PDA

View Full Version : A Nuxhall wannabe

OldRightHander
03-03-2007, 12:15 AM
I was listening to the game on XM tonight with the Twins announcers and I think I must have heard six different pronunciations of Denorfia. Apparently Joe is not alone. Did anyone else hear those guys tonight?

Yachtzee
03-03-2007, 12:32 AM
I was listening to the game on XM tonight with the Twins announcers and I think I must have heard six different pronunciations of Denorfia. Apparently Joe is not alone. Did anyone else hear those guys tonight?

I think that's pretty standard for old-timer baseball announcers. For the Pirates game, Votto was called "Vote-oh," "Vaught-oh," and "Vito."

Of course Herb Score for the Indians was a trip when it came to pronunciation.

redsfan30
03-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Anytime a thread is opened bashing Marty, the posters should be forced to listen to 95% of the other broadcast teams out there.

Minnesota's team is horrible.

dougdirt
03-03-2007, 12:52 AM
The Twins announcers called Votto (Vah-toe), Voe-toe all night long.

Jr's Boy
03-03-2007, 03:01 AM
That's one of the things that kind of endears you to Joe,the way he mispronounces names from time to time.

TOBTTReds
03-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Nothing was like Harry Carey trying to say Grudzelanek (sp?)

Heath
03-03-2007, 01:55 PM
That's one of the things that kind of endears you to Joe,the way he mispronounces names from time to time.

Bernerd Gikey.

My all time favorite.

I'll be alright.......

Joseph
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Anytime a thread is opened bashing Marty, the posters should be forced to listen to 95% of the other broadcast teams out there.

Minnesota's team is horrible.

I concur, I've heard the Pirates and Twins so far, and to paraphrase an old sports cliche, they couldn't carry Marty's jock.

baseballPAP
03-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Marty wearing a jock...now thats funny!

Listening to Joe butcher names was one of the things that hooked me to baseball, mostly because he sounded a lot like my grandpa, another Reds fan. Marty may be opionated, and a little over-the-top, but the guy is a class act, one of the biggest Reds fans around anywhere, and truly deserves his Cooperstown spot.

harangatang
03-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Bernerd Gikey.

My all time favorite.

I'll be alright.......
Juan Encarnacion (or maybe Edwin for that matter) is my favorite.

Jr's Boy
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Imagine if Daisuke Matsuzaka played in the NL.Joe would have a heckuva time saying his name.

NJReds
03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Imagine if Daisuke Matsuzaka played in the NL.Joe would have a heckuva time saying his name.

Daisuke Matsuzaka backwards is 'akazustam ekusiad'

dabvu2498
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Bernerd Gikey.

My all time favorite.

I'll be alright.......

That's how you pronounce it if you're from Butler County.

Harry also used to do quite a number on "Brooks Kieschnick."

Team Clark
03-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Nothing was like Harry Carey trying to say Grudzelanek (sp?)

Or Andres Gallarraga when he came up with the Expos... "And here Andre(s) Gala.. Gala... Galaarrraaaguuuaaaa.. or whatever his name is" I laughed so hard I probably peed my pants. It was at that moment that I began to like Harry Caray.

Joseph
03-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Daisuke Matsuzaka backwards is 'akazustam ekusiad'

Speaking of which, his name isn't actually pronounced Dice-K is it? Surely thats a pitching thing and it's Die sooky\sookay yes?