PDA

View Full Version : Why not a daily spring training show on FSN?

redsfan1966
02-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I guess the first thing I should have done is e-mail the powers to be at FSN Ohio....but here in good old C-Bus we get both the Indians and Reds nets and while I will be the first to say the Indians net (Sportstime Ohio) is pretty amatuerish with the exception of actual Tribe casts...they do have a daily spring training show with the latest news and interviews with players and staff which is pretty good...my question is why couldn't the Reds and FSN Ohio do the same...I know last year both parties produced a lot of special pre-season programming with the change in ownership...so what does Redszone nation think...good idea or no?

redsfan30
02-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd love to see it. Last year, they did "Reds Week". Haven't heard of any plans for a similar deal this year though.

RANDY IN INDY
02-23-2007, 09:11 AM
The Reds are missing out on a great marketing tool. Why they don't partner with FSN Cincinnati to run games from the past and spring training shows, I'll never understand. Heck, they could even run a weekly show in the winter for 30 minutes. With all the announcers on board now (Marty, Thom, Brantley, The Creeper, Grande, Nuxhall) it wouldn't take a lot of anyone's time.

Spring~Fields
02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
That might be a great idea, I would watch and enjoy it if done well with balance.

Chip R
02-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Having the DirecTV sports package, I know the Cards and Red Sox do something like that.

WMR
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Reds marketing--especially television--is still really lame.

scounts22
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I guess the first thing I should have done is e-mail the powers to be at FSN Ohio....but here in good old C-Bus we get both the Indians and Reds nets and while I will be the first to say the Indians net (Sportstime Ohio) is pretty amatuerish with the exception of actual Tribe casts...they do have a daily spring training show with the latest news and interviews with players and staff which is pretty good...my question is why couldn't the Reds and FSN Ohio do the same...I know last year both parties produced a lot of special pre-season programming with the change in ownership...so what does Redszone nation think...good idea or no?

I saw the same show and thought the exact same thing as you. I was hoping to peruse the channels one of these days and find a similar program on FSN. Maybe the powers that be are just waiting to surprise us...:D

HumnHilghtFreel
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
The Indians channel probably runs it because 90% of the day it's just dead air when a game isn't on. Otherwise they'll play an old game here and there in the off-season.

The Reds being on FSN Ohio actually have other programming scheduled, but I'm sure they could squeeze something in. I'd like to see it.

M2
02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
NESN does a daily ST show with the Red Sox. They've gotten pretty slick with it. Plenty of workout footage, interviews and talking heads.

membengal
02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
NESN does a daily ST show with the Red Sox. They've gotten pretty slick with it. Plenty of workout footage, interviews and talking heads.

Yup, doing something similar for the Reds really ought to be a no-brainer. The Reds would be well served to help foot costs of such a program, it's great advertising and helps build buzz.

Then again, no one involved in Reds marketing appears to be conscious at this point...

Redus
02-23-2007, 02:26 PM
It makes too much sense. Therefore forget about it.

justincredible
02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
It sounds like it would be a good idea, though I don't think I'd ever get to watch it on FSN Midwest. I barely get 2 games a week during the season it seems like, but I can't complain too bad because at least I get some Reds on tv.

I can't move to Cincinnati fast enough.

TOBTTReds
02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I get to listen to the YES network at work all the time. They show classic Yankees games just about every day. I wish the Reds would put one on.