PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever heard of these bands?

acredsfan
02-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Ok, so I found out that my two favorite bands are lauching a tour together this summer. In my opinion these are bands everybody must hear at some point in their lives. One is well known, The Fray. The other one is not quite as well know but is picking up quite a following. That band is Mae. You absolutely must hear them, I have met few people who did not like them after they heard them. Go to http://www.purevolume.com/mae. The first two are just special tracks, but in my opinion not the best representation. I challenge you to listen to their infectious style. Be careful, you may become addicted.

JaxRed
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Fray and Mae?

acredsfan
02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes, The Fray and Mae

paintmered
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Yep, been listening to Mae for a few years. It's good study background music.

acredsfan
02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Yep, been listening to Mae for a few years. It's good study background music.yeah, they are great for that. Have you been to one of their concerts yet?

paintmered
02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
yeah, they are great for that. Have you been to one of their concerts yet?

No, I'm not much of a concert goer. I've seen a few of the other tooth & nail bands live though.

Anberlin puts on a good show.

acredsfan
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
No, I'm not much of a concert goer. I've seen a few of the other tooth & nail bands live though.

Anberlin puts on a good show.Yeah, Anberlin is pretty awsome. I was really amazed at how good of a show that Mae puts on. It's worth the time and money to see them if you get a chance. They are now signed with capitol though, so I'm kind of nervous to hear their next CD coming this spring, hopefully they don't sell out.

Edit: I just checked their site and now their new CD isn't due out until summer.

RosieRed
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not a fan of The Fray, but I really, really like Mae. I saw them in concert at the Mad Hatter last year, and will be seeing them again next month. (I really like Anberlin too.)

The Baumer
02-27-2007, 05:02 PM
A few years ago, around the time their first album came out, I had a few friends who were obsessed with Mae. I was more interested in other T&N bands though, like Mewithoutyou and Twothirtyeight. I haven't kept track of much Tooth and Nail bands lately, as most of them have been pretty generic.

An album you might like that I recently found to be quite surprising is the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Wasn't a fan at all of their first cd but this one is much different. Good stuff.

Matt700wlw
02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I've heard of moe., but not Mae.

Maggie Mae?

TeamSelig
02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Mae Young isn't the lead singer, I hope.

paintmered
02-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Anberlin is pretty awsome. I was really amazed at how good of a show that Mae puts on. It's worth the time and money to see them if you get a chance. They are now signed with capitol though, so I'm kind of nervous to hear their next CD coming this spring, hopefully they don't sell out.

Edit: I just checked their site and now their new CD isn't due out until summer.

I didn't realize they got signed onto a major. Congrats to them. It will be interesting to see if/how it changes their sound.

RosieRed
02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
I didn't realize they got signed onto a major. Congrats to them. It will be interesting to see if/how it changes their sound.

Their new CD is really good, IMO. Just came out last week.

acredsfan
02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm not a fan of The Fray, but I really, really like Mae. I saw them in concert at the Mad Hatter last year, and will be seeing them again next month. (I really like Anberlin too.)
I got to see them at Bogarts on Vine. Really an entertaining show. They have a lot of energy. I have to say my second favorite band as far as performances go is Hawk Nelson. I also liked Sanctus Real. How do you feel about Mae's tour with Relient K?

RosieRed
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
I got to see them at Bogarts on Vine. Really an entertaining show. They have a lot of energy. I have to say my second favorite band as far as performances go is Hawk Nelson. I also liked Sanctus Real. How do you feel about Mae's tour with Relient K?

I think it's an interesting combo, but one I'm not going to go see.

Not sure if you already know this, but Mae will be playing at the Mad Hatter in Covington on March 28. They're headlining, and will be with The Hush Sound, Sherwood and The New Atlantic. (Probably a local band or two as well, that usually happens at that venue.)

acredsfan
02-28-2007, 12:42 AM
I think it's an interesting combo, but one I'm not going to go see.

Not sure if you already know this, but Mae will be playing at the Mad Hatter in Covington on March 28. They're headlining, and will be with The Hush Sound, Sherwood and The New Atlantic. (Probably a local band or two as well, that usually happens at that venue.)Yeah, I knew they were there soon, but I didn't know exactly when. As of right now i just plan on catching them when they are in columbus with the fray. Again, I can't believe they signed with capitol, like paint said, it will be interesting to see how they change if they do at all. I'm also looking forward to Anberlin being at bogarts in april. I wish the Reds could get Mae to do a show after a home game. That would be the best combo ever!

camisadelgolf
02-28-2007, 01:14 AM
This is just my opinion, but I'm not impressed by Mae--I think they don't really stand out from the other bands in their respective genre. As for The Fray, they're a decent pop band, but I don't really get excited over them either--I'd rather listen to Jimmy Eat World and Coldplay.

zombie-a-go-go
02-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I demand that this thread be closed for no reason other than that it's making me feel old.

Seriously, what is a "tooth and nail" band?

RosieRed
02-28-2007, 09:36 AM
I demand that this thread be closed for no reason other than that it's making me feel old.

Seriously, what is a "tooth and nail" band?

Tooth and Nail is a record label. :)

http://www.toothandnail.com/

zombie-a-go-go
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Tooth and Nail is a record label. :)

http://www.toothandnail.com/

Thanks.

You know, back in the day I thought I was hot stuff for being familiar with WaxTrax, Dischord, and Sub Pop...

Did I just say 'back in the day?!" Cripes!

Did I just say "Cripes?!" Quickly, someone hit me up with some of that newfangled internet slang...

Lord help me, I just said "newfangled."

I should be looking for my AARP membership papers in the mail any day now, I suppose.

acredsfan
02-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks.

You know, back in the day I thought I was hot stuff for being familiar with WaxTrax, Dischord, and Sub Pop...

Did I just say 'back in the day?!" Cripes!

Did I just say "Cripes?!" Quickly, someone hit me up with some of that newfangled internet slang...

Lord help me, I just said "newfangled."

I should be looking for my AARP membership papers in the mail any day now, I suppose.Don't worry zombie, we still think you are cool. Just give us a week and we'll have you back up to date on all the "newfangled internet slang". Ok, first we need you to forget everything you know about grammar and shorten every word or phrase to around 3 characters. plz, g2g, gr8. you see where I am going. The wonderful thing about the internet is you can mask your age for the most part, but you've just got to drop thinks like "newfangled" and "cripes"...well, you can keep cripes if you are australian. Ok, now comes the most important part. You have to stop capitalizing and using correct punctuation. Kinda like captianmorgan. Ok, that's enough for today. I hope your head didn't explode.:D

max venable
03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
anyone here speak FLYLEAF? http://www.purevolume.com/flyleaf I'm really diggin' them right now.

RosieRed
03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
anyone here speak FLYLEAF? http://www.purevolume.com/flyleaf I'm really diggin' them right now.

I love Flyleaf! Lacey's vocals are great, IMO. They're actually one of the few female-fronted rock bands I listen too. And they're fantastic live, though a tad preachy.