PDA

View Full Version : DRays Coaches big fans of Brendan Harris

jmcclain19
03-03-2007, 02:56 AM
http://www.tbo.com/sports/rays/MGBFO0R2SYE.html

EARLY FAVORITE: IF Brendan Harris figures to be among the starters Saturday against Toronto. The utility player already has caught Maddon's eye in his first Rays camp.

"I really like what Brendan Harris has done to this point; he's made a great first impression," Maddon said. "He's my kind of player, the way he goes about his business. He is all business, and he's able to execute. I see this guy as being a consistent kind of a player as he matures. I like him. So he's going to get a very good look during this camp."

WMR
03-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Sounds like a "less mature" Conine (the player jettisoned to make room for Mr. Conine, IIRC)

KronoRed
03-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Shame we had to lose him.

oneupper
03-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Shame we had to lose him.

Harris never got a shot.

Highlifeman21
03-03-2007, 01:34 PM
If Josh Hamilton turns out to be anything of substance, Brendan Harris was a nice price to pay.

Patrick Bateman
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
If Josh Hamilton turns out to be anything of substance, Brendan Harris was a nice price to pay.

The 2 moves were unrelated.

dougdirt
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
The 2 moves were unrelated.

Are you sure? We have not recieved a PTBNL in that deal, and until we do, it remains a possibility.

redsmetz
03-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Are you sure? We have not recieved a PTBNL in that deal, and until we do, it remains a possibility.

I agree it's a possibility, but I still think TB will want much more than just Brendan Harris.

Patrick Bateman
03-03-2007, 05:45 PM

I think I recall TeamClark or someone saying that Tampa Bay was really, really pissed off about the Reds taking Hamilton, and it would take much more than Harris to gain Hamilton's rights.

mth123
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I think I recall TeamClark or someone saying that Tampa Bay was really, really pissed off about the Reds taking Hamilton, and it would take much more than Harris to gain Hamilton's rights.

The flip side is that the Reds have leverage. They can just keep Hamilton and ask for something else from Tampa Bay for Harris. The Rays may see giving Hamilton as the compensation as the cheapest route at this point.

Chip R
03-04-2007, 12:11 AM

They were pissed about the Livingston deal. If they wanted to keep Hamilton so badly, they should have kept him on the 40 man roster. I thought at first that the Reds may have used the Cubs as a decoy cause of the Livingston thing. But I doubt that's the case since it's not like TB could have pulled Hamilton back once the Reds selected him. Also PTBNLs are usually selected when the trade is made. The clubs agree on a list of players and then the team eventually selects a player from that list.

Patrick Bateman
03-04-2007, 12:46 AM
They were pissed about the Livingston deal. If they wanted to keep Hamilton so badly, they should have kept him on the 40 man roster. I thought at first that the Reds may have used the Cubs as a decoy cause of the Livingston thing. But I doubt that's the case since it's not like TB could have pulled Hamilton back once the Reds selected him. Also PTBNLs are usually selected when the trade is made. The clubs agree on a list of players and then the team eventually selects a player from that list.

I think the D-Rays felt there should have been a special rule for Hamilton because of his problems. They thought he needed stability and that it was cheap for a team to take him from them. They probably assumed nobody would take Hamilton and were mad when they were caught.