PDA

View Full Version : The good things about Jerry Narron

savafan
02-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I know that Narron makes some decisions that at times leave us scratching our heads or throwing things at our tv from time to time, but I'd like for this thread to focus on the positive, what are the things about Narron that you like?

- He has the respect of his players in a way that Miley, Boone, and Knight before him didn't seem to have.

- He seems to be good at relating to both the young players and the veterans.

- He makes sure that everyone remains fresh and gets plenty of playing time.

I have to think that for the makeup of this roster, Narron seems to be the right man to lead this ship right now. You won't find a manager in MLB that won't make decisions that frustrate and irritate from time to time, but it's hard to find a manager who can seemingly get his players to excel above and beyond their projected abilities as consistently as Narron has seemed able to do.

savafan
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
LOL, okay, so I'm the only one who likes Narron. :p:

RollyInRaleigh
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I like Jerry Narron. I think he is a good guy. I'm just not completely sold on his managing abilities. I do like him a lot more than Knight, McKeon, or Miley. I think he is a work in progress. I wish him the very best.

lollipopcurve
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I like that he's level-headed and doesn't run down his players in the media.

redsmetz
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
LOL, okay, so I'm the only one who likes Narron. :p:

No, I like him too and the more I hear him expound on players and their abilities, the more I like him. He's hard to listen to in his interviews with Marty, but that might just be the format. When I heard him at Redsfest, he was very articulate about the team.

I think I shared this here, but last summer when my son and I were in Milwaukee checking out Marquette, we went to see the Reds play the Brewers (one of Milton's best games that night - he was scrappy!). We got there early and were watching BP wrapping up. Narron was walking in to the dugout and I told him he was doing a good job. At first it seemed to jar him (I can only imagine the abuse fans must dish out at games) and he smiled and said, "thanks".

I'm anxious to see what he can do this year.

George Anderson
02-21-2007, 01:36 PM
I think he has is a very humble guy unlike Boone and Knight were. I think this will help him become a better manager one day because he doesn't have the attitude that he invented the game and there is nothing more he can learn about the game .

TOBTTReds

I greatly disagree with this part. I think he has no idea how to manage young players. I like what he is doing with Josh Hamilton, but I think that is only because he is a family friend basically. He has never been known to give much additional attention to any young players like this. The way he managed EdE last year was crime.

RollyInRaleigh
I love to listen to him talk in that native North Carolina drawl. Then again, I've been accused of having a little "drawl" myself.

KittyDuran
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
- He has the respect of his players in a way that Miley, Boone, and Knight before him didn't seem to have.He's just a Barcalounger away from all heck breaking loose! ;)

KittyDuran
02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I love to listen to him talk in that native North Carolina drawl. Then again, I've been accused of having a little "drawl" myself.Gary Burbank on WLW does a drop dead impersonation of JN in "The Reds and the Restless".

Chip R
02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I like that he's level-headed and doesn't run down his players in the media.

That's what I like about him too.

jimbo
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
The way he managed EdE last year was crime.

That's a matter of opinion. I happen to think how he handled EE helped him in the long run.

savafan
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
That's a matter of opinion. I happen to think how he handled EE helped him in the long run.

I feel that way too, and I hope that the numbers EE puts up this season will show that.

Heath
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I think woy likes the way the sunshine plays upon his hair.
:p:

bucksfan2
02-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I know that Narron makes some decisions that at times leave us scratching our heads or throwing things at our tv from time to time, but I'd like for this thread to focus on the positive, what are the things about Narron that you like?

- He has the respect of his players in a way that Miley, Boone, and Knight before him didn't seem to have.

I have to think that for the makeup of this roster, Narron seems to be the right man to lead this ship right now. You won't find a manager in MLB that won't make decisions that frustrate and irritate from time to time, but it's hard to find a manager who can seemingly get his players to excel above and beyond their projected abilities as consistently as Narron has seemed able to do.

I think he is one of the worst managers in baseball. He did not handle the EE situation correct last year. When you have a young star you need to play him every day and not bench him because of an error.

I dont know if I really want a manager who is real chummy with the players. He is more of a players manager and I dont know if he truly has the respect of his players. He hasn't done anything with the Jr. sitaution even when moving him to right and droping him out of the 3 hole would make the team better.

pedro
02-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I like Jerry Narron. I think he is a good guy. I'm just not completely sold on his managing abilities. I do like him a lot more than Knight, McKeon, or Miley. I think he is a work in progress. I wish him the very best.

That's kind of how I feel about him too. I don't like the way he juggles the batting lineup and I'm not sure that his handling of the bullpen didn't exacerbate an already bad situation, but I do believe that he creates a good clubhouse environment, the importance of which I think gets overlooked by a lot of folks.

westofyou
02-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Top to Bottom Jerry's a "Baseball Man"

But so was Charlie Metro and he never managed a full season.

Matt700wlw
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
He's also a baseball guy. That's important.

flyer85
02-21-2007, 02:41 PM
He manages the game the "right way". :D

BRM
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
What does it really mean to be a "baseball man" or a "baseball guy"?

RollyInRaleigh
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM

Some people have told me that if you don't know, you never will.

BRM
02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Some people have told me that if you don't know, you never will.

Does that mean they don't really know either?

Matt700wlw
02-21-2007, 02:54 PM
The only ones who know are the ones who don't know.

dfs
02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I can name a short list of things that bother me about Jerry Narron, but in the end the truth is that Narron has taken a franchise full of underachievers that was on pace to lose 100 games in a season and he has finished right around 500 with them over the next 250 games. For all the goofy "baseball guy" talk and the inability to use players under the age of 30, You have to give him credit for what he has actually accomplished.

Bob Boone drove this franchise into a hole in the ground. Narron has at least moved it out of that hole.

Jaycint
02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
He has the deepest voice I've ever heard. Does that count?

Dunner44
02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I love that Narron doesn't talk down players in the media. You see guys like Leyland do that, and i guess for some players it works, but, especially in a town like Cincy, keeping feuds and such behind closed doors is a plus.

I wish he would have more consistent lineups, but if it keeps guys fresh....

lollipopcurve
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
the inability to use players under the age of 30

???? -- Phillips, Dunn, Encarnacion, Coffey, Harang

flyer85
02-21-2007, 03:08 PM
What does it really mean to be a "baseball man" or a "baseball guy"?think it has something to do with having "stitched balls".

oneupper
02-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I think Narron's slightly better than Miley and an improvement over Boone.

That doesn't make him good. Here's why:

He appears to be obsessed with "established" players and unwilling to give youngsters a shot. Case in point, Deno...who was given the right field position when Kearns was traded, only to have it taken away a week later (when he misplayed a fly ball). Then there's the EE saga (well documented here).

He is constantly "outmanaged" during games (anyone remember the Hafner GS?...just to name one instance). I seriously believe he doesn't understand
the risk/reward tradeoffs during a game and the season. He believes the team can come back from 5 runs under EVERY NIGHT, just because they may have done it once or twice.

The way he overworked the SP, especially when it wasn't necessary (i.e. the 135 pitch Harang game). The bullpen was bad, granted, but Narron made the worst of it...and pretty much wrote the whole bunch off to the press (contradicting what some have said here about not sounding off...).

Stated in a way RZoners like to express themselves:

Narron is a Replacement Level manager.

BRM
02-21-2007, 03:19 PM
think it has something to do with having "stitched balls".

:laugh:

Nice.

Chip R
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Barry White would say hi if he was still alive.

redsmetz
02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I think Narron's slightly better than Miley and an improvement over Boone.

That doesn't make him good. Here's why:

He appears to be obsessed with "established" players and unwilling to give youngsters a shot. Case in point, Deno...who was given the right field position when Kearns was traded, only to have it taken away a week later (when he misplayed a fly ball). Then there's the EE saga (well documented here).

He is constantly "outmanaged" during games (anyone remember the Hafner GS?...just to name one instance). I seriously believe he doesn't understand
the risk/reward tradeoffs during a game and the season. He believes the team can come back from 5 runs under EVERY NIGHT, just because they may have done it once or twice.

The way he overworked the SP, especially when it wasn't necessary (i.e. the 135 pitch Harang game). The bullpen was bad, granted, but Narron made the worst of it...and pretty much wrote the whole bunch off to the press (contradicting what some have said here about not sounding off...).

Stated in a way RZoners like to express themselves:

Narron is a Replacement Level manager.

But you claim "EE saga" is well documented here, but many here don't believe it was a standard benching, but something for EE to learn from. I believe he did and he's worked hard to improve his game. The situation with Denorfia was baffling, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

I completely understand his retiscence to go to his bullpen last year because there were times where you might have had to call in the EPA they stunk that badly. If the Hafner GS is the one Milton gave up, Narron stood up and said it was his mistake.

We'll see in time how Narron is, but I've said over and over again that Torre didn't look much different early in his career. I can't say Narron will reach such a level, but I think he deserves the chance to continue to mold this team.

westofyou
02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Barry White would say hi if he was still alive.

I love the sexy slither of a lady snake.

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/famosos/9F18BarryWhite.jpg

WMR
02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Hmm yeah that Harang game last season really was criminal and he was just as bad with Arroyo a couple times as well. The games were at points when leaving them in the game was just dumb.

Heath
02-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Top to Bottom Jerry's a "Baseball Man"

But so was Charlie Metro and he never managed a full season.

IIRC, Metro was one of Bob Howsam's choices before he "settled" on Sparky.

westofyou
02-21-2007, 03:40 PM
IIRC, Metro was one of Bob Howsam's choices before he "settled" on Sparky.

Charlie had a bridesmaid career.

Danny Serafini
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
He believes the team can come back from 5 runs under EVERY NIGHT, just because they may have done it once or twice.

So should he just concede once the team gets down a ways?

Cyclone792
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
But you claim "EE saga" is well documented here, but many here don't believe it was a standard benching, but something for EE to learn from. I believe he did and he's worked hard to improve his game. The situation with Denorfia was baffling, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

I completely understand his retiscence to go to his bullpen last year because there were times where you might have had to call in the EPA they stunk that badly. If the Hafner GS is the one Milton gave up, Narron stood up and said it was his mistake.

We'll see in time how Narron is, but I've said over and over again that Torre didn't look much different early in his career. I can't say Narron will reach such a level, but I think he deserves the chance to continue to mold this team.

What'd EE learn from other than the fact that he was riding the bench without an explanation from his manager? (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49133)

"Yeah, it's tough. I don't know what's going on," Encarnacion said. "The thing is, when they give me an opportunity to play, I'll try to do my job and try to do the best I can. That's the best thing that can happen for me right now."

-----------------

"This is the first time that I have to come to the ballpark and check the lineup to see if I'm playing at all," said Encarnacion, who is batting .293 with seven homers and 41 RBIs this season. "The only thing I want is to win games. If we win games, everything will be all right."

If lack of communication from a manager to a player is a good learning experience, then I've been through a whole host of bad learning experiences through my lifetime.

As far as the pitching situation ...

There is absolutely no reason - let me repeat that, no reason whatsoever - for a manager to NOT take every precaution necessary to protect the arms of his pitchers.

It doesn't matter if Bugs Bunny, Charlie Brown, Garfield, and the Pink Panther are all down in the Reds bullpen, there is zero excuse for Jerry Narron or any other manager to abuse his starting pitchers.

The Reds now have over $65 million tied up in Aaron Harang and Bronson Arroyo, and while many applauded the Reds on those extensions - myself included - it is now more imperative than ever for those two right arms to stay healthy. Last season both those guys combined for 39 starts of 110 or more pitches thrown, and there were quite a few individual games where it was absolutely absurd that they were left in the game as long as they were. There were even games that Harang and Arroyo started where their game pitch count didn't appear that excessive, but their pitches per inning for that game was dangerously high.

If you want to see a horrible situation, then envision one or both of those pitchers coming down with an injury. If anybody thinks this team is in questionable shape right now, just imagine what shape it will be in if Harang or Arroyo lands on the disabled list.

oneupper
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM

The EE saga IS "well documented" here. There are several threads with, as you mention, posts on both sides of the issue. Personally, I don't see what EE learned from being on the bench when he could have been playing. As far as I know, his problem wasn't lack of practice time.

The bullpen issue is closely tied to the risk/reward comment. Like in poker, you have to play the hand you're dealt (or toss it in). Narron would frequently prefer to leave a tired starter in the 6th or 7th down by four or more runs. Or worse, bring in an already overused "trusted" bullpen guy.

We'd see Coffey and Weathers pitching in "mop up" situations when guys like Burns or Standridge should have been out there getting in some work. The last two or three guys in the pen would get an outing every two weeks...and yeah...they'd stink. Narron would then complain how he didn't have a bullpen and Krivsky pulled out the stops to get him one (or something like one).

Teams like the REDS, IMO, cannot afford mediocre managers, since they can't put the most talent on the field (and therefore need to extract performance out of what they DO have). Narron will have a hard time finishing out his contract.

klw
02-21-2007, 04:27 PM
To be positive I can't disagree with a single game decision he has made this year.:)

oneupper
02-21-2007, 04:36 PM
So should he just concede once the team gets down a ways?

You can always bet on a longshot, if it's what you've got. You just don't put your house on it.

dfs
02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
???? -- Phillips, Dunn, Encarnacion, Coffey, Harang
You're absolutely right that I was sloppy in my expression. Under 30 isn't really what I meant.
Narron seems to very much prefer "established" players to young players with upside. Other's have called his treatment of EE criminal, but I think the worst one was the Lizard. I got the same sense with reluctance to use Bray. Dino can be tarred with the same brush. All of those are younger guys with some upside. It seems to me, that it would be best for the team and for the franchise to find out what those guys can do rather than run Castro or Clayton or Cormier or Conine out there.

The other side of that is that he DOES get points for Phillips and Ross. you have to balence those points with his exile of Felipe, Kearns and WMP.

At some point it becomes tough to distinguish what the GM is doing and what the manager is doing. The last two off seasons different reds GM's have aquired expensive older guys to staff the bullpen while minor league closer types have been freely donated to other franchises. I have to believe that Narron is at least partially responsible for that direction.

Hope that makes more sense.

Razor Shines
02-21-2007, 04:52 PM

I mostly agree with you. There are decisions that he makes occasionally that drive me crazy, but over all he's done a decent job. And I think he handled the EE situation pretty well last year.

Tom Servo
02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
That's my favorite thing about him. I was so taken aback when I first heard him, I definatly did not expect to hear the voice of the lead singer of the Crash Test Dummies coming out of Jerry's mouth.

redsfanmia
02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
I think he is one of the worst managers in baseball. He did not handle the EE situation correct last year. When you have a young star you need to play him every day and not bench him because of an error.

Defense matters so benching EE because he couldnt make a play at third is and was a good move. Its all about accountability.

Yachtzee
02-21-2007, 07:06 PM

I don't know, but get a group of them together and you have a "baseball bunch." :)

vaticanplum
02-21-2007, 07:36 PM
There are two qualities I admire above almost all else in the workplace, particularly in a managerial position: diplomacy and guts. Jerry Narron appears to have a very healthy does of the former.

He looks better in a uniform than a lot of other MLB managers.

I like Jerry Narron. I question his in-game judgment a lot, but within the bigger picture I think he is a good fit for this team at this time. The team is in a transitional stage and he's exactly that: a transitional manager. His prime talent is holding things together. For much of his tenure, that's been the Reds' manager's prime responsibility. He's not likely to run an average team -- which is exactly what the Reds have been during his time there -- into the ground. He's not likely to make that team great, either. I suspect that at some point one of his dumb decisions will blow up immediately (ie. the effects will be seen pretty quickly), and he'll lose his job. At that point the Reds will move toward a more fiery, more baseball-centric manager, and at that point that will be what the Reds need.

Marc D
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
People used to defend Miley and Boone too. Its spring time and all his failures aren't fresh in everyones minds. If they kept manager mistakes a stat it wouldn't be hard to look up Narron and realize he is indeed shy of replacement level. Botom line to me is he consistently fails to put his (meager)assests in a position to achieve maximum results on a consistent basis. IMO they win in spite of Narron, not because of him.

To be positive, he's nicer than Boone and smarter than Miley(then again so is my putter but thats beside the point).

Yachtzee
02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
But Jerry Narron never had to deal with Face, B.A., and Crazy Murdoc.

WVRedsFan
02-22-2007, 02:43 AM
Ah, it's nearly Spring and the whipping boy of the past is now the darling. Forget about his dumb moves and forget about his pinch-hitting of Castro in crucial situations. Forget about the 135-pitch fiasco he put Harang through. Forget about using EZ in relief when he is scheduled to pitch next and then going ahead and pitching him the next day in what was the most predictible disaster in modern Reds history. Forget about leaving pitchers in too long. Forget about a lot of things. Even though it's nearly Spring and I have a great positive attitude, that will not make me like him as a manager.

Only when and if Reds fans demand superior management from this ball club will the Reds ever contend again. As long as we settle for guys like Narron we will get what we deserve--no playoffs and sub-.500 seasons.

But it matters not. He has a nice voice, doesn't berate his players, and handled the EE situation well (WHAT!!!). Hope springs eternal, but this is a little much. Yes, other managers make boneheaded moves and he's better than Miley and Boone, but so are a lot of folks. WOW.

savafan
02-22-2007, 02:47 AM
and forget about his pinch-hitting of Castro in crucial situations.

That actually worked out at every game I attended. :p:

jmcclain19
02-22-2007, 03:31 AM
There are two qualities I admire above almost all else in the workplace, particularly in a managerial position: diplomacy and guts. Jerry Narron appears to have a very healthy does of the former.

He looks better in a uniform than a lot of other MLB managers.

I like Jerry Narron. I question his in-game judgment a lot, but within the bigger picture I think he is a good fit for this team at this time. The team is in a transitional stage and he's exactly that: a transitional manager. His prime talent is holding things together. For much of his tenure, that's been the Reds' manager's prime responsibility. He's not likely to run an average team -- which is exactly what the Reds have been during his time there -- into the ground. He's not likely to make that team great, either. I suspect that at some point one of his dumb decisions will blow up immediately (ie. the effects will be seen pretty quickly), and he'll lose his job. At that point the Reds will move toward a more fiery, more baseball-centric manager, and at that point that will be what the Reds need.

I started typing a well thought out, perfectly argued and obviously brilliant answer to the question posed, then I read this, and said screw it - she already said my piece. Thief.

WMR
02-22-2007, 05:13 AM
So, Jmc, how would you rank MLB managers in terms of how hot they look in their uniform, hottest to least hot? :laugh:

mth123
02-22-2007, 05:51 AM
Ah, it's nearly Spring and the whipping boy of the past is now the darling. Forget about his dumb moves and forget about his pinch-hitting of Castro in crucial situations. Forget about the 135-pitch fiasco he put Harang through. Forget about using EZ in relief when he is scheduled to pitch next and then going ahead and pitching him the next day in what was the most predictible disaster in modern Reds history. Forget about leaving pitchers in too long. Forget about a lot of things. Even though it's nearly Spring and I have a great positive attitude, that will not make me like him as a manager.

Only when and if Reds fans demand superior management from this ball club will the Reds ever contend again. As long as we settle for guys like Narron we will get what we deserve--no playoffs and sub-.500 seasons.

But it matters not. He has a nice voice, doesn't berate his players, and handled the EE situation well (WHAT!!!). Hope springs eternal, but this is a little much. Yes, other managers make boneheaded moves and he's better than Miley and Boone, but so are a lot of folks. WOW.

You forgot burning up his best relievers in blow outs and being forced to use the Ryan Franklins of the world in crucial spots the next day. Or using his LOOGY against right handed hitters and being disappointed in the results. Or not using his LOOGY when the spot called for it. Or pitching to guys who are the only threat in the opposing line-up when a walk was the obvious choice.

There are so many examples that we can't name them all, but Jerry Narron consistently made the wrong move strategically in 2006 and I believe that was your point. I couldn't agree more. This team needs a good bench coach to handle in game strategy and let Narron be a handler of men, which is a bigger part of the job IMO.

Since we are trying to say something nice, I will say the stories about his dealing with Josh Hamilton this offseason are very nice. Kudos for Narron on that handling so far.

bucksfan2
02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
There are so many examples that we can't name them all, but Jerry Narron consistently made the wrong move strategically in 2006 and I believe that was your point. I couldn't agree more. This team needs a good bench coach to handle in game strategy and let Narron be a handler of men, which is a bigger part of the job IMO.

To me Narron didn't have a feel of his team. He constantly made moves that backfired immediatly. I dont know how you quantify that but his moves were made too soon, too late, the wrong player was inserted. Personally I am not confortable with him managing the team.

WVRedsFan
02-22-2007, 09:36 AM
You forgot burning up his best relievers in blow outs and being forced to use the Ryan Franklins of the world in crucial spots the next day. Or using his LOOGY against right handed hitters and being disappointed in the results. Or not using his LOOGY when the spot called for it. Or pitching to guys who are the only threat in the opposing line-up when a walk was the obvious choice.

Since we are trying to say something nice, I will say the stories about his dealing with Josh Hamilton this offseason are very nice. Kudos for Narron on that handling so far.

Well, I guess I didn't say anyhing nice, and that's not right since from all indications he's a wonderful human being, but like you say, my point was exactly what you said. Unless you have a team deep in pitching and an offensive machine, guys like Jerry Narron don't win championships. That's what I would like to see--a championship. It's almost like we're really impressed with a guy as our manager who instead of finding ways to win with the talent he has, just makes the wrong moves time after time and is satisfied with being "respectable". If that's satisfying to the general public, fine. It's not acceptable to me.

But, we've all been through this before and it's beating a dead horse. As long as Krivsy and Bob C are in charge, we've got Jerry, so let's hope we can win despite him.

oneupper
02-22-2007, 09:44 AM
As long as Krivsy and Bob C are in charge, we've got Jerry, so let's hope we can win despite him.

Sorry, but you can't. Not good enough, not deep enough.

And IMO WK and BC are not married to JN AT ALL. They can be all lovey dovey for PR purposes, but as soon as JN gives them a good enough reason to sack him, he's gone.

RichRed
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Something positive to say about Jerry Narron:

I didn't ram a sewing needle into my eye when he pinch-hit for EE on July 20 with the bases loaded, despite the fact he was the Reds' best hitter with the bases loaded during the season, and ALSO despite the fact that he was already 2 for 2 with a walk up to that point in the game.

Whatever you feel about how he handled EE for his defensive shortcomings, it's moves like that that were borderline criminal, and could've done nothing to help a young player's confidence.

I truly believe he cost the Reds more than he hurt them. I'm sure he's a very nice man with a big heart, and I agree with the notion that he's a "transitional" manager - I'm just ready for the transition period to be over.

zombie-a-go-go
02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
When you're in the mood for something up-tempo, he's better than a slow sappy song.

redsmetz
02-22-2007, 01:41 PM
While every manager is hired to be fired, I don't think ownership is looking at Narron as a stopgap manager. I think they believe they have a competant major league manager. I don't believe they're being politically correct in saying nice things about him. I think Bob C and Wayne K think he's their man. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. After all, these are plain spoken men.

redsfan30
02-22-2007, 01:49 PM

"We" don't have a damn thing to do with anything as far as player/coaching moves are concerned.

jmcclain19
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
So, Jmc, how would you rank MLB managers in terms of how hot they look in their uniform, hottest to least hot? :laugh:

Charlie Manuel really rings my bell

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2005-08/19223761.jpg

Ltlabner
02-23-2007, 07:00 AM
But, we've all been through this before and it's beating a dead horse. As long as Krivsy and Bob C are in charge, we've got Jerry, so let's hope we can win despite him.

I'm not really sure BCast and Krivsky are married to Narron. There's no proof either way, IMO, but my gut feal is that if he continues to make some of the horrible decisions he's made, or the team totally implodes, he'll be on the next Comair flight to North Carolina.

westofyou
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
"We" don't have a damn thing to do with anything as far as player/coaching moves are concerned.

Sure we do.... I personally picked Knight for the job... you guys just don't remember. :p:

The Dodger fans in LA burned Walter Alston in effigy the first year they were in LA, that demand for "superior management" was a front page story and laughed at by the owners... for about 19 more years IIRC.

deltachi8
02-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I love the sexy slither of a lady snake.

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/famosos/9F18BarryWhite.jpg

Thanks, WOY, I just spit coffee on my keyboard.

On Narron - i think there are better, i thik there are worse. He is replacement level I suppose.