19. Alex Gonzalez
20. Edwin Encarnacion

21. Adam Dunn
22. Ken Griffey Jr.
23. Ryan Freel
24. Chris Denorfia
25. Josh Hamilton

With this lineup, you are leaving out the likes of:

Rheal Cormier, EZ Ramirez, Brad Salmon (hearing rave reviews about him), Shack, Chad Moeller (please), HB (obviously he's being held out for now), Victor Santos, Joey Votto (no huge surprise...next year is his), Bubba Crosby, Norris Hopper, Mark Bellhorn and Dewayne Wise.

That's a lot of hard decisions for Mr. Narron to work with. Louisville should be fairly strong and competitive this year

thatcoolguy_22
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I think regardless of if he is ready or not we will see Hamilton on opening day sitting next to the gatorade and bats leaving the boards faorite little guy (denorfia) chasing fly balls in centerfield at louisville... tsst tsst

kbrake
02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
No way do I see Paul Wilson making this team. And I see it being a pretty tough hill to climb for Hamilton.

pedro
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
No way do I see Paul Wilson making this team. And I see it being a pretty tough hill to climb for Hamilton.

Agreed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Majewski started season on DL either.

BoCcc2832
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
"It's early, but right now, Wilson's looking pretty darn good." - Mark Sheldon
"Paul Wilson has turned heads with way he's thrown early in camp." - John Fay
"He looks really good...his ball is moving everywhere." - Adam Dunn

ncman31
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
That would be great if hambone made the roster.

Willy
02-26-2007, 09:14 PM
"It's early, but right now, Wilson's looking pretty darn good." - Mark Sheldon
"Paul Wilson has turned heads with way he's thrown early in camp." - John Fay
"He looks really good...his ball is moving everywhere." - Adam Dunn

It's amazing how good a guy can look in Feb, and how bad the results can be in April.

BTW, Wilson with either be in the rotation or he will be in AAA. He won't be on the team in long relief.

jmac
02-26-2007, 09:37 PM
It's amazing how good a guy can look in Feb, and how bad the results can be in April.

BTW, Wilson with either be in the rotation or he will be in AAA. He won't be on the team in long relief.

True....but it is a start.

reds44
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
That puts the Reds in an intriguing situation. Narron plans on carrying five outfielders and at the moment, already has four of those spots locked up for Ken Griffey Jr., Adam Dunn, Ryan Freel and Jeff Conine. Hamilton is vying against Chris Denorfia, Norris Hopper and Bubba Crosby for consideration at the fifth spot. Narron also didn't rule out carrying a sixth outfielder if Freel was moved to the infield.

Hamilton and Denorfia aren't both making the roster. If Hamilton shows anything in March, Denorfia will be in AAA to start the year. It will be interesting to see how Josh is used in April if he has a good spring.

BRM
02-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Hamilton and Denorfia aren't both making the roster. If Hamilton shows anything in March, Denorfia will be in AAA to start the year. It will be interesting to see how Josh is used in April if he has a good spring.

What an absolute crime that would be. I can see them both making the roster anyway. The only change I can see from the original poster's list is Cormier will make the squad instead of Wilson. The rests seems reasonable.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
This is just my opinion but I can't see any situation where Hamilton isn't on the big club come opening day. We send him down we lose him, unlike Deno who still has options. Its Hamiltons spot to lose IMO and if he lives up to him potential you could be looking at the CF of the future. Also if he does make it some interesting trade posibilities open up.

pedro
02-26-2007, 10:22 PM

They'll both be on the roster to start the year. If anything Hamilton may get some extended spring training "rehab".

No way on earth that Chris Denorfia doesn't make this club.

BRM
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Hamilton and Denorfia aren't both making the roster. If Hamilton shows anything in March, Denorfia will be in AAA to start the year.

I responded a bit too early to your post as I hadn't checked the ORG side yet. I just read the article over on ORG. I tend to agree with your statement now. I think Deno is ticketed for Louisville barring an injury to one of Junior, Dunn, Freel, Conine, or Hamilton. Of course a trade could change everything.

pedro
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
yeah, i just read that too. depressing.

BRM
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
They'll both be on the roster to start the year. If anything Hamilton may get some extended spring training "rehab".

No way on earth that Chris Denorfia doesn't make this club.

I don't know Pedro. If Narron really plans on carrying five outfielders and he considers his first four to be set (Junior, Dunn, Freel, and Conine), I think Deno is in for a long road ahead.

pedro
02-26-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't know Pedro. If Narron really plans on carrying five outfielders and he considers his first four to be set (Junior, Dunn, Freel, and Conine), I think Deno is in for a long road ahead.

3 of those guys are crappy defenders and the other one is a reckless psycho. I just can't imagine that they'd claim they're trying to upgrade the defense and then keep Denorfia off the team. We'll see I guess.

dougdirt
02-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Like I said in the ORG, if Chris Denorfia does not make this team out of ST, then I have lost all faith in Krivsky or Narron being able to make reasonable baseball decisions.

reds44
02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
I responded a bit too early to your post as I hadn't checked the ORG side yet. I just read the article over on ORG. I tend to agree with your statement now. I think Deno is ticketed for Louisville barring an injury to one of Junior, Dunn, Freel, Conine, or Hamilton. Of course a trade could change everything.
Sorry, I probably should have posted a link with it. That was my fault. I'm no Denorfia fan, but I just wonder why he doesn't get a look. It's not like he has gotten a legit chance and flopped, he just never has gotten the opprotunity.

Why can we only carry 5 outfielders? Conine will be playing first vs. LHP, and we all know Freel can man down the infield. My guess is a backup SS will make, but who will that be? No 3 catches please.

If Hamilton shows something in ST, he has to be on the roster. However, Denorfia should be on it too.

dougdirt
02-26-2007, 11:22 PM
One thing everyone seems to be forgetting about.... we can send Hamilton to the minors and not lose him. We just need to work out a trade to do so with the Drays.

reds44
02-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Agreed. The fact he only wants to carry 5 outfielder suprises me more then anything. Especially when you consider that 2 of them also play the infield.

As for my above post, I forgot about Juan Castro, he's the backup SS, so I have no idea what Narron is thinking.

reds44
02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
One thing everyone seems to be forgetting about.... we can send Hamilton to the minors and not lose him. We just need to work out a trade to do so with the Drays.
Are you sure about that? Maybe we can have it so we don't have to send him to Tampa, but isn't he out of options thus meaning he would have to clear waivers?

dougdirt
02-26-2007, 11:27 PM
No, from everything I have read, we can send him to the minors as long as we make a trade for him. The reason he has the 25 man clause is becuase he was taken in the rule 5 draft.

pedro
02-26-2007, 11:31 PM
They can probably stuff him on the 60 day DL for a while too.

crazybob60
02-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Here's my 25-man roster right now

1. Aaron Harang
2. Bronson Arroyo
3. Eric Milton
4. Kyle Lohse
5. Kirk Saarloos

6. David Weathers
7. Mike Stanton
8. Bill Bray
9. Todd Coffey
10. Matt Belisle
11. Gary Majewski
12. Paul Wilson

13. Juan Castro
14. Jeff Conine
15. David Ross
16. Javier Valentin
17. Scott Hatteberg
18. Brandon Phillips
19. Alex Gonzalez
20. Edwin Encarnacion

21. Adam Dunn
22. Ken Griffey Jr.
23. Ryan Freel
24. Chris Denorfia
25. Josh Hamilton

With this lineup, you are leaving out the likes of:

Rheal Cormier, EZ Ramirez, Brad Salmon (hearing rave reviews about him), Shack, Chad Moeller (please), HB (obviously he's being held out for now), Victor Santos, Joey Votto (no huge surprise...next year is his), Bubba Crosby, Norris Hopper, Mark Bellhorn and Dewayne Wise.

That's a lot of hard decisions for Mr. Narron to work with. Louisville should be fairly strong and competitive this year

I love Paul Wilson making the 25 man....He is probably the one I am rooting for the most and the hardest....not only because of his injury, but also because he is the one out there that is probably trying the hardest for several different reasons.

crazybob60
02-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I have a question....I do believe Josh Hamilton will make the 25 man roster coming out of spring, but I just think there there is a tad bit much hype and such surrounding him right now and just one minor slump or wrong thing that goes against him, and well, I think all of these optimistic fans right now, will quickly change their tune on him. that's my penny for thought right now and well when this does happen, because lets face it every ball player goes through a bad stretch or a slump do you think that he will be able to get through it and tough i t or do you think that that will be just like the final straw in the camel's back and he will be done for. I personally hope he will battle through it and because a success story and possibly even be in contention for comeback player of the year honors, but who knows, there is only one thing that can determine this and that thing is time....

KronoRed
02-27-2007, 01:23 AM
They can probably stuff him on the 60 day DL for a while too.

Let us hope, this kid can have all the talent in the world but there is a reason even guys like A-Rod had to play in the minors.

...and no just because he's 25 doesn't automatically make him ready to face MLB pitching.

crazybob60
02-27-2007, 02:16 AM
so if they put him on the 15 or 60 day DL and then have him go to the minors once he is finished there to tune up a bit, will that stint in the minor break the RULE 5 code? and if it doesn't, how long does he have in the minors until the HAVE to bring him up to the Big Show?

dougdirt
02-27-2007, 02:38 AM
so if they put him on the 15 or 60 day DL and then have him go to the minors once he is finished there to tune up a bit, will that stint in the minor break the RULE 5 code? and if it doesn't, how long does he have in the minors until the HAVE to bring him up to the Big Show?

No it wouldnt becuase it would be considered a rehab stint. I believe you get up to 30 days for a rehab assignment.... so not a lot, but probably 100 plate appearances in that time if that is a route you choose to go.

crazybob60
02-27-2007, 02:55 AM
No it wouldnt becuase it would be considered a rehab stint. I believe you get up to 30 days for a rehab assignment.... so not a lot, but probably 100 plate appearances in that time if that is a route you choose to go.

well I don't wish 'injury' upon anybody, but that might be the best course of action for Josh as of right now unless they can convince good ol Kenny to switch on over to RF right away.

TheWalls
02-27-2007, 08:43 AM
What an absolute crime that would be. I can see them both making the roster anyway. The only change I can see from the original poster's list is Cormier will make the squad instead of Wilson. The rests seems reasonable.

Deno goes to L'ville (Hamilton may have more upside).

I think if the other lefties, Stanton, Shack, Bray, Contalungus (sp?) do anything, Cormier becomes attractive trade bait. Especially with the promise of Guardodo by mid-season, our lefty relievers may at least be a quantity strength, if not a quality strength.

bucksfan2
02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
If both Freel and Deno are still in this organization when the reds break for cincy, I would be a little disappointed. I would like to see a trade of one of those two. Freel probably could get more but Deno has more upside. Even if Hamilton struggles the reds should do whatever they can to give him a shot. A talent like that doesn't come around too often.