PDA

View Full Version : Question about new jerseys...

uks2h
02-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows anywhere that you can buy these. I don't want to buy one online. I was hoping someone might know if any of the stores in Cincy have them. I'm very anxious to get my Griffey one. I haven't bought a jersey for a good while, and while I felt comfy wearing my 30 jersey last season, I want to get a 3 one this year.

Any comments on the jerseys, help, or recommendations would be appreciated.

justincredible
02-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I am sure Cardboard Heroes would have them.

OesterPoster
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Cardboard Heroes does have them, but I'm not sure if they have a store other than the one in Beavercreek.

Here's their web listing of jerseys (I know, you said you didn't want to buy it over the internet):

http://store.cheroes.com/redsjerseys.html

uks2h
02-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Hmm. They must not make medium in the authentic ones or something. Anyone found a medium anywhere yet?

Edd Roush
02-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Do they make authentic Aaron Harang jerseys? Cardboard Heroes only appeared to have authentic Griffeys and Dunns. Any one have any info on this? Thanks.

maniem
02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I've never bought a jersey, so this is probably a dumb question. But is there really much of a difference between authentic and replica jerseys?

zombie-a-go-go
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
The authentics have the sleeve patches; other than that, I dunno.

Cyclone792
02-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I've never bought a jersey, so this is probably a dumb question. But is there really much of a difference between authentic and replica jerseys?

I posted this a few weeks ago, but it should help ya out. :thumbup:

Authentic jerseys are absolutely amazing. Replica jerseys are well ... merely replicas. I never realized how much quality and detail was left off the replica jerseys until I compared them to an authentic side-by-side. The number and lettering detail isn't included in the replicas, and sometimes not even the sleeve patches are stitched on. If you want a truly sweet jersey and can afford the price, the authentic is easily king.

However, if you plan on wearing the jersey frequently - especially to games, which constitutes about 95 percent of the time I wear one of my jerseys - you'll probably be better off with a replica. I've had too many close calls down at GABP and other stadiums with idiots sitting near me just seemingly trying to spill half their beer or 32 ounce soft drink all over me while I'm wearing a jersey. You'd be amazed how often something like that tends to happen while wearing something that you absolutely don't want ruined.

maniem
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I posted this a few weeks ago, but it should help ya out. :thumbup:

Authentic jerseys are absolutely amazing. Replica jerseys are well ... merely replicas. I never realized how much quality and detail was left off the replica jerseys until I compared them to an authentic side-by-side. The number and lettering detail isn't included in the replicas, and sometimes not even the sleeve patches are stitched on. If you want a truly sweet jersey and can afford the price, the authentic is easily king.

However, if you plan on wearing the jersey frequently - especially to games, which constitutes about 95 percent of the time I wear one of my jerseys - you'll probably be better off with a replica. I've had too many close calls down at GABP and other stadiums with idiots sitting near me just seemingly trying to spill half their beer or 32 ounce soft drink all over me while I'm wearing a jersey. You'd be amazed how often something like that tends to happen while wearing something that you absolutely don't want ruined.

Thanks for the clarification Cyclone. For some reason, I've always liked the road jerseys from last year. I've been looking around all over the web for them, and the only authentic one I could find that is still in stock is this one:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1743310

Everything else seems to be out of stock or not being made anymore. This doesn't seem like a bad deal for the price, but i'm not sure if Russell Athletic is as good as the Majestic jerseys. Does anyone know of another place that still sells the 2006 Road Jerseys?

ED44
02-22-2007, 03:58 PM
I am sure Koch's has them, too.

fisch11
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm waiting for an authentic Phillips jersey to hit the shelves.

Grounds_Crew
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the Reds Pro Shop at the stadium probably has them.

Cyclone792
02-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the clarification Cyclone. For some reason, I've always liked the road jerseys from last year. I've been looking around all over the web for them, and the only authentic one I could find that is still in stock is this one:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1743310

Everything else seems to be out of stock or not being made anymore. This doesn't seem like a bad deal for the price, but i'm not sure if Russell Athletic is as good as the Majestic jerseys. Does anyone know of another place that still sells the 2006 Road Jerseys?

I have an authentic Larkin road jersey from the 1999-2006 uniform style, and it's by Russell Athletic.

IIRC, Russell Athletic at least was the official uniform supplier of some MLB teams, including the Reds, but recently in the last one or two seasons the Reds (or all of MLB possibly) switched over to Majestic as the official uniform supplier. It seems as if the Reds may have switched over to Majestic for their authentic jerseys starting with the new 2007 uniforms, but I think all authentics for the 1999-2006 jersey style were made by Russell Athletic.

What may be a good indicator is if everyone who does have an authentic Reds jersey could post who the jersey was made by, either Russell Athletic or Majestic. I do know for certain that Majestic has supplied Reds replica jerseys for quite a few seasons now, however.

Redlegs
02-22-2007, 04:49 PM
ED44 said it best. Koch Sporting Goods on W.4th street, downtown, will have them. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but they used to be the uniform supplier to the Reds & Bengals.

Also, try eBay.

Redsland
02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
What may be a good indicator is if everyone who does have an authentic Reds jersey could post who the jersey was made by, either Russell Athletic or Majestic.
My '96 authentic roadie is a Russell, as is my '01 authentic home BP jersey.

RollyInRaleigh
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Majestic has been the authentic uniform supplier to all 30 MLB teams since 2005.

M2
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
You can buy New Jersey online?

RollyInRaleigh
02-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Probably cheaper than an authentic.;)

Cyclone792
02-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Majestic has been the authentic uniform supplier to all 30 MLB teams since 2005.

And that settles it. I also have an authentic batting practice jersey from last year that was made by Majestic, and I was confused when MLB had switched with the regular jerseys, but this clears all that confusion up.

RollyInRaleigh
02-22-2007, 06:33 PM
I, personally, prefer the Russell jerseys. They are always top notch. I have never been a big fan of Majestic as their cut and sizing are a little bit strange. Rawlings did a pretty good job with the uniforms for a lot of years, but I have always thought that Russell Athletic was at the top of the food chain when it comes to uniforms.

danwl
02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=OesterPoster;1247392]Cardboard Heroes does have them, but I'm not sure if they have a store other than the one in Beavercreek.

[QUOTE]

Man, I lived in Beavercreek from 1977-81 when I was just in elementary school. I went back a while ago and couldn't find ANYTHING it has grown so much. That is where the lifelong Reds story started for me. My two favorite memories were our trips to Riverfront for the Saturday doubleheaders and going to Dunigan's Sporting Goods in Beavercreek. Wonder if that is still there. Well, also, they gave out those blood-red bats as giveaways sometimes, and my little brother and I would go into the back yard and whack fireflies with them at dusk. Looked cool on the bats. I see now that was cruel, but hey, I was 10.:dunno:

maniem
02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
I am sure Koch's has them, too.

Great suggestion. They have the Majestic jerseys for $139.99 and have the option of personalizing it for an extra $50. On mlb.com, they have basically the same authentic jersey, but it is Russell, for only $63. Why such the difference in price? Perhaps mlb.com has it on clearance because it's outdated?