PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I get to post in The Old Red Guard!

Grounds_Crew
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
So, my first question is:

Did I break any records by getting in here so fast? :)

Oh, and here's to all of you guys who kindly gave me such good rep points and comments :beerme: !
I'm off to grab some dinner and a few Budweisers with my woman for now, I just wanted my first post in here to say thanks for helping me get in so quickly!

:griffey: Griffey thanks you too, and plans on hitting 40 HR's this year to show our appreciation!

Yachtzee
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Oh, and here's to all of you guys who kindly gave me such good rep points and comments :beerme: !
I'm off to grab some dinner and a few Budweisers with my woman for now, I just wanted my first post in here to say thanks for helping me get in so quickly!

:griffey: Griffey thanks you too, and plans on hitting 40 HR's this year to show our appreciation!

Welcome to the show. Now put this on and fetch my bags, Meat.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/d1/97/pr-Toys-Pyramid_Hello_Kitty_Backpack-resized200.jpg

jmac
02-23-2007, 08:04 PM

I need to offer a thanks to all who repp'ed me as well !

Gallen5862
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
You both made it here in time for Spring Training. Welcome to the Old Red Guard.

Ltlabner
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
So, my first question is: Did I break any records by getting in here so fast? :)

Very humble. :eek:

Welcome aboard.

redsfan30
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
There was somebody a year or so ago that got enough rep to make it in his first day on one thread. I think that helped institute something to where you have to be a member for so long before gaining access.

I can't remember who it was, or if he's even still around.

Grounds_Crew
02-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Very humble. :eek:

Welcome aboard.

Haha, I was just kidding! I was actually referring back to what someone said in my "pics from the grounds crew" thread. Someone mentioned that I accumulated 200 points quickly.

At that time I didn't really know the significance of the rep points.

Anyway, thanks again! So, I guess that means that although I'm a rookie, I appear to be doing well at the plate! :beerme:

Ltlabner
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
There was somebody a year or so ago that got enough rep to make it in his first day on one thread. I think that helped institute something to where you have to be a member for so long before gaining access.

Guifoyle perhaps?

KoryMac5
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Making it here so fast hmmm.... maybe you are on performance enhancers. :shocked:

KronoRed
02-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Making it here so fast hmmm.... maybe you are on performance enhancers. :shocked:

Agreed.

Pee test time.

guttle11
02-24-2007, 01:39 AM
I say for this one we shave his head and send him to K-Fed's house with an umbrella.

Topcat
02-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Can we just habinero his nostrils as he sleeps ?:confused:

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I say for this one we shave his head and send him to K-Fed's house with an umbrella.

My head is already shaved! :beerme:

C'mon guys, don't take what I said the wrong way, I was just being a little goofy! Seriously, thanks to all who rep'd me!

Ltlabner
02-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I'd suggest taking the low key approach as some other new to ORG folks ended up looking something like this after making a big splash. I think this is Pedro after his comming out party for ORG. :p:

http://media3.guzer.com/pictures/drunk_shamed.jpg

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh, I see how it is guys, haha. So, I'm the ORG "beeotch" now. Gee...thanks!

:mooner:

Gallen5862
02-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Grounds Crew you are our leading candidate for Rookie of the year.

blumj
02-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Vermonter?

BoydsOfSummer
02-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I believe it was PressBox that vaulted over the ORG moat with one try.

GAC
02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
If you want to hang around, then let a "vet" give your a few pointers. Learn to....

- hate Juan Castro
-always question Narron's lineups
- never mention Dunn's K rate
- question why Bubba Crosby, Chad Moeller, and Jeff Conine, is on the team
- hate "the trade"
- apply for immediate membership in the "Jr to RF" club

Other then that.... WELCOME ABOARD! :mooner:

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 07:38 PM
If you want to hang around, then let a "vet" give your a few pointers. Learn to....

- hate Juan Castro
That's hard for me to do, I've been around him so much and he's a pretty cool dude. Besides, he's given me free tickets to other ballparks

Ha, that's an easy one to deal with. I've been doing that for a while now.

Haha...ok

That shouldn't be a problem either!

- hate "the trade"
Oh...I'm still pretty pissed about that.

I couldn't agree more with the move.

How's that....

UKFlounder
02-24-2007, 09:29 PM

- hate Juan Castro
- hate "the trade"

Replace "Narron's" with "whoever the Reds' manager is" and you'll be fine, as lineups by Miley & Boone were not treated any better than Narron's.

And always make fun of "knows how to play the game" or "does it the right way" type comments.

GAC
02-25-2007, 07:30 AM
And always make fun of "knows how to play the game" or "does it the right way" type comments.

And don't forget those "I played the game" people, as well as "he's scrappy" and "veteran presence". :mooner: