PDA

View Full Version : Original Wendy's restaurant to close.....

redsfan1966
02-23-2007, 07:06 PM
this is for all you Wendy's old fashioned hamburger fans out there...apparently the original restaurant Dave Thomas opened on the east side of downtown Columbus will close next Friday 3/2......"Wheres the Beef?"...goodbye to a Columbus landmark...

justincredible
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I've been to that Wendy's before when I was on a field trip to Columbus in elementary school.

Any details as to why it is closing?

redsfan1966
02-23-2007, 07:15 PM
I am pretty sure (though I must admit I didnt hear it) it is because it just is underperforming....all of Downtown Columbus is in a lull...City Center --the downtown mall is on life support and there have been quite a few other restaurant closings lately

Caseyfan21
02-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Back when COSI used to be across the street, we'd always go over to that Wendy's for lunch. That's too bad to hear. I might have to make a trip over there this week for lunch.

justincredible
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Back when COSI used to be across the street, we'd always go over to that Wendy's for lunch. That's too bad to hear. I might have to make a trip over there this week for lunch.

It must have been on one of our field trips to COSI that I went there. I knew it was for something to do with school and we went to COSI about every other year.

redsfan1966
02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Wendy's and COSI would make sense...being they were just across the street from each other...i miss the old COSI more and more...when you consider what a monstrosity the new COSI is...

HumnHilghtFreel
02-23-2007, 08:48 PM

I think everyone did that lol because that was like a post-Cosi tradition for me too.

reds1869
02-23-2007, 09:01 PM
As a former resident of Columbus that makes me very sad.

Yachtzee
02-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder if they still had the old-style table tops there, with the turn-of-the-century Sears Roebuck-like catalog ads.

OSUmed2010
02-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow... I can't believe that! I live in Columbus now, and I park right in front of that Wendy's every Sunday when I go to church. I've never been in it, but I have to make sure I go there before the history is gone...