PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game #1 - LOOKING GOOD MILTON!!!!

BLEEDS
03-02-2007, 08:49 PM
IP H R ER BB SO HR
E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

Looks like opening day form already!!!

That is the best $25M ever spent!!!

WOW, that was THE WORST FA ACQUISITION, EVER!!!! Bring a guy prone for giving up the HR ball into THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

dougdirt
03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
IP H R ER BB SO HR
E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

WOW, that was THE WORST FA ACQUISITION, EVER!!!! Bring a guy prone for giving up the HR ball into THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Mo Vaughn and Chan Ho Park really disagree with that statement.

RedFanAlways1966
03-02-2007, 09:14 PM

Actually Eric Milton has not pitched on Opening Day in his two years with the REDS. However, he was the winner both times in his first start for the REDS in 2005 and 2006. Therefore, "his Opening Day" for the REDS each year has been good enough for a 2-0 record, a 3.65 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. One of those wins was against a possible Hall-of-Famer named Tom Glavine. Both starts were in a place some call THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

But I don't want to come across as a Milton-ite... not a popular thing to be on this site! Just stating fact. :)

TheWalls
03-03-2007, 10:31 AM
It's amazing how the opposing hitters beg to be on the lineup card and run for the bat rack when the see Uncle Miltie's on the hill!

Start Homer and Saarlos... NOW!!!!!

KoryMac5
03-03-2007, 12:16 PM
IP H R ER BB SO HR
E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I'm looking for the dead horse, I know I left him around here somewhere. Oh that's right he's hanging out with Dunn strikes out too much and the trade. :bang:

TOBTTReds
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm looking for the dead horse, I know I left him around here somewhere. Oh that's right he's hanging out with Dunn strikes out too much and the trade. :bang:

I found him! :deadhorse

Falls City Beer
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Bleeds gets rep. I relish newcomers slamming Milton. It never, ever gets old. I figure if enough fans go down to the ball orchard and boo that bag of crap off the field, the organization will be embarrassed into removing him from the rotation. Because his suck-ass performance so far hasn't been enough to keep them from taking bite after bite from that feces sandwich.

RedFanAlways1966
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
boo that bag of crap off the field... his suck-ass performance... that feces sandwich.

Worth the money he gets? No. Could the money have been better spent? Yep. Perhaps even Dan O'Brien would agree at this point. Can the REDS do better? Sure. They could do better at any rotation spot but Harang & Arroyo.

Eric Milton had an 8-8 record last season. A better winning percentage than the team's overall record (80-82). Was his 8-8 record lucky? Or could it have been better with a bit of help from the other 24 guys on the roster (WHAT?!?)? Let's take a look at a few facts without overusing adjectives...

* 6 quality starts without a win.
* Got 3 of his 8 losses in quality start games.
* Only 1 win in a game where he did not register a quality start.

6 games where he pitched a QS and did not get the win
* REDS scored a total of 13 runs (2.17 R/G).
* Milton gives up 0 ER in two of the starts and gives up 1ER in 8IP in another and takes the loss when the REDS get blanked by B. Webb.
* One of the games the REDS get held in check by a guy making his 1st ML start (Carlos Marmol).
* One of the games the REDS get no-hit by G. Maddux in 6IP in his 1st Dodgers start.
* REDS bullpen:
>> 13IP, 20H, 16ER, 8K, 8BB
>> 13.85 ERA ; 2.15 WHIP.
* Eric Milton:
>> 40IP, 34H, 12ER, 28K, 5BB, 3HRA
>> 2.70 ERA ; 0.98 WHIP.
* 5 of those 6 games were played at home where many think Milton is a real problem!

There was a lot of REDS crap on the field during six of Milton's starts (23% of his total starts), but it wasn't Eric Milton. I am not asking for rep... just stating fact. Just the facts, not the feces. Oh... not a Milton-ite, just stating fact. :)

Falls City Beer
03-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Worth the money he gets? No. Could the money have been better spent? Yep. Perhaps even Dan O'Brien would agree at this point. Can the REDS do better? Sure. They could do better at any rotation spot but Harang & Arroyo.

Eric Milton had an 8-8 record last season. A better winning percentage than the team's overall record (80-82). Was his 8-8 record lucky? Or could it have been better with a bit of help from the other 24 guys on the roster (WHAT?!?)? Let's take a look at a few facts without overusing adjectives...

* 6 quality starts without a win.
* Got 3 of his 8 losses in quality start games.
* Only 1 win in a game where he did not register a quality start.

6 games where he pitched a QS and did not get the win
* REDS scored a total of 13 runs (2.17 R/G).
* Milton gives up 0 ER in two of the starts and gives up 1ER in 8IP in another and takes the loss when the REDS get blanked by B. Webb.
* One of the games the REDS get held in check by a guy making his 1st ML start (Carlos Marmol).
* One of the games the REDS get no-hit by G. Maddux in 6IP in his 1st Dodgers start.
* REDS bullpen:
>> 13IP, 20H, 16ER, 8K, 8BB
>> 13.85 ERA ; 2.15 WHIP.
* Eric Milton:
>> 40IP, 34H, 12ER, 28K, 5BB, 3HRA
>> 2.70 ERA ; 0.98 WHIP.
* 5 of those 6 games were played at home where many think Milton is a real problem!

There was a lot of REDS crap on the field during six of Milton's starts (23% of his total starts), but it wasn't Eric Milton. I am not asking for rep... just stating fact. Just the facts, not the feces. Oh... not a Milton-ite, just stating fact. :)

Wins and quality starts are your "facts?" Do you build all your arguments on the marshmallows they put in powdered hot cocoa?

When Eric Milton's "mediocre" outweighs his "atrocious" you'll make some headway in the argument. I don't subscribe to the idea that it's a particularly good use of my time to pull out the handful of starts when he wasn't awful and place them side-by-side with the mountain of horrendous starts the guy's had for the Reds and feeling warm and cozy, or even, for that matter, doing justice to the "facts" as you put it. The FACT (all caps) is that Eric Milton has been a top-ten FA bust in this decade. FACT. And he deserves every bile-filled excoriation he gets on this site and at the stadium for not retiring and continuing on in his pathetic charade of a career.

The more often Milton is dragged over the coals perhaps the more ire they'll be at the ballpark, and the more ire at the ballpark may actually get in the head of Jerry Narron that something has to be done about allowing Eric MIlton to start ballgames for my favorite team. I prefer proactive to reactive approaches, but at this point, I'm pretty desperate not to watch another season of Milton getting 25+ starts for my favorite team. Fans deserve better. I personally don't care if YOU don't see better options in your quest for "facts."

Razor Shines
03-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Bleeds gets rep. I relish newcomers slamming Milton. It never, ever gets old. I figure if enough fans go down to the ball orchard and boo that bag of crap off the field, the organization will be embarrassed into removing him from the rotation. Because his suck-ass performance so far hasn't been enough to keep them from taking bite after bite from that feces sandwich.

So rule #5 is just a suggestion?

Falls City Beer
03-03-2007, 10:08 PM
So rule #5 is just a suggestion?

Count the Milton-bashing threads.

Then count the Marty & Dunn threads. Yeah, they ain't even comparable.

Plus, this guy's post has a timely and relevant component--Milton's pitching line from the other day. It wasn't exactly "random."

Razor Shines
03-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Count the Milton-bashing threads.

Then count the Marty & Dunn threads. Yeah, they ain't even comparable.

Plus, this guy's post has a timely and relevant component--Milton's pitching line from the other day. It wasn't exactly "random."

I was thinking more of the "excessive" part. If someone called Dunn a "bag of crap" or a "suck-ass" the board would probably consume that person with fire. But you're well liked on the board and Milton is not so I'm sure it's fine. I was only half serious anyway.

Falls City Beer
03-03-2007, 10:44 PM
I was thinking more of the "excessive" part. If someone called Dunn a "bag of crap" or a "suck-ass" the board would probably consume that person with fire. But you're well liked on the board and Milton is not so I'm sure it's fine. I was only half serious anyway.

That's my point: it's not really excessive. Certainly not excessive when compared to other topics that get beaten into the ground on this site (and yet aren't closed or people aren't necessarily reprimanded for their participation in such). It has nothing to do with people "liking me." Trust me on that one.

Okay, maybe I could have chosen different words to describe Milton's "subpar" performances.

CrackerJack
03-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Okay, maybe I could have chosen different words to describe Milton's "subpar" performances.

Just a...tad harsh.

Falls City Beer
03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Just a...tad harsh.

Yeah. But there's nothing harsher than the FO foisting him upon the fans for 25+ starts. All things considered, I'd say we fans have been beyond magnanimous lo these two seasons.

KoryMac5
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Like Milton or not we are stuck with him. I do however feel at the end of the spring Milton will not be in the starting rotation. I doubt the Reds will eat 9 million dollars in contract and no team is going to take him in a trade. So I would imagine he will become Cormier's best new buddy in the bullpen.

RedFanAlways1966
03-04-2007, 12:51 AM
When Eric Milton's "mediocre" outweighs his "atrocious" you'll make some headway in the argument... the mountain of horrendous starts the guy's had for the Reds.

Sorry that facts bother you, but thanks for holding back on your adjectives with your rebuttal to my post. Ready for more fact?

14 QS in 26 GS last year. So perhaps you are making a MOUNTAIN (caps) out of a hill. Take away two starts (out of 26... 7.7% of his total) when he was hurt (knee in April and arm in Sept.) and his ERA is in the 4.40 range. No, no, not near an all-star. No, no, not a $9 mill kind of pitcher (thanks, DOB). No, no, also not deserving of the attack brought by some. Hate MLB and it's salary disparity that causes a bad deal (thanks, DOB) like this to be kept by a team like the REDS. Hate DOB (have I mentioned him?) and/or his boss (Mr. Lindner) for letting the deal happen.

A guy was called a bag of crap and a feces sandwich. I counter with some FACTS. That bag of crap could of had an 11-5 record last year with some support from the team. If I could, I'd change things before he was signed and he'd never of worn a REDS uniform. 2005 was bad. 2006 may look bad on the surface to some, but a little digging shows some things that don't appear. Not $9 mill worth of things, but things that will allow those who are willing to read it fairly to make some headway in their subjective views.

Argue, use adjectives, boo the man when in attendance. Makes no difference to me. But I'll still try to show things that are hard for some to see... if those things exist.