PDA

View Full Version : Adalius Thomas headed to Free Agency

WMR
02-22-2007, 05:53 PM
No franchise tag from the Ravens... how's that Justin Smith franchise tag lookin' now? Any way we could still get something done? Not sure where we're sitting salary-cap-wise but man would he look good in stripes (And NO, Raven-bashers, not prison stripes, BENGAL stripes!) :laugh: (Not that we have a lot of room to be making fun, but at least we don't have any murder charges on our roster)

Heath
02-22-2007, 05:53 PM
we'll take him in Cleveland.

Matt700wlw
02-22-2007, 06:03 PM
No franchise tag from the Ravens... how's that Justin Smith franchise tag lookin' now? Any way we could still get something done? Not sure where we're sitting salary-cap-wise but man would he look good in stripes (And NO, Raven-bashers, not prison stripes, BENGAL stripes!) :laugh: (Not that we have a lot of room to be making fun, but at least we don't have any murder charges on our roster)

Sign him, drop Justin's tag, let him walk.

That's an option that probably won't happen.

Razor Shines
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks to Peyton and Robert Mathis restructuring their deals the Colts have about 15 mil to spend. I wouldn't mind seeing a chunk of that going to Thomas.

WMR
02-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Thanks to Peyton and Robert Mathis restructuring their deals the Colts have about 15 mil to spend. I wouldn't mind seeing a chunk of that going to Thomas.

Ouch.

Yachtzee
02-22-2007, 06:08 PM
we'll take him in Cleveland.

Nah. Cleveland doesn't need D. They need an O-Line.

Heath
02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Nah. Cleveland does need D and they need an O-Line, plus a QB, WR, and CB's.

Here Yach - I fixed it.

Razor Shines
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Ouch.

Does anyone have an idea of what he's wanting? I know that Ray Lewis signed for 50/7 a couple years ago, I wonder if Thomas is going to get more or less.

justincredible
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I'd love to see Thomas in Green & White, that's for sure. With as much cap space as the Jets have I can see them possibly making a run for him. I bet SF also makes a HUGE push to get him.

WVRed
02-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Nah. Cleveland doesn't need D. They need an entire team overhaul, including coaching staff.

Here Yach - I fixed it.

Mine is better.:)

WVRed
02-22-2007, 06:59 PM

As good as he would look in stripes, the odds of it happening are the same as Anna Nicole remaining intact before burial. At least we have a proven commodity in Smith, even if he is somewhat overpaid.