PDA

View Full Version : Huntington High-St Patricks(NJ) on ESPN 2

WVRed
02-22-2007, 07:41 PM
OJ with 18 pts, hit a three to end the half and cut it to three.

Go Highlanders!

Reds Freak
02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Does anyone else have a hard time watching high school basketball on ESPN? I don't know, I just can't bring myself to do it.

justincredible
02-22-2007, 08:33 PM
My friend was just talking to me about the game. He said OJ had about 38 points or so and it was tied 70 all with 9 seconds left.

As for me, I don't like basketball enough to watch anything besides Michigan State when they are playing during the tournament.

WVRed
02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
St Patricks won by 2 in OT, 78-76. Mayo finished with 47 but came up limping and missed what would have won the game.

RedsBaron
02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
St Patricks won by 2 in OT, 78-76. Mayo finished with 47 but came up limping and missed what would have won the game.

HHS had poor shot selection at the end I thought. That said, I wish I was Mayo's agent.

edabbs44
02-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Jersey pride.

RANDY IN INDY
02-23-2007, 07:59 AM
That was definitely a fun game to watch. Glad to see the Henderson Center full of people again. Marshall sure can't pack the place any more. I am very dissapointed that the folks at Marshall have let a once proud basketball program, sink, to such a low level. And to think, Mike D'Antoni wanted to be the coach at MU and the athletic director did not even give him the time of day.

RFS62
02-23-2007, 08:05 AM
And to think, Mike D'Antoni wanted to be the coach at MU and the athletic director did not even give him the time of day.

Is that true? Holy cow. That would be like WVU turning down Jerry West.

RANDY IN INDY
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Bob Marcum wouldn't even talk to Mike.

RedsBaron
02-23-2007, 08:43 AM
And to think, Mike D'Antoni wanted to be the coach at MU and the athletic director did not even give him the time of day.

Randy, you have to consider the heights to which Ron Jirsa has taken Marshall basketball, while all D'Antoni has been able to do in the NBA is win coack of the year honors.:(

Heath
02-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Randy, you have to consider the heights to which Ron Jirsa has taken Marshall basketball, while all D'Antoni has been able to do in the NBA is win coack of the year honors.:(

Hey, Ron Jirsa did a better than average job at Georgia and recruited the kids that Harrick took to the dance. All Harrick did was pay the kids not to come to class to get A's. Dennis Felton took the main fall - he's done pretty good at a place that no one cares about basketball.

I think Marshall probably should have stayed in the MAC, IMO. I think they could have been more successful in the other sports.

RANDY IN INDY
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Marshall will most likely be fine in football in CUSA. As far as basketball and baseball are concerned, those sports are certainly not "lightweight" in the conference. If Marshall wants to compete in those sports, they need to make a committment to winning. They are taking the right steps with a new "on campus" baseball facility in the works. With basketball, while Jirsa seems to be a great guy and not a bad recruiter, he certainly lacks when it comes to the coaching aspect. I find it hard to watch them play. They need a change. I would like to see Marcum and Jirsa on their way out the door.

RedsBaron
02-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Another reason I would have liked Marshall to have considered D'Antoni for basketball coach is that, with his MU ties, D'Antoni might stay at Marshall if he enjoyed some success. Billy Donovan is a terrific coach, but, lacking any ties to MU, he quickly left for Florida as soon as he had some decent results with the Herd. In contrast, Bob Pruett decided to remain at Marshall even after he started to receive offers elsewhere. It will always be difficult for a mid-major school such as MU to retain quality coaches, especially if Marshall is just another job on the resume.