chicago
02-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow... 8 on 1??

why would anyone ever want to be the second thru the eighth guy:eek:

Chip R
02-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Boy, it's a good thing they fired Bob Huggins.

Dom Heffner
02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Just IM'ed the one girl I'm friends with who was a senior last year - should be able to find out who here soon enough.

Well if she can get a hold of the tape, I know a private investigator who would love to get his hands on it.

why would anyone ever want to be the second thru the eighth guy

There are certainties in life that make me smile: The sun rising in the East, the beginning of spring, my cat waking me up when he's hungry every morning.

And we can add to that list Red in Chicago's reaction to anything where public sharing is involved. :)

Boy, it's a good thing they fired Bob Huggins.

Nancy Zimpher needs to realize there is the way the world is and the way you want it to be.

Heading a University where the majority of the students are under 22, things like this are going to happen.

I liken the strict disciplinarians to the driving instructor who demands you stay in your lane at all times. It is a compelling argument, he's right, but doing it successfully at all times is impossible.

I'm not sure I'll ever get over the firing of Bob Huggins.

edabbs44
02-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I understand the accused will be holding a private workout for Marvin Lewis this weekend.

oneupper
02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Does the university's code of conduct prohibit sex or just getting caught doing it on tape?

CougarQuest
02-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Are the four football players complaining to someone, the four recruits or the former soccer player?

Where in that article did it say the former soccer player was a female?

Dom Heffner
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM

I assumed it was multiple guys and a girl because you don't see many tapes floating around of 8 guys having at it.

Not sure how far that one would "get around" a dormitory.

RedFanAlways1966
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I assume unless it was a goalie, then no hands were used? I'd hate to see a hand-ball called. Is this a red card kind of violation? My guess would be a mid-fielder who plays in the middle.

Team Clark
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Any links to the video yet? I want to make sure I investigate this thoroughly before I offer my opinion.

cincinnati chili
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Are the four football players complaining to someone, the four recruits or the former soccer player?

The latter was my first reaction.

How does this violate school policy? Seriously. Were there minors involved?

Team Clark
02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
The latter was my first reaction.

How does this violate school policy? Seriously. Were there minors involved?

If I had to guess it would be underage drinking. I have heard of such things...:laugh: Although I do not drink, I have witnessed plenty.

Cedric
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
College athletics is a major image business. It's not good PR when some of your college football team is throwing gangbang parties for recruits.

Maybe I'm not manly enough, but something about these stories turn my insides. I'm not saying the girl wasn't accepting or willing, just get's to me.

cincinnati chili
02-21-2007, 12:57 AM
College athletics is a major image business. It's not good PR when some of your college football team is throwing gangbang parties for recruits.

I totally agree and understand. I initially read it quickly and had thought that the university was already thinking of taking action. It looks like they're taking more of a wait and see approach.

beb30
02-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Well she didn't respond however wrote the following on her away message "None of Your Business" so I'm sure me and the rest of her friends/aquaintances have been asking her, but it sounds like the soccer team is sticking together and not letting it be known. I'm sure something will leak soon.

SunDeck
02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe I'm not manly enough, but something about these stories turn my insides. I'm not saying the girl wasn't accepting or willing, just get's to me.

I'd say an honorable man should find this kind of activity repulsive.

beb30
02-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Girl definetly has some issues if shes ok with pleasing 8 guys at 1 time.....I'd say some of the guys (2-8) have some issues as well.

Redlegs23
02-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Girl definetly has some issues if shes ok with pleasing 8 guys at 1 time.....I'd say some of the guys (2-8) have some issues as well.

And if #1 knew what kind of girl she was, he has some issues too.

beb30
02-21-2007, 12:37 PM
And if #1 knew what kind of girl she was, he has some issues too.

Man we are coming up with some pretty good conclusions:beerme:

dsmith421
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm not saying the girl wasn't accepting or willing, just get's to me.

I tend to think she was probably blackout drunk.

Razor Shines
02-21-2007, 12:55 PM
What would you do if you had a million dollars?
http://www.thecobrasnose.com/images3/OSlawrencecr.gif
"8 dudes at the same time."
Or wait maybe I got that quote wrong.

CrackerJack
02-21-2007, 03:48 PM
College students taking part in underage drinking and sex!!

This is an outrage! How could UC let this happen!!!??

Where are the parents!?

CougarQuest
02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I tend to think she was probably blackout drunk.

I tend to think the 8 guys were

too

DoogMinAmo
02-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Surprisingly little heard on this front...

Some rumors say it is untrue and blame the departed rowing staff, others claim it is true, but there was no foul play. I am curious to find out the truth, I just do not think I can trust what is printed in the enquirer. There seems to be some biased alterior motives there.

Cedric
02-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Surprisingly little heard on this front...

Some rumors say it is untrue and blame the departed rowing staff, others claim it is true, but there was no foul play. I am curious to find out the truth, I just do not think I can trust what is printed in the enquirer. There seems to be some biased alterior motives there.

It is known around campus as to who the girl is and the situation is real. The lack of a video is what will allow UC to cover this up. It's obviously destroyed by now.

And the female rowing team has every right to be vengeful and disgusted by Mike Thomas and UC. It's embarrassing what they have had happen to them, but that's another story.

DoogMinAmo
02-25-2007, 11:11 PM
It is known around campus as to who the girl is and the situation is real. The lack of a video is what will allow UC to cover this up. It's obviously destroyed by now.

And the female rowing team has every right to be vengeful and disgusted by Mike Thomas and UC. It's embarrassing what they have had happen to them, but that's another story.

Cedric,

That sounds eerily similar to rumors and heresay. Also if there is no video, where did the names and, uh, numbers come from?

Are you saying it was revenge of the crew team?

Cedric
02-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Cedric,

That sounds eerily similar to rumors and heresay. Also if there is no video, where did the names and, uh, numbers come from?

Are you saying it was revenge of the crew team?

I'm not saying there wasn't a video. I'm saying it was destroyed before any authority came and asked for it.
Trust me, a ton of students on campus know who the girl is. I'm not gonna say more than that.

And I'm nowhere near saying that the rowing team had anything to do with it. I don't think they did at all. I was just making a point about UC and Mike Thomas.

minus5
02-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm not saying there wasn't a video. I'm saying it was destroyed before any authority came and asked for it.
Trust me, a ton of students on campus know who the girl is. I'm not gonna say more than that.

And I'm nowhere near saying that the rowing team had anything to do with it. I don't think they did at all. I was just making a point about UC and Mike Thomas.

It would be hard for me to believe that no one would have made a copy or lots of copies of it was floating around at dorms.