PDA

View Full Version : It Was One Year Ago Today....

GAC
02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
My son just reminded me. On the 21st of February, 2006 our house burnt down. Man, where has that year gone? Even though everything worked out well in the end for our family, I want to forget the year 2006. Too many things got set on fire around here. :mooner:

redhawkfish
02-21-2007, 09:55 AM
I am glad every thing is well with your family now, and I hope 2007 is healthy and prosperous for you this year. I look forward to the in game chats again this year.:beerme:

GIK
02-21-2007, 10:06 AM
What a year, GAC! I'm glad everything turned out OK, but I can't imagine all of the stress it caused.

redsmetz
02-21-2007, 10:17 AM
I had joined Redszone a week or so earlier (I overlooked my anniversary here!) and I remember seeing a comment about a "GAC fund" or something like that. That's when I realized this was a cool place. Glad things have been put back in place.

Heath
02-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey, no one-year re-enactments, ok? Let memories carry on.

:D

Johnny Footstool
02-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm sure it was a tough time, but I'm glad you and your family made it through just fine.

KronoRed
02-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I want to forget the year 2006.

Amen :beerme:

RedFanAlways1966
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm sure it was a tough time, but I'm glad you and your family made it through just fine.

Here-here. Houses can be replaced... other things cannot. And think of the odds of it ever happening again? Gotta take those odds, GAC!

Blimpie
02-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Amen :beerme:I'll third that one...2006 was a sucky year in the Blimpie household, as well. :angry:

pedro
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Glad you're back on your feet GAC. I'm sure it was a very rough year for you and your family.

Yachtzee
02-21-2007, 08:11 PM
It's been good to see you and your family pull together and I think it showed the strength of the Redzone community.

Just remember GAC,

FIRE BAD!

http://www.mutantreviewers.com/ryf2.jpg

:)

Dom Heffner
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm just glad everything is okay for you now, GAC. I was sure pulling for you.

GAC
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I had joined Redszone a week or so earlier (I overlooked my anniversary here!) and I remember seeing a comment about a "GAC fund" or something like that. That's when I realized this was a cool place. Glad things have been put back in place.

It shows people that this is far, far more then a sports discussion forum. I have always viewed those on here as an "extended family." It's also why I enjoy the Redszone gatherings. And it wasn't just in my case either. There have been numerous other situations over the last few years where members have suffered heartache or tragedy and the people of this forum have shown concern and wanting to help a friend and fellow human being.

You people are on here made our "tragedy" far much more bearable last year.

The new house has come along great. We've pretty much got it settled in and "homey". The kids (not Dad) have even broken a few things already. But hey! That's what make it a home. ;)

Again - a deep thanks and appreciation to you all from my family.