PDA

View Full Version : Let's get fired up! List your favorite plays from 2006!

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, we are all obviously geared up for the season to begin. So, I figured that a thread like this might help us get a little more fired up. List two of your favorite plays/memories from last year. By the end of this thread, I'm sure we will be able to relive quite a few great plays from the previous season.

I'll start:

1: Adam Dunn's game winning GRAND SLAM against Bob Wickman of the Indians. No details needed, you guys know the story! :beerme:

2: Griffey's grand slam against the Tigers. I was there, courtesy of Junior with 5 free tickets! :mooner: It was great having my jersey on and taunting the crowd a bit when he launched that ball.

Your turn....

Tommyjohn25
02-24-2007, 11:13 AM
1. Without a doubt. Adam Dunns Walk-Off Granny

2. Ryan Freels (Farneys) catch to rob poo-holes of a game tying EBH.

Honorable mention to David Ross walk off dinger against the Cards.

kbrake
02-24-2007, 11:13 AM
1. Adam Dunn's Grand Slam.
2. Ryan Freel's catch.

Reds Fanatic
02-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Dunn's grand slam against the Indians.

Freel's amazing diving catch against the Cards (pictured in my avatar)

Junior's game winning HR when he was coming back from the DL.

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 11:28 AM

I almost picked that one as my favorite! I'll never forget that or the the way that Junior reacted while running around the bases. GREAT memory.

Ltlabner
02-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Dunn's granny. (Saw on TV)

Javy Valentin's walk off homer against the Dbacks (was at the game).

Freels other big catch sliding face first into the RF wall to catch the ball (was there for that one too).

Every Day Eddies bases loaded, no out jam in the 9th...and he worked his way out of it. (Was there for that one too)

David Ross's game winner, over the batters eye. (Saw on TV)

Talking about Dunn's shot that went out of the park, onto Merhing Way and almost to the river. (only watched the replays)

jmac
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
For a change of pace:
Harang beating Carpentar in St Louis
BA's performance in Chicago....threw lots of whiffle balls that day
Harang winning at Col w/8+ip 1 r 12 k's
Ba's 3 hit shutout vs SF

These are in addition to the offensive performances mentioned above.

Caseyfan21
02-24-2007, 11:43 AM
What about the first week of the season when we were led by our new slugger Bronson Arroyo? That was pretty memorable watching him take Rusch deep twice.

Ltlabner
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
For a change of pace:
Harang beating Carpentar in St Louis

:thumbup: Forgot about that, but that was an amazing game.

OnBaseMachine
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
1. Dunn's walkoff grand slam
2. Griffey walkoff HR
3. Ross walkoff HR
4. Dunn walkoff HR vs Brewers
5. Arroyo's two homers
6. Freel's robbery of Pooholes

reds1869
02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
1. Dunn's Walkoff vs. the Tribe
2. Freel's diving catch vs. the Cards

I saw both in person and will never forget either one.

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
See, I've already been reminded of a few plays that I forgot about. So, this thread is living up to my intentions so far!

Joseph
02-24-2007, 12:47 PM
In no particular order

[and not discounting those already mentioned, just don't want to relist what others have already said.]

-Unassisted DP by LaRue against the White Sox [I think it was].
-Though we didn't win, that extra innings game in Philly
-Walk off home run by LaRue in the 11th against the Padres in September, keeping our failing hopes alive still.
-Harang throws a CG shutout and Freel collects 5 hits against Cleveland back in June on the same day Bailey makes his Double A debut.

fisch11
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
1. Dunn's granny against Tribe (In attendance)
2. Freel's catch

Too easy.

jimbo
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM

I have to put this one on top as my favorite, just for the simple fact it was his first game back from the DL. I had not found RedsZone yet and was on that "other" board, and many of the haters there were actually advocating Griffey either going to Louisville on rehab assignment or sitting him for some games until he "got his swing back." It was quite funny watching them backtrack after that game.

I found RedsZone shortly after that, I think those comments were the ones that finally made me realize that "other" board was full of a bunch of fools.

dougdirt
02-24-2007, 01:46 PM
1. Dunns grand slam. I was there. I threw water all over our entire section.
2. Griffeys walk off 3 run HR on May 11th. Also there. Wonderful.
3. Ross walk off HR. watched it from a bar in Oxford with some guys.
4. Ryan Freels catch against the Cardinals

uks2h
02-24-2007, 02:51 PM
1. Dunn's walkoff grand slam
2. Griffey walkoff HR
3. Ross walkoff HR
4. Dunn walkoff HR vs Brewers
5. Arroyo's two homers
6. Freel's robbery of Pooholes

Ditto This!!! Great list!!

BEETTLEBUG
02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Dunn's Grand Slam I was there it was great I called it.

Grounds_Crew
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I called it.

Haha, I think everyone did!

vaticanplum
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
The first game in San Francisco was fantastic. It crumbled to pieces right after that, of course, but damn that was some exciting baseball.

11larkin11
02-24-2007, 04:06 PM
How about EZ's straight K's.

How many was it?

Or Dunn's consecutive times on base.

Highlifeman21
02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Elizardo Ramirez shut down for the year
Tony Womack DFA'd
Adding Brandon Phillips to the team
Adding Bronson Arroyo to the team

justincredible
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Dunn walkoff grandslam
Griffey walkoff
Freel catch
Ross walkoff

Ltlabner
02-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Elizardo Ramirez shut down for the year

I don't get that one Highlifeman, you were happy when he was hurt? I'm missing something I guess. :help:

Highlifeman21
02-24-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't get that one Highlifeman, you were happy when he was hurt? I'm missing something I guess. :help:

We are a better team without him.

That was my point.

Danny Serafini
02-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Since all of the big plays are taken, I'll mention an insignificant one that I got a kick out of. I was at the game where Griffey hit the walkoff against the Nationals. Quinton McCracken made the most ridiculous steal of 2nd I've ever seen. He went in standing up, overran the bag by two steps, turned around and got back onto the base. This despite the fact that the throw was in time. The second baseman never bothered to actually tag McCracken. My friends and I nearly fell out of our seats laughing at that play. As obscure as it was it was one of my favorite plays of the year just for the absurdity of it all.

Grounds_Crew
02-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Since all of the big plays are taken, I'll mention an insignificant one that I got a kick out of. I was at the game where Griffey hit the walkoff against the Nationals. Quinton McCracken made the most ridiculous steal of 2nd I've ever seen. He went in standing up, overran the bag by two steps, turned around and got back onto the base. This despite the fact that the throw was in time. The second baseman never bothered to actually tag McCracken. My friends and I nearly fell out of our seats laughing at that play. As obscure as it was it was one of my favorite plays of the year just for the absurdity of it all.

Haha...odd that you remember that...but, oddly enough I remember every minute of that as well.